Slim Fast or Whey protein ?

Options
2»

Replies

• starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I like the shakes to keep from heavy snacking between meals while I work from home. Have a major sweet tooth, so the Slimfast 20g is somewhat tasty (chill prior to drinking) and very filling.
  • ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I learned that you want to make sure you are getting a whey protein isolate and when added to other products such as fruits or veggies it makes a meal that the prepackaged stuff can't compete with outside of convenience.
  • WRLemmon
    WRLemmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Problem with slim fast is it is just a temp fix, unless you plan to use it everyday for the rest of your life, and to be honest if you closely at the stuff its not that healthy. You should instead look at changing your lifestyle and eating better and less. Eat at least three meals a day, keep your carbs low as possible, and Protein intake high, Avoid processed foods as much as possible. Most of all do not be afraid to admit you can not do it on your own. Find a good nutritionist that can work with you and one you can get along with. I went thru several before I found one that could relate to me in a way that worked.