I'm one cupcake away please help

Options
motherofallcupcakes
motherofallcupcakes Posts: 16 Member
edited October 2016 in Getting Started
So I went to the gym today and signed up for membership. I talked to a personal trainer who was all too willing to let me know from the beginning how much of a failure I was. How I've let my weight get out of control blah blah blah blah blah and oh by the way do you want to spend $300 a month to let me follow you around and teach you how to get thin like me. After 45 minutes of the brutal mental beat down from this "professional", I went and dragged myself onto a treadmill. I'm in the gym and I'm totally alone, I'm totally lost and I don't know what to do. I'm a mom of 7 children, I just want to get thin again and feel good about myself. But now I go into the gym for people were supposed to help me to only make me feel discouraged. Can anyone out there help me with a workout plan for the gym that will consist of five days the week. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Replies

• she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    I hope your first step is to fire that jerk
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I hope you didn't give this person one red cent! Geez! I guarantee you that this professional is not making any money selling personal training whatsoever.

Read these!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/getting-started
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yeah, ditch the idiot trainer. He doesn't deserve your money.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    You need a trainer that respects you and that you get along with. Or do it on your own. Bodybuilding.com has programs you can follow for free, and has video demonstrations of every exercise - maybe start there.
  • motherofallcupcakes
    Options
    Not one cent!
  • motherofallcupcakes
    Options
    Thank you all for your support!
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Live lean tv, gauge girl training m, and muscle for life have paid programs & eating plans, but they're a lot cheaper than $300 a month - more like one time fee of $50.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Not one cent!

Yesss!
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Fitnessblender on YouTube has workout videos you can follow for free for all kinds of workouts- free weights, body weight exercises, cardio, plyo, Pilates, yoga... I love them! They also have more specific programs to follow on their website. These are good because they can be done at home OR in the gym.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Also don't forget most weight loss happens in the kitchen not the gym- meaning you need to use myfitnesspal to count calories, log your food, and make sure you're in a caloric deficit. You can work out all you want but if you're not in a calorie deficit you won't lose weight.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    with my gym membership, you get a one hour session with a trainer for free. he showed me exercises, then spent 40min telling me the benefits of hiring him. Did that with my friend too. They just want to get the business. I figured out my own. I go to water aerobics twice a week. I go on treadmill, some of the machines & always end it with a swim in the pool. I also watch other ppl on the machines to see how you use them. I like to practice racquetball too, good cardio