Im 50 and need some tips...

Options
2»

Replies

• mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    is it true that nutrasweet can make you gain weight? what about diet coke or diet pepsi?
    My understanding is that artificial sweeteners can actually increase your cravings for sweets, or unhealthy carbs. That is what can cause the weight gain, not the sweeteners themselves. Personally, I have not found that to be so, but I do try to limit the amount of foods/beverages that contain artificial sweeteners, I don't think they are necessarily bad, just not all that good.

Splenda is a better sugar alternative, as is Stevia.
  • ditzee
    ditzee Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome, I started MFP not long ago and have lost 10 lbs. I eat weird but that's okay it works for me. I have tried probably every diet and product out there and nothing ever worked. A friend recommended this site and I am glad I joined. This is the best place to be! You are not the only one in this predicament everyone is in the same boat. MFP gives you encouragement motivation and help! I track my food and exercise so it makes me accountable. If I slip up tomorrow is another day! Best thing this is not a race is a change in life style..... As far as the diet sodas they all have aspartamine (sp) in them which makes you hungry. I stopped drinking soda's over 9 years ago and lost some weight but as we age and menopause sets in everything goes south and we turn into apple bottoms! Me for one has decided I am going to be the exception (I am 59)! We can do this together. You are welcome to friend me........Keep your head up and join us you will be so amazed!
  • Maura5
    Maura5 Posts: 30
    Options
    GREAT advice from everyone :-) The comraderie you get on here is so helpful, Even tho we don't 'know' each other, we seem to be sharing the same experience.It helps to know you're not ALONE. Let's be MFP pals?
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 - it's never to late to start exercising.I run, swim and cycle, and dont forget that housework and shopping burn cals too! My house is so much cleaner since I started on MFP!
    I'll send a friend request - lots of support makes it easier too!
    Lindsay
  • Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am over 50 and until a ,onto ago was a couch potato. Thought I was doing good if I walked 10 minutes per day. Have received a lot of encouragement and motivation from MFP. By tracking what I eat, I was amazed at how much I actually ate. This has been great for making me aware of my food choices. Welcome,
  • carriebonner
    Options
    Everyone is truly awesome !!! The support on here is amazing and is helping me to get snd stay on track !! If we are not friends yet. please friend me !!!