My rant about ...

Options
brewingaz
brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
Rants. How many rants are there a day on this site? Ninety percent of the "new rant of the day" is about something that's already been ranted about. So I'm ranting about rants, because the rants are becoming as common as:

*Do I eat my exercise calories back?
*OMG MY TOM!!!! I feel bloated, does this happen to anyone else? (No sweetie, you're the only female who gets bloated and crampy during your "TOM").
*GIRLS ONLY!
*GUYS ONLY!
*MEN ARE EVIL

Well you get the point. So that concludes my rants about rants. They're everywhere and common place. And you all just wasted 30 seconds of your life reading this. Have a nice day!

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Everyone has the right to rant! You shouldn't be ranting about the rants because the right to rant belongs to everyone.
  • 3aBadkids
    3aBadkids Posts: 78
    Options
    30 seconds of reading your post and typing my response should be about 75 calories burned...right? I'm logging it in! Ooops., wrong rant! :bigsmile:
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Everyone has the right to rant! You shouldn't be ranting about the rants because the right to rant belongs to everyone.

My head hurts.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    LMAO!! I needed this laugh! Thank you!
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    30 seconds of reading your post and typing my response should be about 75 calories burned...right? I'm logging it in! Ooops., wrong rant! :bigsmile:

hahaha
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    LOL Thanks for the giggles!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol the TOM thing made me laugh =P
  • BohemianDestiny
    BohemianDestiny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. ^^ It made my day.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Rants on Craigslist are way better than rants on MFP....you should check it out sometime.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!! I just ranted on my status an hr ago about the TOM one! So while we're ranting, here was my rant:

I'm not trying to be rude, but sometimes it's just a natural thing...I'm a woman and even I get tired of TOM msg board posts! If TOM is late, if TOM is early, if TOM is heavy, if TOM is light, if TOM is non existant anymore I really don't care! Yes, you will probably be up to 5lbs heavier right before and/or right after you start. Common sense! If you're old enough to post on here, you're old enough to know that TOM comes with weight gain! Duh. If you want everyone to know about your TOM, do a Playtex commercial! I'm just sayin'...
  • brewingaz
    Options
    Rants on Craigslist are way better than rants on MFP....you should check it out sometime.

Don't think for a second I haven't looked at Craigslist for humor. The best is in the Missed Connections section. Holy *kitten*, it's the funniest stuff ever these people dream up to find that one person they saw. Read them, it's a good laugh.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    There is a decidedly estrogen heavy tilt on this site (not that there is anything wrong with that). Many a woman has told me that it is her God given right to rant, so I don't argue. Your rant on rants is duly noted, kind sir, and if you feel better now, then that is all that matters now, right?

Although, I must agree...any thread with "TOM" in the title should be automatically obliterated by a mod two seconds after it is posted...start a new f***ing site, MMP (MyMenstruationPal.com)

Mini-rant over...
  • Heather75
    Options
    Hello. I am a grown woman who has been menstruating since I was 11, but I still haven't quite figured it out. I hope to have this sorted at least 10 years after menopause kicks in, but at the rate I am going, it will remain a complete mystery until the day I die.

Does anyone have a pamphlet I can read?
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Ooh Ranty Pants Gaz. I look forward to the thread ranting about your rant ranting about rants. At what point do enough mentions of the word rant turn the negative to the positive? Now MY head hurts - I'll start a Ranty thread about brewingaz causing headaches while ranting about bloated tom's. Now there's a whole new subject!
  • brewingaz
    Options
    Hello. I am a grown woman who has been menstruating since I was 11, but I still haven't quite figured it out. I hope to have this sorted at least 10 years after menopause kicks in, but at the rate I am going, it will remain a complete mystery until the day I die.

So that's 12 times a year, for approximately 31 years, meaning you've endured it 372 times (assuming no pregnancies or "scares"). I think you're getting closer to figuring it out. Maybe a few more times? Practice makes perfect!
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

Don't think for a second I haven't looked at Craigslist for humor. The best is in the Missed Connections section. Holy *kitten*, it's the funniest stuff ever these people dream up to find that one person they saw. Read them, it's a good laugh.

slide_8741_115913_large.jpg?1310594376175

I still havent heard from her :(

maybe i should write a rant on here about it.
  • Heather75
    Options

slide_8741_115913_large.jpg?1310594376175

I still havent heard from her :(

maybe i should write a rant on here about it.

That was me!
  • Heather75
    Options

So that's 12 times a year, for approximately 31 years, meaning you've endured it 372 times (assuming no pregnancies or "scares"). I think you're getting closer to figuring it out. Maybe a few more times? Practice makes perfect!

You used a calculator, didn't you?
  • brewingaz
    Options

You used a calculator, didn't you?

I did. I'm an engineer, I'm not one to work with numbers much. :)