Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Flu shots? For them or against ?

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    well for... of course. why put your life in any kind of sickness if you do not have to. no brainer really. I think the people that are against are just afraid of needles.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I never used to get them because I never get sick then one year I got the flu and was sooooo sick I started getting them. Now I am being lackadaisical about it so I don't get them.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Pro flu shot!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited October 2016
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    I get mine annually. View it as a civic duty not really something to question. An exception would be if you were somehow immunocomprimised and it was an attenuated strain then you might have a reason to avoid it.
    Around here they only give shots with the dead virus and the nasal spray is live.

I was talking about vaccines in general when I mentioned if it is an attenuated strain. MMR for example.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'll admit getting a flu shot is about as easy as it gets for me. My work brings someone in annually to administer flu shots. So all we have to do is take 2 minutes out of our workday to go get one.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 470 Member
    I just got mine today. This year and last year my work organized a flu shot clinic so we don't have to go anywhere.

Besides wanting to protect myself and my family, I work in the event business, so at times 1000's of people are around. I don't want to catch anything, but also don't want to pass along anything to someone who can't get the flu shot.

I've never had any negative side effects.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Before I was immunosuppressed I never got them but now that I am hell yes I am getting them. I know they only cover a few strains but since I could get very, very sick any immunity is better than none

^This. My family gets them because of me as well.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2016
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    I'll admit getting a flu shot is about as easy as it gets for me. My work brings someone in annually to administer flu shots. So all we have to do is take 2 minutes out of our workday to go get one.

This is me as well. My work provides it. I just have to walk a few feet and get one.
This discussion has been closed.