Lunchs? what do u all for lunch?

Options
13»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My wife and I usually cook double for dinner and take the leftovers for lunch. If not, I usually have a sandwich.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    OP: I try to use Rachel Ray's idea of 'Cook for A Day, Eat For A Week'. I make a big pot or two of something, like stew or chili, or soup, maybe one on the stove top and another in the crockpot, then freeze some, and eat it all week. I'll alternate between that and a huge salad with grilled chicken that I get from a local rotisserie place.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisines, Smart Ones, Healthy Choice Steamers or Michelin's and a bag of frozen vegetables. Or one of those bagged salads that come with everything. I alternate
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Today I had an egg+eggbeaters scrambled, over a large bed of wilted spinach. Dress the whole thing with pics de gallo, sriacha sauce.
  • jessieknh
    jessieknh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I usually make a large salad on Monday and cook a large batch of something (soup, chili, stuffed peppers) for tuesday-Friday's lunches. Will do small portion of cooked food with a side salad.
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Leftovers. Always leftovers. I cook enough for four and then when it's done, i plate two portions and divvy the other two into tupperware. Lunch for the next day. Sometimes i make big dishes that serve 8-10 and put those in the freezer, then we have variety
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Today I'm going to have smoked salmon and cream cheese on a rice cake with a side of baby carrots and hummus. Maybe a hardboiled egg on the side; this meal seems kind of light now that I'm sharing it.
  • Jalexander33
    Jalexander33 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    We went to a local eatery and they had a awesome salmon salad. It was nice and health but it cost so much 14 bucks a plate (way over priced) So I started making my own. I pan sear the salmon with a Jamaican Jerk Seasoning I picked up from GFS. I add a boiled egg, a piece of chopped bacon, cherry tomatoes and I use Newmans own Olive oil and Vinegar dressing. My side is a cup of white rice or a baked potato.
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    batch cook chicken thighs on sunday and wed. use as a main, on a sandwich, salad, wrap etc. mix with microwaveable rice packets and hot sauce. mix with broccoli and cheese on a baked potato. I find I do best with a substantial lunch. If I eat something small I make up the difference in snacks anyway so I'd rather just spend less time eating overall.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I used just Lean Cuisine. Finally my nutritionist shamed me in to making my own healthier version. I will spiralize carrots, zuchinni or some other vegetable and I make my own low fat version of sauces. This accomplishes two things, I eat more vegetables and I lower my carb intake. I usually make one big dinner of this sort of thing then freeze leftovers in individual portions. I also will use a day on the weekend to make a hearty beef barley soup or something similar and freeze for lunches. I am fortunate to have a microwave at work.
  • tyshieha
    tyshieha Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    baked chicken breast, baked beats and baked sweet potato!
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    That's a lot of baking.