Craving for pizza?

Options
nancyng1987
nancyng1987 Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2016 in Food and Nutrition
jcp4coa7jfyz.jpg
Here's my home made pizza!

Total calories~ 262

1whole wheat bread top with 2tbsp pasta sauce, some veggies, 1/4cup skim mozzarella cheese and 2links of turkey sausage. Put it in to oven and bake it at 375 for 10mins. Enjoy thanks

Replies

• bolognese47
    bolognese47 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love pizza...gonna try this!
  • Pocket__Cthulhu
    Pocket__Cthulhu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna give the poster the benefit of the doubt and assume that's spinach, because I've never heard of a lettuce pizza. FYI, spinach and pepperoni is the boss of pizzas.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Not pizza.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I don't often get a craving for pizza, but when I do, I go for a nice long bicycle ride ... and then pick one up for dinner. :)

Similar plan to me. If I know I want pizza, I'll head out and walk for a few hours. 20k steps justifies a nice large dominos meat feast!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    When kids were small, I made it on flour tortillas. Sans greenery. "Mexican pizza." It was ok, but even then they weren't fooled.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You lost me at the lettuce. Lettuce has no place on a pizza and never will.

I love wood oven pizza with prosciutto and fresh arugula that just slightly wilts with the heat.. but definitely not for everyone some people hate it like that
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Looks mildly appetizing, my concern is if you don't immediately eat it you have a pizza bread pudding.
  • fedupfatty86
    fedupfatty86 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of naan? They sell it at Aldi and it's amazing! I prefer the garlic naan and yesterday for lunch I made a pizza on that with spinach, 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella, 1/4 cup of alfredo sauce, and 3 oz of chicken with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese after it came out of the oven. I baked it at 350 for about 15 mins and omg it was amazing. The whole pizza comes out to only 633 calories and I'm not gonna lie, I ate the whole thing. It was very satisfying
  • nikjerles3415
    nikjerles3415 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like doing crustless pizzas or cauliflower crust ...they both taste great
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Have you ever heard of naan? They sell it at Aldi and it's amazing! I prefer the garlic naan and yesterday for lunch I made a pizza on that with spinach, 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella, 1/4 cup of alfredo sauce, and 3 oz of chicken with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese after it came out of the oven. I baked it at 350 for about 15 mins and omg it was amazing. The whole pizza comes out to only 633 calories and I'm not gonna lie, I ate the whole thing. It was very satisfying

Naan is as caloric as regular pizza crust. So not exactly a good alternative. ;)

And only a 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella for the entire pizza? How non-pizzalike and sad.

I'd rather have a slice or two of really good pizza once in a while than be able to eat all of the quasi-crap I can stuff into myself every day.

Quality over quantity matters to me. :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    That in no way would help me if I want pizza.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    That would not satisfy my craving for a pizza.

On the other hand, I can make an a filling, meal-sized version of actual pizza (usually with more vegetables and lean meat and a real crust) for the same amount of calories I'd normally spend on lunch or dinner (more than 262, as I normally like to do around 500 or so, depending on the rest of the day).

If it works for you, though, excellent!

I hope you aren't trying to keep calories to 262 x 3, though (maybe a paranoid thought, but it seems quite low for a meal).