Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

What's your favorite exercise?

Options

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Wait, sex.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Cardio - running
    Gym - weights

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Horseback riding and aikido are my main favorites. I also really enjoy hiking in the state parks, but rarely have time or energy. Most of my exercise comes with my job.
  • Treehugger_88
    Treehugger_88 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    HIIT workouts in winter, backpacking and hiking in summer
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Bench. Always bench. Deadlifts next. Squats come a distant third.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Walking amd yoga. Both are simple and relaxing and can be done at any time of the year at any location.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,010 Member
    Options
    Rowing, on the water - those long, skinny boats like in the Olympics. Only mine goes slower. (Hey: I'm doin' OK. I'm old, and I started late!)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,159 Member
    Options
    Walking for cardio, TRX for strength.
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Cardio "anything".
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Rowing, on the water - those long, skinny boats like in the Olympics. Only mine goes slower. (Hey: I'm doin' OK. I'm old, and I started late!)

Hey, there's nothing wrong with starting late. As long as you know your limits and are being safe about it, then I say that's great for you. It's better late then never. There was a little old man who was in his 70's in my yoga classes.

My yoga class was mainly a bunch of mid 20 year-olds and early 30 year-olds. He did just fine. He couldn't do every move as fast as other's, but he did some moves that not even most of the men in our classes could do.You'd be surprised what some people can do despite their age or looks.
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Power jumps and any kind of dance
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,292 Member
    Options
    Cycling
  • alexisslolypop
    alexisslolypop Posts: 4,593 Member
    Options
    Smith machine and running
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,010 Member
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Hey, there's nothing wrong with starting late. As long as you know your limits and are being safe about it, then I say that's great for you. It's better late then never. There was a little old man who was in his 70's in my yoga classes.

My yoga class was mainly a bunch of mid 20 year-olds and early 30 year-olds. He did just fine. He couldn't do every move as fast as other's, but he did some moves that not even most of the men in our classes could do.You'd be surprised what some people can do despite their age or looks.

What is this "limits" of which you speak? ;)

(Signed) Ann T., Age 60.

P.S. An 81-year-old took our club's learn-to-row class. He did fine.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Squats
    And dog walking
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I don't think we have limits because of age, we have limits because of desire and commitment!

At 66, I lift weights, run, swim and hike. My favorite is dead lifts above anything else and also leg press, I'm up to 470 lbs right now so yeah I like that a lot.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Running for sure! When you spends weeks at a time unable to even walk, being able to run when you can feels like freedom and a defiant victory!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Log press.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Does bouncing in the ocean mixed with intermittent swimming count? Cuz that's my favorite. Hiking second. Deadlifts third.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Cardio: Boxing
    Lifting: Back squats and deadlift