Whats your GOAL or current weight range?

Options

Replies

• Frenchgrad
    Frenchgrad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Female, 33 5'5"

SW: 185
    CW: 140
    GW range: 135-140

My goal weight range has changed every 10 pounds or so, LOL. I hit 138 a few days ago, and I loved how I looked. I was thinking of maintaining in a 130-135 range, but when I saw myself at 138, I worried that going too much lower would make me look too skinny and boney. So 135-140 it is!
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I also have a goal to tone up.
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    5'9"

SW: 205
    CW: 174
    GW: 166 - 168

I'd like to hit the 160's by December(Thats more than doable), I'm thinking that 2017 should be the year of calisthenics.

I've already made minor progress in this discipline but my thought process is if I want to maintain 160's I need to rethink my workouts for next year.
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    6'2"
    Start: 262 (1/1/16)
    Current: 196
    Goal: 186 (1/1/17)
  • Granada88
    Granada88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This time last year (I was at 220 lbs), I really had doubts I'd ever see the weight I'm at now (currently 175 lbs).
    I had the goal of making to 175 about 3 years ago. Now that I've made it, and have maintained the weight for nearly a month now, I am wondering if I'd be better, about 10 pounds less. Say.....160-- 165 lb range. Honestly, i want a 6 pack. I've always wanted it, but never took the initiative to get it. Heck, ive come THIS FAR... why not take it the rest of the way?! So, it looks like I'm may still be in the chase.
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    5'0"
    SW: 130
    CW:117
    Original GW:115
    Now my current GW is 110 and then I might try to gain back 5-7 pounds in muscle.
  • Gotrek1
    Gotrek1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    6`0 Started 325lbs I`m at 265 and want to get to 185-200
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Tabbycat00 wrote: »
    5'2
    Trying to make peace with 98-102 which is roughly 10lbs heavier than I was before baby.

I am 3 inches shorter than you, and if I went that low I would look like death warmed over. You must be very small framed to be able to hold a weight that low and still look and feel healthy. I'm aiming for a maintenance of 112-115. I'd love to hit 108-110 but I have never been able to sustain it.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    5'5, 39
    SW 173
    CW 159
    GW 135

My heaviest a couple years back was 185, I used WW and got to 155 but it wasn't sustainable for me. Went back to 173 which is where I am counting from now.
  • tinselart71
    tinselart71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    SW 242
    CW 237
    GW 140
  • Nicole_kayy
    Nicole_kayy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    5'7
    SW: 250
    CW:240
    GW: 150
    Sounds impossible but one pound at a time.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I'm 214ish and my goal is 127lbs. I'm 5'4"
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 115 lbs because I have a small frame.
  • ketocouverbabe
    ketocouverbabe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    goal weight is 150lbs. at 5'2" it would still be a lot, but a lot less than my sw of 261. :sweat_smile:
  • MikilouB
    MikilouB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    5'4''; 60 years young....goal weight is 130...my starting weight was 251. After 6 months...I'm at 190...halfway there!!!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options

@AnthonyX150X that is DANGEROUSLY underweight. It is a BMI of 17.5. You should re-evaluate your goal. I do not say this to be nonsupportive, I am saying this out of genuine concern for your well-being.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    SW: 210
    CW: 117
    GW: 110-115

I'm 5'1"

Close now!
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »

@AnthonyX150X that is DANGEROUSLY underweight. It is a BMI of 17.5. You should re-evaluate your goal. I do not say this to be nonsupportive, I am saying this out of genuine concern for your well-being.

Is it underweight even if you have a small frame though? I have seen people on the forums have goals weights slightly in the overweight range because they have a large frame.

Thank you for being concerned about my health, but I'm wondering if frame size can skew the healthy BMI range?
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »

Is it underweight even if you have a small frame though? I have seen people on the forums have goals weights slightly in the overweight range because they have a large frame.

Thank you for being concerned about my health, but I'm wondering if frame size can skew the healthy BMI range?

Several things:

-Frame size doesn't cause very much difference in weight, and the BMI scale accounts for this. That's why there's a range - assuming body fat and muscle are equal, a person with a large frame will have a slightly higher BMI than a person with a small frame. They can both fall into the normal range, no need to go over or under.

-There are exceptions: if you're very short, you may be perfectly healthy at an underweight BMI. If you're very tall or muscular, you may be healthy at an overweight BMI.

-Just because someone is shooting for an overweight BMI doesn't make it the healthiest option. It doesn't guarantee they'll be unhealthy, but it means they have a higher risk than someone in the normal BMI range.

-If someone has a BMI of 26 instead of 25, their risk of health problems increases a little. Going from 18.5 BMI to 17.5 BMI, the risk of health problems increases dramatically.

I think you should start by shooting for a BMI of 19.5-20 ( lbs). If you're not happy there, try to change your body composition by maintaining your weight and lifting weights (which you should already be lifting so you don't lose too much muscle mass while dieting). See how that goes.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    SW: 390
    CW: 183
    BMI: 26 using reg scale, 25 using tall people scale

Range: the 180's. I'm planning on maintaining during the holiday season. Idk after that. Hunger once I dropped below 190 has become ridiculous. Regardless of whether it's psychological or physiological or whatever people's opinions are, I feel like my body/mind are fighting back against much further loss at this point, and it's been 500+ days of eating at a deficit now.

Aesthetically, I'm not going to see a lot of improvement from dropping more - droopy excess skin just gets droopier. Physically, I'm in good shape. I can run up stairs carrying a load, walk for miles, run a bit, lift heavy things, kneel/bend/squat in ways I couldn't before, etc. People have different definitions of fitness, but I didn't start this to become an Olympian. I did this to have a balance of mental and physical health, and all my numbers are good, and my doctor is happy. My ultimate goal is really to just not ever be obese again.