Isagenix/clean eating open diary friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Jakep2323 wrote: »
    What I've noticed is there is a lot of cats trying to lose weight - Whiskas has a lot to answer for :p

Nah. Friskies, bro.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    You are all welcome to your own opinion, however I am not here to sell you shakes or sell you ON to shakes. It has worked for me before and is already working for me again. Anyone else here working too much night shift in an ICU AND trying to farm 3 acres? What is the difference to you if I use Isagenix vs. Vega vs Sun Warrior? Nothing. I found what works for me and that is that. I work 3 sometimes 4 sometimes 5 night shifts a week and it is BUSY. Isagenix gives me a great option, in what would otherwise be a shift that I don't eat at all. On my off days I try to stick to a modified Paleo. Using this method I lost 30 pounds in the years before nursing school and kept it off until the stress of school led me down the path of Mac and Cheese and ramen. Since I have been back on track in a month I have already lost 10 pounds and I am still going. I like the shakes, I feel better having 1-2 a day. There is no yo-yo for me. In my off days sticking to a clean, low to no carb, high protein high fat diet fits my lifestyle which is why its pretty sustainable for me. Come on guys, I eat out of my garden and from meat we raise/kill ourselves most meals. Is it perfect? Not even close. But I'm getting results, feeling better, and I know this is a lifestyle I can keep, so... isn't that the point?

If this method doesn't work for you, I'm not here to tell you you're wrong unlike how many of these replies are going. Not really sure how searching for some diary sharing friends turned into "Oh my god you use a shake system I don't agree with lets comment and change your ways".

Losing, gaining, losing is the definition of yo-yoing. You do realize you just described it immediately beforing claiming you don't do it?

You read the OPs whole passage and this was all you picked up on? Shows a desire for the OP to be in the wrong. Desperately making her out to be a hypocrite. Not a nice quality in a person at all.
    The OP has attributed the increase weight to stress and has a very busy life by all accounts. Im not in favour of Isogenix but with that lifestyle it is not the worst thing and cant hurt.

No. It's not the only thing I picked up on. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to point something out without commenting on absolutely everything else. I also don't 'desire for her to be wrong' and I was not trying to make her out to a hypocrite. Sometimes people just don't notice things for themselves and other things can't be improved on until a person sees the possible entirety of the situation.

You want to tell me anything else you think you know about me based on your misinterpretation of my comment?

I didn't misinterpret it - it was negative and you just sought to find something negative despite the OP leading quite a commendable life. Do you have anything to contribute or assist this thread or the OP? Or did you just pop in to find a quick negative in the OP's defense of using shakes? Easier to dissect a point than to make one

Respectfully sir, unless you are psychic, you can not tell me what I meant. I'm sorry it came off sounding curt, but it was just meant to point out that they may be experiencing something they aren't aware of. Which sometimes, can interfere. This is my last comment. I refuse to debate an erroneous opinion of me and sidetrack the OP's thread in a non-helpful fashion. (Despite your false opinion of my intentions) Good day sir.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I eat a pretty "clean" diet (though I really don't care for the term) in that my diet consists largely of whole foods and some minimally processed foods...but I'm afraid I'm not a lot of help as I don't keep a diary...I'm also higher carb than you typically see around here and don't see carbs as being "unclean"...lots of nutritious sources of carbs.

I think people were just pointing out that typically "clean" implies a whole foods diet with minimal processed foods. Any shake I've ever seen is highly processed...not that there's anything wrong with that. At any rate, I wouldn't worry about the label...use your shakes if that's what's going to work and otherwise eat a balanced and varied diet with an emphasis on whole food nutrition...but don't forget to treat yourself once in awhile...good luck.
  • seejessiego
    seejessiego Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Let me clarify one thing, there was no "yo yo" and I'm a nurse I think I understand the idea of healthy nutrition and yo yo weight loss and gain. I had an initial weight loss in my 20's taking out the college diet of junk food and going to a more clean/paleo (though at that time paleo wasn't a thing) and using Isagenix or some form of shakes at least once a day. I did this for years. Shakes help me in busy mornings and to get nutrition that I otherwise would not get since vegetables are not my favorite. When nursing school started, it was impossible on both a time and financial end to keep up that lifestyle. Unless you have been through nursing school while working full time on an ambulance to pay your bills, don't even attempt to understand this. (not trying to be snarky, it is what it is). Over the time of 3 years of hell in school I gained 20-30 lbs. That is not yo yo-ing. That is stress and not being able to afford your old lifestyle of expensive quality food and protein powder, or having time to sleep much less go to the gym. Anyone also understand the cortisol phenomenon? THREE years I gained that, not 6 months, not one year. I don't think yo yo-ing is gaining an average of 10lbs a year, so maybe you should check your facts on what yo yo-ing and fad diets really are. This isn't one of them.

One commenter was confused how the Isagenix (or really any shake supplement) is a better option for me while working. Well its rare I get a lunch. My typical night, especially during flu season, my only break is running to the sink to mix a shake up. There are times I have to choose that or to pee. TMI? Maybe, but welcome to the life of an ICU nurse. It's awesome, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't do it if I didn't LOVE my job. But this is a downside.

Honestly, I thought ICU staff could be pretty harsh in criticism. Turns out it is anyone behind a computer on MFP. Or maybe I just live in this crazy world where instead of picking people apart, we just offer support and congratulate them for actually getting off the couch and trying.

With that said, I'm not changing my method, since not only does it work, but it makes me feel pretty good and I have no issue sticking to it. Anyone who actually has something to offer regarding my original post, please feel free to comment. I don't mind constructive criticism, I just have yet to see it.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My mom and sister are nurses and I have seen what you are talking about first hand. They rarely get a lunch. My mom always keeps some type of meal replacement bar in her pocket that she nibbles on throughout the day.

I guess you could call the way I eat modified paleo:-) Some paleo recipes and some non paleo recipes. My diary is also open to friends. Sending you a request:-)
  • seejessiego
    seejessiego Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My mom and sister are nurses and I have seen what you are talking about first hand. They rarely get a lunch. My mom always keeps some type of meal replacement bar in her pocket that she nibbles on throughout the day.

I guess you could call the way I eat modified paleo:-) Some paleo recipes and some non paleo recipes. My diary is also open to friends. Sending you a request:-)

Thank you!! I've done the strict Paleo but I can't give up dairy due to some seizure medications I'm on so I just try to keep it good healthy dairy. And of course, never going to give up my wine and my cheese. I find that even though I still have 2-3 cheat meals a week (I love to cook and bake) it is still very effective.

I'm sure your mom and sister will agree, best job ever, but hardest sometimes too. Looking forward to the add. Thanks again!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Let me clarify one thing, there was no "yo yo" and I'm a nurse I think I understand the idea of healthy nutrition and yo yo weight loss and gain. I had an initial weight loss in my 20's taking out the college diet of junk food and going to a more clean/paleo (though at that time paleo wasn't a thing) and using Isagenix or some form of shakes at least once a day. I did this for years. Shakes help me in busy mornings and to get nutrition that I otherwise would not get since vegetables are not my favorite. When nursing school started, it was impossible on both a time and financial end to keep up that lifestyle. Unless you have been through nursing school while working full time on an ambulance to pay your bills, don't even attempt to understand this. (not trying to be snarky, it is what it is). Over the time of 3 years of hell in school I gained 20-30 lbs. That is not yo yo-ing. That is stress and not being able to afford your old lifestyle of expensive quality food and protein powder, or having time to sleep much less go to the gym. Anyone also understand the cortisol phenomenon? THREE years I gained that, not 6 months, not one year. I don't think yo yo-ing is gaining an average of 10lbs a year, so maybe you should check your facts on what yo yo-ing and fad diets really are. This isn't one of them.

One commenter was confused how the Isagenix (or really any shake supplement) is a better option for me while working. Well its rare I get a lunch. My typical night, especially during flu season, my only break is running to the sink to mix a shake up. There are times I have to choose that or to pee. TMI? Maybe, but welcome to the life of an ICU nurse. It's awesome, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't do it if I didn't LOVE my job. But this is a downside.

Honestly, I thought ICU staff could be pretty harsh in criticism. Turns out it is anyone behind a computer on MFP. Or maybe I just live in this crazy world where instead of picking people apart, we just offer support and congratulate them for actually getting off the couch and trying.

With that said, I'm not changing my method, since not only does it work, but it makes me feel pretty good and I have no issue sticking to it. Anyone who actually has something to offer regarding my original post, please feel free to comment. I don't mind constructive criticism, I just have yet to see it.
    It's so strange; all I see is constructive critisism and hooray'ing. ;)

To me, it seems like your problems are 1) that you don't like vegetables, 2) that your working conditions are terrible, 3) that you falsely believe healthy food is expensive because you have a rigid idea what healthy food is. You don't have to explain yourself! This is not what this is all about. You present things as problematic, and then people naturally want to help. The good thing is that you don't have to be thankful, because the urge to help is a selfish one. And maybe you can't use the input now - but a seed can grow. Fun fact: I used to be passionately against everything I do now, all the things that I have found to be easy ways to good health and good life.
  • czymom123
    czymom123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, keep up the good work. I am trying to take off about 5-8 and maintain. My husband has lost 20 on Isagenix. It's a good product.