The Bucket List - Things you want to do before you die.

Options

Replies

• LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I like your list! I recently made a '30 before 30' list and am already in process of working to mark some of them off!

Oh I like that! That makes the list seem less unattainable.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I have a huge list of my own to start crossing off. Your's is a great list, but I may recommend crossing off #21 (win the lotto) first, to fund the rest. Also, I'd move #10 (The Bermuda Triangle) down to last spot. Just in case...

There not in any particular order lol... Just wrote them down as i thought of them.
  • Helice
    Options
    @ LisaCFSF

Wow.
    And i like the idea of seeing Mayan temples. Definitely adding that on there now..

I did have my belly pierced at one point, i did it myself..
    which was fine, but i didnt do it deep anoth and one day i sat up and it flew out of my belly..
    So i want to get it done profesionally one day.. I just want to get in shape though before i have it done..

Theres loads more tattoos i wanna get than just "made in England" across the bottom of my foot.
    The main reason thats on there is because its suppose to be the most painful place to get a tattoo.
    So if i do get it done i know in all of my friends eyes it will be a MASSIVE achievement..

Also want to get the pentacle tattooed on my bum.. Originally wanted it branded / burnt on but then i thought it would just blister and look a little scabby...
    Also want my fiances name tattooed either across my heart or my pelvis.
    And i saw this tattoo where this girl had a little heart put on the tip of her index finger.. Looked really cute so im considering that!
    Still a tattoo virgin so im a little bit scared.. lol.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ooo, I'd love to learn piano! I play violin and flute but piano seems so convinient :P
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    - Go to Italy and France.
    - Lose 100 kilograms.
    - Bone Seth MacFarlane.
    - Get a Cane Corso.
    - Get a 1979 Trans-Am.
    - Go to Sparta.
    - Fall in love with someone. Preferably someone that will let me name babies what I like and/or likes the names I am set on.
    - Have said babies.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have climbed a volcano. (Mt. Fuji)
    I have been to 4 contenants.
    I have been to 14 countries.
    I gave birth in Japan.
    I lost over 100 pounds in 8 months.
    I have been in the Navy for 6 years.
    I did a Pacific Deployment.
    I was a part of the coolest Superbowl party ever. (In the Hangarbay of the USS Harry S. Truman CVN-75. We had the Green Bay Packers cheerleaders and the New England Patriots players flown out to our carrier for the occasion.)
    I lived through the 9.0 Earthquake and Tsunami Tragedy here in Japan.

....and that's just off the top of my head right now. I really don't know that I could or SHOULD want for anything.
  • cband
    cband Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've had a bucket list since I was 16 xD It's huge..but heres a few.

1. Skydive (I'm doin this soon!)
    2. Catch a fish with my hands.
    3. Go to England.
    4. Ride a unicycle.
    5. Go in a hot air balloon.

Here's some I did:
    1. Go to NYC for New Years Eve.
    2. Go rock repelling.
    3. Join the fire dept (and climb the ladder truck)
    4. Get a puppy
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    Ones I've done so far:

-Climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge

-Camped under the stars and watched sunset/sunrise at Uluru

-Learnt to Scuba dive

-Been on a hot air balloon ride

-Visited Japan

Still to do...

-See the Northern Lights

-Become a black belt in taekwondo

-Learn to play an instrument again

-Sing in a choir

-Travel round Egypt

-Learn to ride a bike

-Spend a holiday somewhere in the south pacific

-Learn another language
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    grow old with my hubby

I looking forward to this too :love:

Do you know her husband ?
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    - Get a tattoo on the bottom of my foot saying "made in England".
    love it!
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @ LisaCFSF

Wow.
    And i like the idea of seeing Mayan temples. Definitely adding that on there now..

which was fine, but i didnt do it deep anoth and one day i sat up and it flew out of my belly..
    So i want to get it done profesionally one day.. I just want to get in shape though before i have it done..

Theres loads more tattoos i wanna get than just "made in England" across the bottom of my foot.
    The main reason thats on there is because its suppose to be the most painful place to get a tattoo.
    So if i do get it done i know in all of my friends eyes it will be a MASSIVE achievement..

Also want to get the pentacle tattooed on my bum.. Originally wanted it branded / burnt on but then i thought it would just blister and look a little scabby...
    And i saw this tattoo where this girl had a little heart put on the tip of her index finger.. Looked really cute so im considering that!

You've got pretty brave ambitions to be a tattoo virgin! : ) I have to choose placement well for discretion at work & occl other places, ie the people who can see mine are either good friends (depends on what I'm wearing) or greater...

As for the fiancee's name, I personally (not to influence your decision) have a superstitious fear of tattooing a spouse/love's name; afraid that something will inevitably go wrong if I did & I would be stuck with it forever... Kids, parents, in memory of someone, etc I'm not superstitious about-they will ALWAYS be the same ; )

The ruins were great! I also want to see Stonehenge...

Pierced my own ears bf, but had the belly button done.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    @tubbytabbytales

There were people drilling for gas in russia, and they discovered a pocket of methane.
    One of the workers lit it in the hope that the gas would like drain out of the whole faster..
    But instead its now been on fire for 35 years or something like that..
    Its nothing too special, i just thought it would be nice to see!

That sounds interesting!

it's a little like Centralia! http://www.offroaders.com/album/centralia/centralia.htm
  • Helice
    Options
    I have climbed a volcano. (Mt. Fuji)
    I have been to 4 contenants.
    I have been to 14 countries.
    I gave birth in Japan.
    I lost over 100 pounds in 8 months.
    I have been in the Navy for 6 years.
    I did a Pacific Deployment.
    I was a part of the coolest Superbowl party ever. (In the Hangarbay of the USS Harry S. Truman CVN-75. We had the Green Bay Packers cheerleaders and the New England Patriots players flown out to our carrier for the occasion.)
    I lived through the 9.0 Earthquake and Tsunami Tragedy here in Japan.

....and that's just off the top of my head right now. I really don't know that I could or SHOULD want for anything.

wow looks like youv had an amazing life so far. Youv experienced most things good and bad!
    I feel like i shoudl give u a reward lol. WTG ^-^
  • Helice
    Options
    @ LisaCFSF

Wow.

You've got pretty brave ambitions to be a tattoo virgin! : ) I have to choose placement well for discretion at work & occl other places, ie the people who can see mine are either good friends (depends on what I'm wearing) or greater...

As for the fiancee's name, I personally (not to influence your decision) have a superstitious fear of tattooing a spouse/love's name; afraid that something will inevitably go wrong if I did & I would be stuck with it forever... Kids, parents, in memory of someone, etc I'm not superstitious about-they will ALWAYS be the same ; )

The ruins were great! I also want to see Stonehenge...

Pierced my own ears bf, but had the belly button done.

I was thinking about that..
    So i though know one will see the one on the bottom of my foot unless i percifically show them..
    and pete said i should get his name done in maybe kanji. Or the wiccan alphabet, that way it will mean more to me!
    .. and no one but people who know the script will understand it!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Some more that came to mind (and more specific parts of traveling):

- See as much of Italy as possible. Especially Ishca (small island off of Naples where my grandmother grew up).
    - Visit Amsterdam
    - Visit Tokyo (once this nuclear meltdown thing clears up)
    - See some Premiere League games in person
    - Attend a World Cup with my friends Joseph and Mauricio
    - Run in the Boston, New York, London, and Berlin Marathon
    - finally learn to ride a bike
    - do an Olympic Distance Triathalon
    - maybe even an Ironman
    - Have my own little *kitten* who will grow up to resent me
  • Helice
    Options
    - Have my own little *kitten* who will grow up to resent me

i like this one!
    as much as i hate kids. and am terrified of child birth.
    and refuse to have a child unless i know i can get a seserian and have a boob job to fix the effects of lactating..

but if i dont have a child il really regret it, i dont know if its an animal instinct.
    but i feel the need to pass on my geans and my knowledge.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    @tubbytabbytales

There were people drilling for gas in russia, and they discovered a pocket of methane.
    One of the workers lit it in the hope that the gas would like drain out of the whole faster..
    But instead its now been on fire for 35 years or something like that..
    Its nothing too special, i just thought it would be nice to see!

That sounds interesting!

it's a little like Centralia! http://www.offroaders.com/album/centralia/centralia.htm

Or like Silent Hill :tongue:
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'd like to go to Italy before I die.
  • Jodi_O
    Jodi_O Posts: 32
    Options
    Live a long and healthy life, then die peacefully in my sleep.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i love this. i had a list of things to do before i turned 30---now i'm pushing for 40...My doctor(s) burst some of my bubbles as i was given strict orders--no tats or piercings, can't have any more babies, and can't do anything that might make me bleed lots. That eliminated a few. I'm determined to live my life the way i want but i'm just cautious and take note of the closest hospital!

*be a great mom-if my daughter can make it to 18 without being addicted to drugs, pregnant or have a criminal record and finishes high school=job well done!!
    *get my bike license
    *buy a bike
    *learn to drive stick (i know, pathetic)
    *buy a house
    *learn to surf
    *Visit Australia
    *run my hands thru Bon Jovi's hair
    *fall in love with somebody who loves me back

Always said if a Doctor told me i only had xx days to live i would eat my way thru America. Road trip and eat at all my fav restaurants across the country.