This is me now at 24st 1lb I hate myself

Options

Replies

• ErikaHope203
    ErikaHope203 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I so much admire your determination and it's so great to hear how happy you feel about your amazing loss so far! Keep going and be proud of what you've done :) Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • jrobertson290365
    jrobertson290365 Posts: 81 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You are doing awesome. 23 pounds is a great start and you will go the distance. When I first started I weighed 283 pounds at 5'5" I was almost as round as tall. I now weigh 192. When I first started everything hurt. I couldn't really exercise either. So I got up and started cleaning. I would set the timer for 15 minutes and I would move the whole time. I wouldn't sit down until the timer went off. Eventually I made it to 30 minutes and then an hour.

I got to where I was able to do the walk at home video's on youtube. They have them from 14 minutes to 45. Another thing that a lady suggested in a group I'm in on Facebook is just walking in place. Start while watching a show you like. Get up and walk in place during the commercial breaks. Depending on how long of a show thats on it can equal to 7-15 minutes walking.

This is a great group I joined when I joined mfp.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115768-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

Thank you Louann, I've just joined the group that you mentioned
  • zgdijeta
    zgdijeta Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I lost more than 171 pounds so far and know that it can be done. For me the important thing was realising that no crazy diets will work, because they got me to where I was. The only thing I am doing is getting more calories out than bringing in and I eat everything. I mean everything - when I want chocolate, I just have it, cake - I have it .... Also if I go crazy one day and eat way too much, and it is bound to happen at some point the next day I just move on and keep on eating at deficit. The important thing is to be precisely logging it, try to get some walks in accordance with your fitness and know that the only thing that will get you to your goal is to keep on doing that for the rest of your life. It worked for me and it will for you. Feel free to add me, would like to support you and everyone that needs some encouragement :-)
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    fposte2016 wrote: »
    Bump -- jrobertson how are you doing?

Hey Fposte, I weighed myself today and now down to 22st 13lbs which is 310lbs so doing the happy dance as I've now lost 1st 9lbs which is 23lbs in 8 weeks :):):):) and thank you everyone else for all your wonderful support, your all fantastic

Yes!!!! I am so ecstatic for you! You are a rock star!!! Knowing you are keeping at it inspires me to stay tough too.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know, I started in Jan 2013 @ 376# and 65 yo. Now weigh 233 and still losing at age 68!

The most important thing was after I lost 100 pounds my WW Mtg Ldr told me "Now don't quit!"

I have kept going and have lost 143#
    You can do this!
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thank you Scotslass78,

I don't think I could've done it without everyone on MFP's support

I'm the same, if I didn't have the support here I would have given up. My husband is so supportive, I am so lucky, but having the support of people doing the same thing really makes a difference.

You're doing amazing, keep up the good work :)

• ballyshea
    ballyshea Posts: 187 Member
    Options

How are you doing?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    ballyshea wrote: »

How are you doing?

Hi there, Thanks for asking I'm still here and still losing weight, I'm now down to 22st 4lbs which is 313.60lbs

Great job sticking with it and staying on the MFP forums. Don't give up and you will keep losing!

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    You have not far to go before you get into the 200's.
    :)
  • strongkater
    strongkater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hating yourself only gets you down. I know from experience. Try coming up with a small catchphrase you can repeat when you catch yourself with negative self talk. I use "By me, for me, about me." You need to use something that resonates with you. "I'm strong inside and out" or "Every choice is a new one. Choose stronger." even say "you got this".

Then go do one positive thing for yourself... prep some veggies, go for a short walk, if you're working stop and do some streches.

Try thinking about the amazing things your body can do even if they're small things now.
  • Tea_A_Holic
    Tea_A_Holic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well done on your fantastic weight loss, you CAN do it and you are already proving that to yourself. I was over 21 stone and lost, got down to just under 16 stone, stupid me took my eye off the ball and went back up to 17st 1lb, but it IS coming off :D so keep on going and learn by your earlier mistakes so you don't go there again like I did.
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Keep up the walking- do your amount every day and you will see your endurance slowly build. As you get stronger and lose you will probably see improvements in the back issues too (I did). It will also start to activate those endorphins and maybe that will turn around some negative talk. Even if you're doing slow laps in the living room- keep it up. Step by step you'll get there !!
  • camy4dfied
    camy4dfied Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try lifting weights or little things like increasing your water intake. Cardio isn't tthe only form of exercise to get you going. Be proud of yourself and I hope you start to feel better soon!
  • sarahbeams
    sarahbeams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is a photo of me at 24st 1lb, I'm not looking for sympathy or pity as I know I got myself into this mess but I really hate myself and the way I look, but hopefully this photo will motivate me to lose more weight as i've lost 7lb in 2 weeks. 8b4ri9kp1yet.jpg

Start telling yourself "I'm Worth It)...every morning...get up....take a deep breath and start with something you'll change for that day.I would start by positive thinking...I figure if you (hate) something you won't be to motivated to do anything for It or in this case for yourself. We tend to act out according to our EMOTIONS that we feel at that moment..so be cautious because our moods tend to change throughout the day..another simple change may be to drink a cup of water in the morning and every hour after that..just wanna help!!! Feel free to add me
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    sarahbeams wrote: »
    This is a photo of me at 24st 1lb, I'm not looking for sympathy or pity as I know I got myself into this mess but I really hate myself and the way I look, but hopefully this photo will motivate me to lose more weight as i've lost 7lb in 2 weeks. 8b4ri9kp1yet.jpg

Start telling yourself "I'm Worth It)...every morning...get up....take a deep breath and start with something you'll change for that day.I would start by positive thinking...I figure if you (hate) something you won't be to motivated to do anything for It or in this case for yourself. We tend to act out according to our EMOTIONS that we feel at that moment..so be cautious because our moods tend to change throughout the day..another simple change may be to drink a cup of water in the morning and every hour after that..just wanna help!!! Feel free to add me

Thanks Sarah, since that photo was taken I have lost 32lbs but unfortunately my weight seems to fluctuate between 22st 5lb and 22st 11lb which I don't get as i'm practically doing myself harm by overdoing the exercise to the point I can barely walk the next day.

The photo's below are just taken today as a comparison.

33duss0.jpg
    1t3acm.jpg

You know what though, your eyes are brighter, you look happier and that is a major positive step. As we are friends I know how far you have come and how much you are pushing yourself.
    Keep going as you are and have some patience Your journey has only just begun and you will get there
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I think you are INCREDIBLE! You totally have this in hand, and you can do it - you've taken the hardest step already.
  • jrobertson290365
    Options

33duss0.jpg
    1t3acm.jpg

You know what though, your eyes are brighter, you look happier and that is a major positive step. As we are friends I know how far you have come and how much you are pushing yourself.
    Keep going as you are and have some patience Your journey has only just begun and you will get there

That is so nice of you to say Dutch, I've noticed in myself that my eyes are different than I 1st started on this journey and yep my Daughter made me smile for my photo today as I never smile in photos LOL
  • jrobertson290365
    Options

Thanks Sarah, since that photo was taken I have lost 32lbs but unfortunately my weight seems to fluctuate between 22st 5lb and 22st 11lb which I don't get as i'm practically doing myself harm by overdoing the exercise to the point I can barely walk the next day.

33duss0.jpg
    1t3acm.jpg

That is so nice of you to say Dutch, I've noticed in myself that my eyes are different than I 1st started on this journey and yep my Daughter made me smile for my photo today as I never smile in photos LOL