Beer as a meal.

Options
2»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I am baffled why my beer doesn't have the Nutrition Facts label on the back.

Because it's not required by law.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    lollll alot of days i drink wine for dinner
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If you are getting plenty of nutrients in your other meals, 150 calories (or even 250) obviously is no big deal. If you want to call it lunch instead of dessert I don't think it matters much.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Pop a multi-vitamin and you're good to go.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. However, I don't drink alcohol, so I'll drink Monster instead. The Low Carb version only has 10 calories, so I can drink 10 of them and it will only cost me 100 calories. Brilliant.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Here is the truth about alcohol

1. Your body (liver) can clear about an ounce an hour in that hour your burning alcohol calories not protein fat carb calories because its trying to remove the alcohol from your body. One shot not that big of a deal six even light beers equal to one shot each alcohol wise but more calories were now at more than likely 20% of your daily intake (60 calories a shot x 6 shots= 360 calories) and 25% of the time your bodies ability to burn fat and build muscle (25% of 24 hours is 6 shots). When your body is working on removing alcohol from your body its less likely to utilize protein and fats to build muscle and support hormone needs so they just turn to calories which store as Fat in a surplus

My point beer/liquor a great release but to build muscle and lose fat you would be better off removing it during a cut and not going overboard the rest of your diet. Once your Goals are met it can surely be added into your caloric expenditure within reason

• flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I cut alcohol out of my diet because I like eating food more.
  • Duane2013
    Duane2013 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm down to one IPA a day. more on the weekends when I'm off, of course. My doctor said there's nothing wrong with beer, as long as they are not real dark. Wife thinks I'm lying....:) Funny thing-when I drink a lot of beer on the weekend, come Monday weigh in I always have lost 2 lbs.!!!! Dig It!!!!!!
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Duane2013 wrote: »
    I'm down to one IPA a day. more on the weekends when I'm off, of course. My doctor said there's nothing wrong with beer, as long as they are not real dark. Wife thinks I'm lying....:) Funny thing-when I drink a lot of beer on the weekend, come Monday weigh in I always have lost 2 lbs.!!!! Dig It!!!!!!

I see alot of OLD drunks not a lot of old Doc's so life well lived right..lol. The reason your lighter is because your dehydrated.

Another note your body repairs its self while sleeping so if your going to bed drunk more than likely not repairing as well as you could be.

10 monsters a day Damm you have to be FLYING HIGH $2 each times ten times 365 days a year $7300 Glad I drink free coffee at work.

• MiMi_5151
    MiMi_5151 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I log alcohol under 'Snacks.' And I just make sure I meet my calorie/macro guidelines for the day, with the majority of my calories coming from a variety of healthy sources. I've lost an average of 2lbs/week for the past 16 weeks, so it's working well so far.
  • Duane2013
    Options
    Well- I'm not going to bed, or, getting drunk. Were talking 6 beers instead of one. And I typically drink 90 oz of water a day. Someone suggested the fiber in beer, plus the extra water, is "draggin' the fat out"......hmmm. Never had a Monster- but I do like the race cars they sponsor.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    @Christine_72 if you didn't live half way around the world, I would swear we were married to the same beer-lunching husband.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    @Christine_72 if you didn't live half way around the world, I would swear we were married to the same beer-lunching husband.

Haha such gems they are :lol:

• carlstatham
    carlstatham Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Duane2013 wrote: »

Don't think you're doctor knows what he is talking about. Beer is Malt, Hop's, Water, yeast which when brewed creates alcohol. For colour you roast malts for longer so they get darker (they also crystalise their sugar so it makes sweeter tasting beer) and you add hops to flavour and provide a preservative. Cheap light beers means quicker roasted malts and very low amounts of hops (the expensive bits), they are then pasturised to preserve them (i.e. the beer is killed) ...... so it starts with little flavour and ends with even less i.e. Peronni, Kingfisher and virtually any Australian beer (they are generally erroneously called lagers).

The virtually only calorific element in beer is alcohol and boy is alcohol calorific. Take alcohol out of beer and you have a low calorie isotonic drink. Erdinger even promote it as a great post exercise recovery drink.

https://int.erdinger.de/markenwelt/alkoholfrei/highlights.html
  • michael_hatten
    michael_hatten Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Truth is; I really don't care about beer nutritionals. I just look at it as calories that taste great. I don't drink beer out of habit so buying a lo cal light beer that is barely more than water is just not worth it. I'd rather drink one really good beer and work it into my caloric input of the day.
  • Duane2013
    Options
    Ok I checked out Erdinger. Alcohol free...............boring. Might as well drink Perrier, which is the ONLY carbonated drink I'll consume besides beer. Do not do Cola's, etc, ever. BLECH!!!!!