How to mantain a diet

Hey guys! I never believed in dieting for weight loss. I always thought that everyone's way of eating is the diet they choose.
Although, now I am trying to change my habits to healthier ones for good and I need some tips on how to mantain the diet I am choosing and how do I make it work for long?

Any tips or ideas/suggestions would be helpful!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited October 2016
    Dieting is just eating less than you burn so you lose weight and you need to do that to lose weight. A diet is the way/foods a person eats.

To be able to stick to your chosen diet, choose/compose a diet that is 1) conductive to good health and 2) something you like.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    eat the calories given by MFP. Make sure you eat enough protien and lots of vegetables. Log everything. Add some exercise. Be consistent and weight will come off.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Although, now I am trying to change my habits to healthier ones for good and I need some tips on how to mantain the diet I am choosing and how do I make it work for long?

Everyone has different challenges. What do you think are you biggest issues with being consistent? Too busy to prepare foods? A lack of a plan? Binging? Something else? :+1:
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    My tip for maintaining the diet/way-of-eating you choose: choose something you genuinely enjoy. Update it as your tastes/preferences change.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    What "diet" are you choosing? What are your goals? Have you entered your stats in MFP along with a reasonable rate of loss target and let it calculate a calorie target for you?
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Your diet is the foods you choose to eat. To learn new habits you would keep practicing daily. What are the habits that you are trying to change?
  • applesandtapeline
    applesandtapeline Posts: 58 Member
    Good that you have chosen to change your eating habits, I can only hope these habits will benefit your health and overall well-being. Therefore, a reason to maintain your diet.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    If you're just trying to tweak so that you can include more whole foods/veg/fruit then the easiest way is to just do something small every so often to create a new habit. Add a new veg to each meal. Switch out say a cereal bar or chips for fruit or a handful of nuts as a snack.

It really does depend on what you want to change and why.