Stomach Toning Question

Options
2»

Replies

• mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I think crunches for the upper abs and leg scissors for the lower abs would work great for you. They work for me. Also, the best ab exercise I ever did was using the ab roller. May take a little time get strong enough to do full range reps with it. You can start by only rolling out about half way and working your way up.
  • fit_caligal
    fit_caligal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Take some belly dancing classes. No pasta. Brown rice 1/4 cup daily. Lots of protein and vegetables. It's what you eat that will get you the 6 pack.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Your biggest issue is posture and a lack of muscle IMO. I would suggest strength training at maintenance level calories and working on standing up straight and tall. The latter is something you will have to be mindful of all day until you get used to it and it becomes your norm.

Pretty much this. Probably some muscle imbalances as well, but normal for this stage.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Take some belly dancing classes. No pasta. Brown rice 1/4 cup daily. Lots of protein and vegetables. It's what you eat that will get you the 6 pack.

So much bro science in this
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

no, its having low enough bodyfat and enough muscle mass...
  • ziggyboop
    ziggyboop Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Thank you for the dietary advice, but I don't really eat pastas. I do typically have brown rice over white though but not daily. I eat a lot of Korean food (and some Japanese) which calls for a lot of vegetables, protein, and spice! I'm not really desiring a six pack either. I just want my stomach to be more balanced with muscle mass than having its current high % of body fat. My money is also going to full time university classes, so belly dancing classes are out.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    ziggyboop wrote: »
    Should I start with general strength training exercises to build up my core's tolerance level? I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to do pull ups or bench presses yet.

tell the truth, if i were starting out new all over again, i'd do it the other way round. core mobilization/activation/whatever you want to call it first . . . and then approach the lifting once you're alert to how a braced abdomen feels.

i'm not saying do a month of planks first though. just do them as part of your warmup and preparation for anything else you do next. just my thoughts.