Coke, Soda, Pop. HELP

Options
Okay! So, I have logged my food for 10 days now. Really to get a gist of what my daily intake is without counting. Let me tell you.....It was disgusting!!
I have a terrible addiction to Coke (the soft drink)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I used to drink a lot of fruit juice mixed with soda water, thinking that was good for me. Not so much.

I only drink coffee, tea, water and milk now. Anything else is a "special occasion" drink, and it has to be a really special occasion for me to drink my calories.
  • melmagnus
    melmagnus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try switching to sugar free sparkling water like "Ice," though any brand is fine. I buy Costco's brand. It comes in lots of flavors. Helped me kick my soda addiction. Some brands even have green tea extract for added benefits.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I love Pepsi! I was wasting 300 or more calories a day on soda so I recently switched to Pepsi max. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    One of the first things I did when I started my weight loss phase was to switch from regular coke to diet. This allowed me to still have something I enjoyed, but with zero calories. Went on to lose 50lbs and I've been in maintenance for several years now. Still drink diet soda every day :)

This^

I try not to drink my calories. It just doesn't give me the satisfaction that chewing food does. So unsweetened or diet makes no difference. The exception being those people with medical issues (migraines, etc).

10 calorie sodas are great. A little bit of regular sugar. You are less likely to notice a diet taste.

If you still want bubbles but not fake sugar, try Klarbrunn or LaCroix.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Even the diet stuff will sabotage weight loss. I love regular Pepsi. I had one today but that's a far cry from the 5-6 I used to drink. Cut down as much as you can. Think about what filling food you could have for all of those calories & drink more water. My pounds didn't start coming off until I gave up the soda
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I went from drinking at least 1 soda a day to drinking sparkling water to drinking seltzer. Transition slowly, and find substitutes you like. When I first went from soda to plain seltzer it was HORRIBLE but when I transitioned slowly, and added things like Mio to the seltzer or a little cranberry juice, I got used to the taste.

If it's the caffeine you want, try iced tea, you can start out with a sweetened tea and slowly work your way down to unsweetened.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    zamphir66 wrote: »
    Trish1c wrote: »
    Even the diet stuff will sabotage weight loss.

r7mpag7rytvh.jpg

I don't think so......

I've know thin people who drink diet soda, and I know thin people who drink regular soda too.

OP - all things in moderation.
  • fatsince4
    fatsince4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    zamphir66 wrote: »
    Trish1c wrote: »
    Even the diet stuff will sabotage weight loss.
    I drank 4-5 diet Cokes/day and was able to lose 188 pounds. It didn't sabotage or hinder me in any way.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Okay! So, I have logged my food for 10 days now. Really to get a gist of what my daily intake is without counting. Let me tell you.....It was disgusting!!
    I have a terrible addiction to Coke (the soft drink)

Do you dislike the taste of diet coke?
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I went to the gas station and got a bunch of different diet soda's, pepsi max, coke zero, diet stuff, diet rootbeer. I found i liked Coke Zero the best, so i stuck with that. I also drink a lot of iced-t or black coffee. We also get the sparkling waters, they have a bunch of great flavors.