Zumba for the Wii

Options

Replies

• Mnunzy144
    Mnunzy144 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the wii and I LOVE it!! So much fun and it doesn't matter if your a good dancer. I do the 20minwii beginner. Section but I sweat alot. I bought my games used at Game Stop
  • LdyDva31
    LdyDva31 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do the 20 minute beginner right now myself. Also take a class at my church since its only $2
  • justsarah
    justsarah Posts: 17
    Options
    Oh, i just got Just Dance 2 and I love it. Now I need this one too!! :)
  • Brandylambert
    Options
    you can get it at best buy, walmart I love it
  • purpleprincess06
    Options
    I got this game today, dance is the best kind of excerise for me with it being the only kind I truly enjoy. Not enjoying exercise is part of the reason I'm a bit wobbly. Being a dancer as a kid I found it so much fun and was still raring to go after over an hour! I would truly recomend it, you get to try the steps first and work your way up difficulties. Not being able to keep up was one of my worries of going to a class here in the UK. But with this game you can repeat and try steps again and choose when you go into a routine, there are also short routines about 5 mins long at differing difficulties if you want a quick burst at different steps rather than a full blown 20 min to 45 minute routine.
    I hope i've made sense!
  • kerrylks
    Options
    I found it at Walmart. Tried it for the first time today....what a great workout! I also did the 20 minute one, and would love to know how many calories it burned
  • joenick5518
    Options
    its 200-250 caloreis per half hour so thats about 133-166 calories for 20 minutes
  • joenick5518
    Options
    its 200-250 caloreis per half hour so thats about 133-166 calories for 20 minutes
  • lisaxanita
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba for the Wii! I have the full set of dvd's, but my mom just got the zumba game for xmas from my stepdad (hint much? haha, just kidding, she asked for it) and she wanted someone to try it out with. I was soaked after the beginner's 20 minute routine, and I do the dvd's a fair amount. Mom was literally dripping, she had to sit out a few times and just let me go on without her haha. Definitely a great workout, although sometimes the waist band does not register and that kills my score. I wouldn't worry about the band not fitting, I have to double-wrap it to fit around my waist, it's pretty big and has velcro all-around to suit many different sizes. Definitely a great purchase, I might look into getting it myself.
  • minanjade
    minanjade Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found this I hope it helps it counts your calories by your weight and the time you put into the workout as well as if it were low, mid or high intensity :O)
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I want the Zumba for the wii, but I heard mixed reviews. Also I am worried that the belt band you wrap around yourself will not fit around me. We used to have the EA sports active game and that comes with a leg strap, but even that barely fit around my leg. And would burst off when I moved..
    I have zumba 2 which has the belt and it fits ok. Kinda uncomfortable to me and it rides up on me.
  • KitKate68
    Options
    I just started Zumba classes a month ago, and loved them so I bought the Wii Zumba 2 game to do at home. In the Zumba 2 game, it lists the calories burned after you complete the workout. Today, I burned 189 calories, according to the game. It was my first try with the game, and so far so good. I think it helps a lot if you've already taken the Zumba classes before trying the game (but then again, I'm very uncoordinated...at Zumba class, I always position myself right behind one of the super expert Zumba ladies and try to copy them--easier than figuring out how to mirror the instructor).

So far, I'd recommend the game. Definitely a great workout! And the classes are fun. The game isn't a substitute for class, but it's a good supplement in addition to class.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    does anyone know how many calories the 20min sections on zumba for the wii burns??? i really want to know
    It is different for everyone. No one person is alike. It depends on your fitness level and weight. I usually only burn between 100 and 125 in 20 minutes.
  • Sstevick
    Options
    Approximately 180 for the 20 minute workout! :)
  • sandra13gonzalez
    Options
    HI I have zumba fitness 2 in wii first you have to do a profile with your info and then go to the part that says single song pick the song you want to dance when it finish it will tell you how much calorie you burn I hope i help good luck
  • Jayneoh
    Jayneoh Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi,

It is only day 3 of my fitness plan and 3rd day in a row I am doing Zumba 2 on the wii! Great fun, I do the single songs and pick my own. I tried to do the class but it didnt show me at the end howmany cals I burned :-(( The single song does tho!!

For every 30 mins i burn 380 cals according to the statistics once I finish doing a bunch of the single songs.

It is great fun and for once I feel motivated to exercise!
  • Tofteberg
    Tofteberg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Zumba2. I did two of the short workouts and am feeling it, Mine tells you the calories burned after each workout.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba 2 for Wii and I lve it!! It's a great workout!!!:smile:
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    toys r us carrys it also
    Where did you get the zumba off of? I've been trying to find it and cant!