Fist couple days been hard trying to chane my life completely

Options
I been doing this for 2 days and i can feel my body craving food i work alot so is hsrd to find time to go to the gym my diet im on consist of minimal carbs and sugars lots of beef sticks and water and jerkey for snacks when i smell food my stomach starts grumbuling but i fight the tempation with water and snacks like nuts jerkey and low fat substances ...this is going to be hard im trying to go threw a serious life change finacialy and phisicaly ...keep me motivated ppl plz

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you don't have to change everything all at once... baby steps.

is there a reason you are going low carb? its not necessary for weight loss and isn't a good fit for everyone? you may well be making it more difficult than it needs to be?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I been doing this for 2 days and i can feel my body craving food i work alot so is hsrd to find time to go to the gym my diet im on consist of minimal carbs and sugars lots of beef sticks and water and jerkey for snacks when i smell food my stomach starts grumbuling but i fight the tempation with water and snacks like nuts jerkey and low fat substances ...this is going to be hard im trying to go threw a serious life change finacialy and phisicaly ...keep me motivated ppl plz
    You don't have to go to the gym, or even exercise. Moving is good, but not necessary for weight loss.

Eating is also good, so you should eat enough, and eat well. You can't go low carb AND low fat - pick one, or just reduce overall calories so that you have a small deficit. You don't have to watch sugar intake if you are careful with calorie intake. In fact, there's sugar in a lot of healthy foods, and restricting variety is terrible for your health.

If you need to improve any areas in your life, you need to find motivation from that, and from within yourself; nobody can do that for you. Improving means doing things better, not worse. Torturing and starving yourself is not something you should try to do.

you may well be making it more difficult than it needs to be?
    Seconding this.
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I lost weight (70 lbs so far) even when I couldn't exercise due to a serious health issue. Now I'm better and can walk, but most of my loss has been because of logging my food and keeping my calories at goal. You don't have to go to the gym. But, you do have to watch the diet. Calories In vs. Calories Out... You can still eat things you enjoy though. I cut out processed foods and eat more of a whole diet but that was only because I wanted to eat healthier. I still allow myself treats, occasional glass of wine, piece of pizza... but it's all in moderation and I log it and stay to my calorie allotment for the day. You can do this! As another posted said, try baby steps so you don't feel too deprived. It's really 90% mental and 10% work. Ease into what you think you can sustain for the long run.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    So don't change everything right now. Change one, maybe two things. Keep up with that/those change(s) for a few weeks. Change something else. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Profit.
  • pettals9
    pettals9 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I think you should premake your food instead of beef jerky carry lots of fruits pear, apple a banana and a bottle of water. Cut out the processed make a colorful salad. Salad tomatoes, avocado, cut some meat up add it to it, onions and sooo on. Have fresh fruit on hand...I am doing this to. You have to eat tho these types of food to replace that high fat stuff that pack on the pounds easily. One day at work I had a big plate of mixed veggies and garlic spring beans instead of the meat they had one day and it was great kept me full. You can add meat to it I just chose to do that.
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your plan may be too aggressive. Start with a max of 1lb per week (half lb would be better) and then move up to a max of 2lb. Don't cut out your favorites just cut how much you eat of them. You are going to burn yourself out really quick the way you are going. You should not be hungry all the time.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to do things so drastically? That's only going to lead to burn out and you won't be able to stick with it long term. Weight loss is about eating at the appropriate amount of calories for your goals. You don't have to cut out any of the foods you like, you don't have to exercise. What you do have to do is eat less calories. Keep things simple-enter your stats into MFP and figure out how many calories you need to eat. Then start using a food scale, set to grams, to correctly measure out portion sizes, and record your food intake on MFP. That's really about it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Trying to do a 180* overnight is pretty much going to lead to big time failure. People don't overhaul their lives overnight...get real with yourself...make small changes where you can and realize that this is a process and embrace the process.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Unless you have the mental power of a god then you'll be fine. If not I would recommend a less restrictive diet.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of "low carb". That said, I did reduce the amount of bread and potatoes I eat. I don't let them bring the bread to the table at the restaurant and skip the fries. I do miss the loaded baked potatoes but it reality it isn't so much like starving as it is about avoiding. The only sugar I had was sweet tea so switching to unsweet was not that much sacrifice. Like everybody has said above just work on one thing at a time. 1st get your calorie goal in check with accurate logging. This also improves your ability know what foods will blow your calorie budget. Don't be tempted to go real low on calories or carbs thinking you will kill this. It will make you weak and feel like crap. Just shoot for a deficit that will make you lose about 2 pounds a week. If getting healthy is a part of this equation than add more produce to the diet and add some exercise. Like diet do the exercise in baby steps and build on a slow start adding more gradually. I went front no exercise to running 30 miles a week but started by just walking, for months prior to adding running to the mix. I found that exercise gave me more calorie headroom for important things like beer and wine. Start slow and build, good luck!
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Good advice given here! Losing weight by starving is quick (and painful) but rarely lasts.

Be patient. Lose weight slowly and it will stay off. Luckily, it isn't so difficult to make the sort of changes that help you lose weight slowly. They can be painless (see posts above) small changes.

The trick is to find the small changes that you can live with - forever. You don't want to eat in a strange way, then just go back to the 'normal' eating that made you fat.

The small changes do vary from person to person.

MFP Calorie counting is a really good place to start. You can eat everything - but just need to keep track of how much. There is also something about having to list foods eaten that helps you avoid too much of the 'wicked' things. Low carb can be good - but if you are going to survive it long-term, you need to do some reading first and be aware that it can be expensive. Low fat can work well - but can make you crave more food. Having days of fasting each week works for some but makes others too hungry to cope.

It might be a case of choosing or trying out one method then another to see what suits you as a life-style. ( Don't try them all at once!)