Dessert recipes for ONE person? help me out people! :)

Options
ShelbyLB
ShelbyLB Posts: 431
Hi everyone...hope your day is fabulous!!!
There are SO MANY delish low cal dessert recipes floating around out there...but my problem is, I can eat just ONE SERVING ....so I like to make 'single serve' desserts.....does anyone have any ideas to share??

Replies

• fowlmeli1093
    fowlmeli1093 Posts: 199
    Options
    Take light whipped cream and graham crackers....kind of tastes like an ice cream sandwich, and you can freeze them individually for later :)
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    if you are just looking for a treat for yourself or whatever I would go out and buy skinny cow ice cream bars :P they are super good

but if you wanna bake something or make it i guess you can just find a recipe you want online or wherever you are finding them, then cut the recipe down 1/6 or whatever would make it one serving size! =]
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    i'm single also, I like freezing the Yoplait Whips... Delish!!!
  • tonedover
    tonedover Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yup. Cool Whip.
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    No Pudge Brownies can be made Single Serving in the microwave. They are delicious!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Take light whipped cream and graham crackers....kind of tastes like an ice cream sandwich, and you can freeze them individually for later :)

Funny, I have a graham cracker idea too. Mix equal parts ricotta cheese and fruit preserves. Put it on top of a graham cracker. It tastes just like a fruit cheesecake!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Vita tops Deep Chocolate Muffin Top (in your grocer's freezer) - put it in your toaster until it's warm and the chocolate chips melt then,
    1/8 cup (yes, really or if you want to indulge you can do 1/4 cup) of Vanilla Frozen Yogurt on top
    Drizzle with 2 tsp of chocolate syrup.

This is my little cheat for a mock "hot fudge brownie sundae" It is SO good and is about 150 calories. :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I have that problem, too! :( One thing I LOVEEE and can find at Kroger and Wal*Mart are the Smart One sundaes! There's PB cup, turtle, cookie dough, and brownie fudge. :) My favs are cookie dough and brownie fudge.

Besides that, pudding, Skinny Cow, and small packs of chocolate, or dark choc. almonds. :D
  • CelticDestiny
    CelticDestiny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't have any recipes to share but if you make something that serves 4 or whatever freeze it in individual portions so you can have just one.
  • psnow9127
    psnow9127 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt mixed with sugar free pudding mix and fresh berries! Yum and great protein. I also love weight watchers frozen chocolate raspberry bars. 80 cal each!
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cut up an apple and sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon, then microwave for two minutes. Then mix that with plain greek yogurt mixed with splenda and cinnamon. Maybe some slivered almonds on top.
  • dointime
    dointime Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm allowed to post links, but if you go to the Happy Herbivore website, (just Google it) there are recipes for both a single serve cupcake and a single serve brownie. It's a vegan website, but I thought I'd share anyway. I can't eat just a single serving of anything unless I only have one in the house, so I definitely feel your pain!
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    You can always make a full batch, cut, and freeze them in individual bags. You can also adjust baking time/temps to make many things in muffin tins or small ramekins - that way you can either make partial batches, or again, freeze or fridge some for later.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    When I want a sweet treat I like to do this:

Make some banana "ice cream". Take some ripe or slightly over-ripe bananas and:

• Peel your bananas first.
    • Cut them into small pieces.
    • Freeze for just 1-2 hours on a plate, until just solid.
    • Put them into a food processor, Blend, blend, blend - scraping down the bowl when they stick.
    • Pour into a bowl and enjoy! It's almost like a soft serve.

If you really want to indulge, but a little FF hot fudge and some FF cool whip on top. YUM!
  • allshousems
    Options
    Not sure if your grocery store carries them but if you like ice cream there are now the single serving Skinny Cow ice creams too and Eddie's Light.
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    keep
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome Ideas!
  • tarynjohnson
    Options
    If you want a bitter chocolate cake try this one:
    http://spoonfulofsugarfree.com/2010/12/30/bitter-chocolate-love/

Or this girl has tons of single serve desserts. You could adjust the fat/cals/sugar to your liking.
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    you all are FABULOUS!! Thanks so much for the ideas...geeez...what would I do without this site!! :D