• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    lin7604 wrote: »
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    Ok first off yes I have been hypo thyroid for 18 years! Yes I am medicated but no my numbers are never fine! I have gone through 5-6 doctors and it has made no difference, even 2 endo dr's! I had blood work done in march and never got a call! I was beyond exhausted with all classic symptoms! I called and asked and they said well it's ok nothing to worry about. I asked them for the numbers. I was pooling. Yes my tsh was still in the normal zone but high for me , my t3 and t4 were wY out if whack! How is that fine? Normal? I then asked to see a new endo dr. I seen her in August and all she did was bump my meds up and said well re test late oct and see if your tsh is optimal. So I went Monday for the blood work. Since my upped dose I have gained another 7 lbs! I'm 2 month! With eating healthy and exercising!

The last time my dose was upped it wS night and day. The weight started to slide off and I felt like a million bucks! Not this time! Believe me it's not a excuse! I never had it easy last time when I lost my weight, it took 1.5 years to lose 20 lbs! It was hard, but I did it but only because I finally was optimal! That only lasted a year, since then my numbers are not where I like them to be and the weight creeps on no matter what I do! I know what I did last time to lose it and doing it again but it doesn't matter at all if it's all thyroid related!

if your numbers are never "fine" then your dosage is still incorrect. it does take some time to find the optimal dose and even then requires constant monitoring through bloodwork. i hate to say it, but you need to find a better endocrinologist.

also - i had an experience where my PCP wrote me the generic for synthroid and did not tell me the correct way to take my meds. when i started with my current endocrinologist, she put me on the brand name (makes a difference for some). simply taking the synthroid correctly made a difference - take upon waking on an empty stomach, no food or caffeine for 1 hour of taking, do not take any other medication you may take at the same time (i.e. i take meds for anxiety and take them an hour later), no vitamins for X hours within taking (forget the actual number, but i usually wait til 2PM, i take my synthroid at 6AM - which i know is longer than the suggested). i'm actually on a lower dose now than i was when i first started seeing my new doctor.

Yes I always take them at 7 am every day! Don't eat till after 8 and I don't take any other supplements till evening. I have tried to get new drs as I said I've been to 6 and 2 endo's. All must of came from the same school and graduated at the same time as I get the same response from all of them! It was when I went to a quick care clinic to get my b12 shot that she started telling me stuff as she deals with the same. I demanded another endo like she suggested and I wS brushed off st my appt ! I was in and out in less then 10 min! All of them just go by tsh and don't look at t3 or t4. The quick care dr noticed my t3 and t4 too bad she can't help me! She's the only one who knew anything. All they can do is recommend u to go to your family dr. Which mine now retired in June! So I have no one but this new endo !

i'm sorry that you're dealing with that - i understand how frustrating it can be. maybe you can get a recommendation from a friend or do some research online to find a better doctor? i found my current endo through a friend who works for a hospital doing admin work.

This new dr that I saw in aug was recommended to me by many and is supposedly one of the best in our city! I've done lots of research and apparently my city is one of the worst for finding a good dr in general never mind one that specializes. Most treat themselves, which scares me! So kinda out of luck I'm Canadian. So it's either people go to the states and pay for the help, get a lab kit online and send it to the states and then most buy meds online and self treat. None of that is feasible to me
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    As far as your questions, not to be rude but what does my height and weight body fat, etc have to do with anything?
    If you want advice then that is the sort of information I start with to get an idea of what your diet and exercise program would be like for a "normal" person. I would work from there.

Good luck.
  • lin7604
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    As far as your questions, not to be rude but what does my height and weight body fat, etc have to do with anything?
    If you want advice then that is the sort of information I start with to get an idea of what your diet and exercise program would be like for a "normal" person. I would work from there.

Good luck.

I was looking for suggestion that maybe other people that struggle with thyroid issues might of tried and worked or made a difference. Only ones who struggle with it will ever know and understand! Some have it easy and get medicated and all is good, others like myself never seem to get better or find a dose that works etc. There are lots of us like that and it's those people that I hoped to hear from.

I exercise 30 min ( mix of cardio and weights) a day 5 days a week and eat pretty good. For a normal person they would have no problem losing or maintaining wirh what I do but I'm gaining.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    What are your macros at? How many calories do you eat in a day? A week?
    I cannot see your food log. Are you logging consistently?

What is your height, weight, and body fat? Age?
    How much weight training do you do in a week? What program?
    How much cardio do you do? What type?
    How many weeks are you on a program before you "try something else" or "fall off the wagon"?

*edit: just saw you said my numbers are never fine...

As far as your questions, not to be rude but what does my height and weight body fat, etc have to do with anything? The fact is I'm not happy and have gained weight....17 lbs in a year and a half! Gained 1/2 of what I lost back. Which took me 2 years to lose! The fact I'm doing everything I did before and know what I need to do to lose it and I'm not and just gaining more.....,
    The fact that I have done this before I should have a good idea on what to do and how to do it... I know what my calorie brackets are to lose, maintain and gain. I know what my macros should be etc. I had them professionally done before.
    I don't drink pop, don't drink in general. I hardly ever eat snack food like chips etc. I drink my shake every day, I eat eggs, cheese and yogurt every day to get my protein level up, even add extra powder to my yogurt if I need to. I don't eat a lot of bread and rice maybe once or twice a week and it's measured etc.
    Yes I will admit I don't get enough water in and I am trying hard to drink more daily but that's not going to make a huge difference with my weigh loss. Especially because it's my thyroid that is stopping me from losing!

What you eat is irrelevant when it comes to weight loss. This is simply how much you are eating. If you are gaining (as you state 7lbs/2 months) that comes to about 1lb/week so you are eating roughly 500 cals/day more than your maintenance level.

Water is not going to make any difference in weight loss other than help you feeling satiated. Your thyroid is not stopping you from losing. You are eating too much.
  • lin7604
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »

How many weeks are you on a program before you "try something else" or "fall off the wagon"?

As far as your questions, not to be rude but what does my height and weight body fat, etc have to do with anything? The fact is I'm not happy and have gained weight....17 lbs in a year and a half! Gained 1/2 of what I lost back. Which took me 2 years to lose! The fact I'm doing everything I did before and know what I need to do to lose it and I'm not and just gaining more.....,
    The fact that I have done this before I should have a good idea on what to do and how to do it... I know what my calorie brackets are to lose, maintain and gain. I know what my macros should be etc. I had them professionally done before.
    I don't drink pop, don't drink in general. I hardly ever eat snack food like chips etc. I drink my shake every day, I eat eggs, cheese and yogurt every day to get my protein level up, even add extra powder to my yogurt if I need to. I don't eat a lot of bread and rice maybe once or twice a week and it's measured etc.
    Yes I will admit I don't get enough water in and I am trying hard to drink more daily but that's not going to make a huge difference with my weigh loss. Especially because it's my thyroid that is stopping me from losing!

What you eat is irrelevant when it comes to weight loss. This is simply how much you are eating. If you are gaining (as you state 7lbs/2 months) that comes to about 1lb/week so you are eating roughly 500 cals/day more than your maintenance level.

Water is not going to make any difference in weight loss other than help you feeling satiated. Your thyroid is not stopping you from losing. You are eating too much.

I'm not! I can eat under 1200 cals and still gain when my thyroid is out of whack! I know my numbers, had them done professionally. Have lost weight before and know what worked! I'm not eating over 1600 cals! For me 14-1500 is a good point to lose and that's where I try to stay, never ever over 1600. For me maintance is 17-1800 and to gain is over 1900 and I am not eating that much!!! I've been doing lots of reading and found a lot of people saying they have gained on Levo as well when their dose changed! So I'm not alone Plus if my numbers are not optimal I'm not going to lose like a normal person! Only people that struggle with thyroid issues will ever understand. In 18 years Ive only been optimal once and it only lasted 1 year! I always try to get my numbers correct but they just never seem to fall into place? So please don't try to excuse things that I'm eating too much when in fact I know I'm not!

• CSARdiver
    Options

I'm not! I can eat under 1200 cals and still gain when my thyroid is out of whack! I know my numbers, had them done professionally. Have lost weight before and know what worked! I'm not eating over 1600 cals! For me 14-1500 is a good point to lose and that's where I try to stay, never ever over 1600. For me maintance is 17-1800 and to gain is over 1900 and I am not eating that much!!! I've been doing lots of reading and found a lot of people saying they have gained on Levo as well when their dose changed! So I'm not alone Plus if my numbers are not optimal I'm not going to lose like a normal person! Only people that struggle with thyroid issues will ever understand. In 18 years Ive only been optimal once and it only lasted 1 year! I always try to get my numbers correct but they just never seem to fall into place? So please don't try to excuse things that I'm eating too much when in fact I know I'm not!

I'm hypothyroid and have lost 60lbs.

There are several elite level athletes with thyroid disorders including Gillian Michaels. You want to know why they are successful? Because they don't make excuses.

You are cherry picking unverified statements of people who are eating more than maintenance calories and gaining weight. This has nothing to do with a thyroid disorder and everything to do with your caloric intake.
  • lin7604
    Options

There are several elite level athletes with thyroid disorders including Gillian Michaels. You want to know why they are successful? Because they don't make excuses.

You are cherry picking unverified statements of people who are eating more than maintenance calories and gaining weight. This has nothing to do with a thyroid disorder and everything to do with your caloric intake.

And as I've said 1400 cals is not over eating!!!! Even if one day I creep up to 1500 it's nowhere enough that I would gain weight!!!!

• CSARdiver
    Options

And as I've said 1400 cals is not over eating!!!! Even if one day I creep up to 1500 it's nowhere enough that I would gain weight!!!!

Care to open up your diary? Let's have a look.

It is very difficult to estimate caloric intake, which is why many professional nutritionists discard this for the lay population. Even nutritional labeling carries an inherent 20% margin of error.

CI>CO = Weight Gain
    CI<CO = Weight Loss
  • lin7604
    Options
    I don't log on here. I created my own journal to log. As I have everything here on mfp that I eat in my logs already. I weight /measure my portion, I have all portions written out as I tend to be very repeatative with what I eat, so several days are the same. So when I plan my day I go vs k on here in my diary and grab numbers and write them down.
  • lin7604
    Options
    Thx. Yes I do. I take them at 7 am on their own and don't eat for min 1 hr after. Any other supplements I take at night.

I got my labs back today and high t3 so not sure what the dr will say till she gets back to me maybe tomorrow.
    As for carbs I don't eat bread, ( very rare) and don't do take out very often. I'm glad I live out of the city and have nothing near me. No delivery etc. so I rarely eat out unless we go to the city in a weekend for the day. I work from home so I don't do pit stops etc in the way to work...,

I'm trying to stay positive and keep eating well and exercising but when u try so hard And see no positive charge it's discouraging to say the least but I'll keep at it
  • verity434
    verity434 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I looked at the community section of mfp in the hope of finding inspiration. I used to use this app with my best friend until she got diagnosed with leukaemia. Then, obviously, weight loss was no longer a priority. Since she left us in the summer I lost my way health wise and have gained weight due to making bad choices. I didn't feel I had any support to give, I thought I would be just taking until I saw this feed:
    I was an undiagnosed hypothyroidism sufferer. I was exercising like mad:hiit, running (up to 12 miles), T25 and step- 6 days a week. I craved carbs and wasn't getting enough sleep with two young rugrats and a business to run.
    Shortness of breath and exhaustion led me to a nurse practitioner and a blood test after being told by my GP I couldn't possibly be anaemic so was diagnosed mild asthmatic(!). My Hb was 8 and my thyroid bloods flagged a problem. I'd just undertaken a 12k obstacle course the previous week and was cross with myself as I knew I should have been faster.
    I was told to halt all exercise at that point. All I could do was wonder how much faster my parkrun could get if I wasn't anaemic!
    Later I was to realise I had 'brain fog' (very technical), I was getting more unwell and ignoring all my symptoms without realising, putting everything down to my hectic lifestyle. I had put pressure on my heart and cardiology were concerned I was in the first stage of heart failure at 40.
    Getting on top of my thyroid levels didn't right things immediately. I think it took a while for my body to catch up. After nearly a year of being on thyroxine and what felt like a trillion web searches I stumbled upon an author who stated that eating a gluten free diet can reduce hypothyroid symptoms, explaining that the blood-brain barrier was influenced by gluten in the same way the blood-gut barrier was. Within three days of going gluten free I was less exhausted (my eyes would normally be trying to shut during basic tasks and some days I couldn't drive because of it), I felt less 'heavy' and I started to feel somewhat normal again.
    Now I know that maybe I have a wheat intolerance alongside a thyroid problem but from what I've read there are links, some suggesting that gluten can be a causal factor of autoimmune problems in the first place, (Just putting it out there, not needing to be challenged, as it's only from what I've read).
    My weight loss became easier and up until this spring I've stayed on top of things with minimal exercise due to my cardiac issues being still under investigation.
    The line that eating less calories than you burn is the simple answer to weight loss is something I would have sworn to be an obvious truth but I am now of the opinion that not all calories are equal. If I'm eating healthily I can eat more calories and not gain weight than if I eat unhealthy foods. A couple of unhealthy days can bloat me and shift the scales by 6lbs easily which may not sound believable but I do believe that a thyroid problem can leave you more susceptible to erratic weight surges dependent on the type of foods you are eating.
    So, my suggestions would be: check all the things the other guys are advising, correct logging etc but if you find no obvious issue with how you're managing things, get you Hb checked as my carb intake lowered once I increased my Hb to within normal limits. (It is written that the chemical reaction caused if gluten intolerant gives your body a kind of 'high' so your body unwittingly craves that high and you find yourself eating the foods that are actually causing the problem).
    Try a gluten free diet, needs a bit of research and can be a pain at times but the results were definitely worth it for me and I've stuck to it for 15 months now.
    And consider what 'type'of calories you are consuming, as with the condition you have, you may be scuppering your hard work through just a couple of negative choices, e.g. Sugar has been linked to exacerbating thyroid issues.
    I also used a supplement called Glucobalance which helped me kick start my healthy eating. It helps balance glucose levels so leaves you able to eat carbs without it triggering a craving for more.(you'd need to check that you are a suitable candidate for taking them, not everyone is, especially if diabetic).
    Sorry if too much typing but I know how it can feel when you're struggling with no obvious reason why. I've gained 8lbs since spring but through terrible food choices, seeing it as comfort eating but ironically getting very little comfort from it. I know that if I make healthy choices and watch my sugar intake, being gluten free has changed how my body manages weight loss.
    Don't give up! Hope this helps x
  • lin7604
    Options
    verity434 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I looked at the community section of mfp in the hope of finding inspiration. I used to use this app with my best friend until she got diagnosed with leukaemia. Then, obviously, weight loss was no longer a priority. Since she left us in the summer I lost my way health wise and have gained weight due to making bad choices. I didn't feel I had any support to give, I thought I would be just taking until I saw this feed:
    I was an undiagnosed hypothyroidism sufferer. I was exercising like mad:hiit, running (up to 12 miles), T25 and step- 6 days a week. I craved carbs and wasn't getting enough sleep with two young rugrats and a business to run.
    Shortness of breath and exhaustion led me to a nurse practitioner and a blood test after being told by my GP I couldn't possibly be anaemic so was diagnosed mild asthmatic(!). My Hb was 8 and my thyroid bloods flagged a problem. I'd just undertaken a 12k obstacle course the previous week and was cross with myself as I knew I should have been faster.
    I was told to halt all exercise at that point. All I could do was wonder how much faster my parkrun could get if I wasn't anaemic!
    Later I was to realise I had 'brain fog' (very technical), I was getting more unwell and ignoring all my symptoms without realising, putting everything down to my hectic lifestyle. I had put pressure on my heart and cardiology were concerned I was in the first stage of heart failure at 40.
    Getting on top of my thyroid levels didn't right things immediately. I think it took a while for my body to catch up. After nearly a year of being on thyroxine and what felt like a trillion web searches I stumbled upon an author who stated that eating a gluten free diet can reduce hypothyroid symptoms, explaining that the blood-brain barrier was influenced by gluten in the same way the blood-gut barrier was. Within three days of going gluten free I was less exhausted (my eyes would normally be trying to shut during basic tasks and some days I couldn't drive because of it), I felt less 'heavy' and I started to feel somewhat normal again.
    Now I know that maybe I have a wheat intolerance alongside a thyroid problem but from what I've read there are links, some suggesting that gluten can be a causal factor of autoimmune problems in the first place, (Just putting it out there, not needing to be challenged, as it's only from what I've read).
    My weight loss became easier and up until this spring I've stayed on top of things with minimal exercise due to my cardiac issues being still under investigation.
    The line that eating less calories than you burn is the simple answer to weight loss is something I would have sworn to be an obvious truth but I am now of the opinion that not all calories are equal. If I'm eating healthily I can eat more calories and not gain weight than if I eat unhealthy foods. A couple of unhealthy days can bloat me and shift the scales by 6lbs easily which may not sound believable but I do believe that a thyroid problem can leave you more susceptible to erratic weight surges dependent on the type of foods you are eating.
    So, my suggestions would be: check all the things the other guys are advising, correct logging etc but if you find no obvious issue with how you're managing things, get you Hb checked as my carb intake lowered once I increased my Hb to within normal limits. (It is written that the chemical reaction caused if gluten intolerant gives your body a kind of 'high' so your body unwittingly craves that high and you find yourself eating the foods that are actually causing the problem).
    Try a gluten free diet, needs a bit of research and can be a pain at times but the results were definitely worth it for me and I've stuck to it for 15 months now.
    And consider what 'type'of calories you are consuming, as with the condition you have, you may be scuppering your hard work through just a couple of negative choices, e.g. Sugar has been linked to exacerbating thyroid issues.
    I also used a supplement called Glucobalance which helped me kick start my healthy eating. It helps balance glucose levels so leaves you able to eat carbs without it triggering a craving for more.(you'd need to check that you are a suitable candidate for taking them, not everyone is, especially if diabetic).
    Sorry if too much typing but I know how it can feel when you're struggling with no obvious reason why. I've gained 8lbs since spring but through terrible food choices, seeing it as comfort eating but ironically getting very little comfort from it. I know that if I make healthy choices and watch my sugar intake, being gluten free has changed how my body manages weight loss.
    Don't give up! Hope this helps x
    Thx. I have to say I pretty much am gluten free, my son is celiac ( I was tested too and don't have it) do we eat gluten free in our house 100%! My food choices are healthy ones. Eggs, cheese, tuna, rice crackers if I eat any, chicken, sometimes potatoes or rice. Tomatoes, avacadoes, celery, carrots, etc. once or twice month I'll make homemade granola bar or a oatmeal bake. I do like oatmeal, cream of wheat or red river cereal. Go through phases with eating those. I drink a shake every morning and that's the most of my food choices that I can think of. I treat myself once a week to pizza! That's the most for take out fast food, half the time I make the pizza at home! I make homemade soups especially in the winter and eat that at lunch.

• mommy404
    mommy404 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your struggles. There is a lot of research going on regarding the relationship between thyroid issues and gluten. My personal experience was very similar to verity 434. Until I eliminated gluten from my diet I was unable to loose any weight and the weight swings were brutal. It is also important to point out that dairy and gluten intolerance also have a connection and that dairy should not be ingested 3 hours after taking synthroid. It is hopeful that once they adjust your t3 levels that you may find the success you are hoping for. I have heard that dessicated thyroid meds work better for many and synthroid often needs a t3 supplement. As a fellow Canadian those are really the only choices and most drs hate dessicated thyroid meds. I wish you success and hopefully this doctor will be able to get your numbers to where they need to be.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Wow - this forum can be toxic.

Unless you're an endocrinologist looking at a specific person's holistic health and wellbeing, including but not limited to their biochemistry you are really WAY out of your depth in regards to commenting on whether thyroid disfunction is contributing to a slowed metabolism and subsequent weight gain.

OP - I'm so sorry you have had so many rude replies.

I have mild hypothyroidism secondary to lithium use. Both have contributed to me gaining weight and made it far more difficult to lose.

Feel free to add me.

• lin7604
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    Wow - this forum can be toxic.

Unless you're an endocrinologist looking at a specific person's holistic health and wellbeing, including but not limited to their biochemistry you are really WAY out of your depth in regards to commenting on whether thyroid disfunction is contributing to a slowed metabolism and subsequent weight gain.

OP - I'm so sorry you have had so many rude replies.

I have mild hypothyroidism secondary to lithium use. Both have contributed to me gaining weight and made it far more difficult to lose.

Feel free to add me.
    thx u. It's frustrating no doubt when others don't listen. I know my body and have delt with thyroid issues for 18 years! Only those that struggle will ever understand!

• lin7604
    Options
    mommy404 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your struggles. There is a lot of research going on regarding the relationship between thyroid issues and gluten. My personal experience was very similar to verity 434. Until I eliminated gluten from my diet I was unable to loose any weight and the weight swings were brutal. It is also important to point out that dairy and gluten intolerance also have a connection and that dairy should not be ingested 3 hours after taking synthroid. It is hopeful that once they adjust your t3 levels that you may find the success you are hoping for. I have heard that dessicated thyroid meds work better for many and synthroid often needs a t3 supplement. As a fellow Canadian those are really the only choices and most drs hate dessicated thyroid meds. I wish you success and hopefully this doctor will be able to get your numbers to where they need to be.
    Thx u . I cant find a dr that will switch my meds to anything else.... here in mb it's extremely hard! My dr never returned my call last week so I guess I'll call back on Monday. Diet wise I am pretty much gf, my son is celiac so the house is gf! Dairy on the other hand I do eat as I'm not much of a meat eater and use daily for my protein needs. I guess if the 3 hr rule does apply for dairy, which I've never been informed of!!!! I'm breaking it as I drink my shake a hour later. I've been told not to eat. 1 hr after meds. Stay away from gluten and soy,
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I've been on meds for hypo since around the age of 12-14. During that time I've lost 60+ lbs, and in the past few months I am down 30 lbs again. I have found that diligent calorie tracking (and weighing my food) to be key to successful weight loss, which is generally how it goes for everyone - thyroid condition or not. If I take one day off from accurate logging and "eat whatever" I CAN screw up my entire week and cancel out any weight I would have lost. Right now I'm at 100+ days of consistent logging. Weighing everything, logging everything, and being honest with myself about my intake. The weight is coming off, and I've found it takes streaks like this to really see start seeing progress. I am also consistent in exercising 4-5 days a week, which factors in to what my intake can be as well. (Plus makes me feel better all around to be active.)
    I see you said you have a "treat yourself to pizza" day once a week. Are you logging that?
    For smaller women it can take more time and tighter logging to see changes.
  • lin7604
    Options
    Yes it gets counted in. I truly believe in all in moderation! I find in the beginning I went very strict and eliminated way too much and then it lead me to binge way more then I could handle! So for me working in these " treats" keeps me sane! I get where u r coming from with being consistent with strict logging. Last time I was trying to lose 20/30 lbs that is what I had to do to see any success. My numbers were off but I couldn't take any more weight gain. I weighted, measured and logged every morsel I put in my mouth and exercised 7 days a week! I have to say it was physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting! After 2 years I gave up! There is no way I want to live my life with that stress! It played huge mental games and I worried about everything I ate! That is no way to live! So this time around I'm not stressing as much about it do I can make it something I can live with for the rest of my life! Have to balance somewhere..... mental health is just as important! So I'm trying to eat more whole real food that are naturally low in cals but loaded with nutrition... I'm making tuna, eggs, fruit, veggies a huge staple in my diet where as before I just focused on cals on items I ate.
    As for exercise I am also doing 4-5 days of exercise. Doing befit in 90 currently!
  • spiritbrat
    spiritbrat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Are you a vegetarian? I'm only asking because you said you eat dairy for protein. I eat mostly chicken and fish. Dairy doesn't let me loose weight easily either.,I've lost 40 pounds. Yes I'm hypo as well. I understand though if you are vegetarian it's harder to get protein. Keep exercising. I go 6 or 7 days a week. I truly hope you find what works for you.
  • lin7604
    Options
    Thx u! No not anything, but picky! Lol. I'm not much of a meat fan, if I do eat any it's for dinner with the family otherwise I stick to eggs, cheese and yogurt and my shakes daily to get protein. I'll do tuna once in a while, today had salmon sandwiches... as for exercise I'm aiming for 4/5 days if I can I'll do 6/7.