I can't stop eating!

Options
dancingstarvic
dancingstarvic Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi,

Can anybody give me any advice on how to stop eating?! Like how to take my mind off food? It sounds ridiculous but I have absolutely no self discipline whatsoever.. if I want a chocolate bar, I'm having it, even if I've just eaten three.. I don't eat because I'm hungry, I eat because I want to and food is permenantly on my mind. I'd always had a good metabolism but in the past year I've put just over a stone on and it's seriously getting me down!

Thanks in advance ☺️

Ps I'm extremely fussy so replacing the bad stuff with healthy options isn't easy!

Replies

• akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM so food is always available. What I do is scheduled snack and meal times (in my case I don't snack after breakfast, but I plan 2 in the afternoon, one after my workouts and another after my son gets home from school because all the kids are having a snack then and I like sitting down with them ). I also prelog my day sometime in the morning. I schedule out my meals and then plan my snacks around the macros I need. Once all of this is done it's just a matter of sticking to the plan. It was hard the first week or so, but is now basically routine. My weekend is totally different because my husband being home all day changes how we eat. There are no snacks on the weekends except after dinner, but the meals tend to be bigger so it evens out.
  • Okohme
    Okohme Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Can anybody give me any advice on how to stop eating?! Like how to take my mind off food? It sounds ridiculous but I have absolutely no self discipline whatsoever.. if I want a chocolate bar, I'm having it, even if I've just eaten three.. I don't eat because I'm hungry, I eat because I want to and food is permenantly on my mind. I'd always had a good metabolism but in the past year I've put just over a stone on and it's seriously getting me down!

Thanks in advance ☺️

Ps I'm extremely fussy so replacing the bad stuff with healthy options isn't easy!

Try lot of stuff until you find healthy options that you DO like. I discovered that carrots baked with apples and spices (I omit the butter) taste delightful. Raw carrots are sweet and crunchy and really satisfy my desire to munch mindlessly. Apples are great too because they have fibre, and are sweet.
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead, have the full day's food ready in the morning and tell yourself that gone = gone.

Also google Gillian Riley - Eating less, I found that book very helpful.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Beck Diet Solution, cognitive behavioral therapy
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    What are you eating, exactly? Cannot view your Food Diary.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Change the channel...

Self control...
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    For trigger foods like chocolate I will save it for right before bed so I get a nice treat in and then I'm heading to bed so I can't over eat and obsess about having a 2nd serving

Your Dentist must freak out. Candy right before bed - the very idea. :angry:

Okay well brushing my teeth before I go to bed is part of the routine lmao