I did good all day ......soooo can i have dessert?

Options
OK so i did great all day! Had 500 calories for breakfast,330 calories for lunch and 520 calories for dinner! if i have a mcdonalds icecream cone then that shoots up my dinner calories to 720. Is that ok? I wont lie it scares me a bit...comment PLEASE :)

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Add it to your diary and see how it affects all your other stats as well. If you have the fat, sugar and everything else as well as the calories to spare... why would you deprive yourself?
  • CoachKaren
    CoachKaren Posts: 90
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SKIP IT! You dont need it! :-)
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your day, then have it!! Everything in moderation - and LET GO OF THE GUILT!!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    As long as its not an every day thing then don't worry about it.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I have ice cream or sorbet almost every night... just make sure it fits within your target goals.
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I don't see a problem with having an ice cream cone from mcdonalds all that terrible. I just had a bowl of ice cream at home as a treat
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your day, then have it!! Everything in moderation - and LET GO OF THE GUILT!!

Agree!
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your goals then there is no reason not to eat it. I don't restrict myself if I want something, but I only allow myself it if I have "earned" it. If it makes you go over in calories for the day, skip it and eat one smaller meal tomorrow to fit it in. Or eat the ice cream and do some exercise to burn it off again if it doesn't fit in! :)
  • ksr5000
    ksr5000 Posts: 19
    Options
    don't ever punish or deprive yourself. If you go everyday stating I can't have this I can't have this you will want it more.

Don't feel guilty either. If you want it, have it, then deal with the consequences (good or bad). Exercise a little harder maybe, or it if fits into your day, don't even worry about it.

Most of all, enjoy it! There's nothing worse than eating something delicious and hating yourself for it.
  • Moneymama_123
    Options
    Like everyone else said. If it fits into your range then have it. If you deny yourself something small now you may over do it later. Eat the ice cream and then take a walk around your neighborhood. Then you won't feel so guilty!!!
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    your dairy is nice today..great logging and you have plenty of calories for ice cream..now get some friends for support!
  • sagisun1969
    Options
    700 calories for an ice-cream cone? That seems really high. I buy the ice-cream cups from Walmart - Great Value brand. Only 100 calories!
  • Ashisrunning
    Options
    no no no i added the ice cream calories to my dinner calories :P
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Sure. They are only 150 calories.
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options

Agree!

Double agree!!! I hate the idea of food associated with guilt...
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    If it's something you used as an incentive for doing well, then sure why not. Just make sure it's what you really want, and that you've eaten healthy the rest of the day.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SKIP IT! You dont need it! :-)

I like to think of my food intake like this. Will it benefit my body nutritionally? If not, I tend to pass. Don't always make the right choices, but my intake of junk food is almost nothing now with that thought process and I FEEL SO GOOD ALL THE TIME!
  • hotwow
    hotwow Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I too already planned for McDonald's ice cream cone!! As long as you are not over......ENJOY!! Once in a while is good for the soul.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Of course you can! Why shouldn't you?

You're in this for the long haul, aren't you? Then you should live your life the way you want to live it, and if that includes ice cream, have the ice cream.

I'd go mad if I didn't allow some goodies to pass my lips.
  • highdesertgirl
    Options
    have a skinny cow ice cream bar. Can't believe they are only 110 calories, tastes like premium icecream