peanut butter

Replies

• Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    JinjoJoey wrote: »
    I gave up even bothering with peanut butter. Obviously, I can fit it into my budget, but it just isn't worth the calories for what you get, at least for me. Literally, one bite of PB is 180 calories. Yeah, no thanks.. Lol
    I avoided peanut butter for the same reason for a long time. I finally realized it was all in my head. It looks like a small amount, but when I eat it it's actually very filling. I totally get your reasoning though.

• VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    I love peanut butter. Great way to get protein and fat into my diet!
    I love it on toast with jam or in a smoothie. Or with icecream. I eat crunchy natural peanut butter with no added sugar or oil- it's so much more satisfying than the usual stuff with heaps of add-ins, I find :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Love peanut butter. I at it along with jam onto my French toast, rather than using syrup. I find calorie wise it suits me more in that scenario, because I like a lot of syrup.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited November 2016
    I eat a 1400 calorie PB sandwich Most mornings they are just to die for I slam it down with a a Protein shake and 2% milk puts my protein, carbs and fat at 75-85 each for the start of the day..
  • ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    I e stopped getting hung up on calories. I focus on bad fats, cholesterol, and sugar.
    I am a peanut butter fanatic. I could eat a pb&j sandwich 3 times a day.
    I take a pb&j sandwich on whole wheat to work for lunch everyday and it easily fits within my daily fat limits.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited November 2016
    ibboykin wrote: »
    I e stopped getting hung up on calories. I focus on bad fats, cholesterol, and sugar.
    I take a pb&j sandwich on whole wheat to work for lunch everyday and it easily fits within my daily fat limits.

Can't wait to see the responses to this:): subscribed
  • astrocosmiczoom
    astrocosmiczoom Posts: 86 Member
    PB2 (powdered peanut butter) is my go-to for anything that needs peanut butter flavor, but not actual peanut butter. It's way less damaging to the calorie goals ;D

IE, I'd never use it on toast, but it goes in all ma protein smoothies. It's pretty nifty.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I used to be glad I didn't like PB because of the fat/cals but I've been putting a tbs in my coconut greek yogurt and it's so good. Worth the cal cost ;)

PB in Greek yogurt is divine! I eat it nearly every morning with berries on top. Well worth the calories and the protein content is fantastic. I also eat a tbsp on toast when I get the munchies at night. A little high in calories, but kicks my cravings in the butt.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    ibboykin wrote: »

Can't wait to see the responses to this:): subscribed
    :laugh:
    Yeah, not touching that with a 10ft pole.
  • ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    So there seems to be people that won't say what they are thinking. Please, be an adult, speak your mind....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    JinjoJoey wrote: »
    I gave up even bothering with peanut butter. Obviously, I can fit it into my budget, but it just isn't worth the calories for what you get, at least for me. Literally, one bite of PB is 180 calories. Yeah, no thanks.. Lol

TOTALLY worth it for me!
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Dano74 wrote: »
    Not that anyone asked but... Powdered PB is the devil. Tastes like watered down sugar powder with watered down peanut extract. Real PB or bust!

To your point... why not, before eating PB, plug that thick, sweet n smoky stuff into your calories first so you know where it takes you? Proactivity FTW!

This!! If you add too much water by mistake you're screwed! I love the lower calories and the higher protein but the taste just doesn't compare. It goes in my oatmeal now just as an extra protein boost and then the real stuff goes on top.

For me the real thing is worth every calorie...just like beer!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    PB2 (powdered peanut butter) is my go-to for anything that needs peanut butter flavor, but not actual peanut butter. It's way less damaging to the calorie goals ;D

IE, I'd never use it on toast, but it goes in all ma protein smoothies. It's pretty nifty.

This^

I like PB2 in oatmeal & Greek yogurt. But on toast, blech!
  • saarah703
    saarah703 Posts: 2 Member
    Don't even worry about it though, think about everything in the long term of your diet, is 200 calories going to hurt you? It's the tiniest of bumps, just look ahead! Think about sustainability and consistency in your diet first and foremost
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    I love PB2
  • It's better than junk food and the fat should help satiate. Keep trucking, you've got this.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited November 2016
    two tablespoons put me over my fat allowance for the day. and 200 calories. bummed...

Assuming you are hitting your protien macros there is nothing wrong with being over the minimal on fat. Being under would concern me more.
  • tommytorpedo
    tommytorpedo Posts: 53 Member
    Your goal is less than 16 grams of fat per day?

no janejellyroll, but I'm unpleasantly surprised.