Hoarders

Options
tonicia
tonicia Posts: 145 Member
Not weight loss related but.....has anybody lived with a hoarder?

Replies

• mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I live with one now. Not the best of situations to be in.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I tend to hoard hair products/beauty products.....but i am not hardcore.....i LOVE the hoarder shows though....
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Yes, growing up.
  • shesnotthere
    shesnotthere Posts: 117
    Options
    No, and the tv show sends me into cleaning fits.
  • enidstewart
    Options
    My neighbor is a hoarder. it is awful. Totally wipes out your profit margin if selling a house.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options

Me too!!!! I will clean for days afterwards, and get rid of clothes to the Special Olympics!!

I think my husband's glad I only catch the show maybe once a month :)
  • cynthiaclark1000
    cynthiaclark1000 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Agreed!I feel dirty just watching them....:happy:
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    no and i cant fathom what that must be like. I have a tendency to throw too much stuff away. Clutter gives me anxiety
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

Me too! It's actually really good for me to watch once in a while. Inspires me to clean up.
  • sarahbeth17
    sarahbeth17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I somewhat am....NOTHING like the show but I have most my stuff from childhood that I can't part with, although I've been getting a lot better and donating things more often! We own a lot of furniture and don't have much space so it probably looks worse than it would if we were in a big enough house!
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    my grandma is a horder and she used to babysit me when i was a kid GROSS!
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yep, my old room mate (her house) and still current good friend. It was before the shows came on and I didn't realize how common the disease is.
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    No, but my moms neighbor died about a year ago, I think her daughter has become a hoarder, she hasn't't cleaned anything out of the house, but she brings over a car load of crap everyday. Place looks ridiculous now.
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I guess I should ask....has anybody had success in "curing" it? My mom is a closet hoarder. The living room and things are clean, but we have sheds in the backyard/guest rooms/etc FULL of stuff....It's extremely taxing. I've tried to help sooooooooo many times and the only solution I see really working is moving out. = ( Anybody have any ideas?
  • kellydoyle76
    Options

Me too!!!! I will clean for days afterwards, and get rid of clothes to the Special Olympics!!

I think my husband's glad I only catch the show maybe once a month :)

Me too!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Growing up, my best friends' family. They hoarded EVERYTHING, and the entire house was ridiculous. Lots of fun when you're a kid, though.
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    i think they need a therapist to help them, everytime i see an epidsode the families usually say they have cleaned in the past and it always goes back they seem to have better success working with a therapist. My mom cleaned my grandma's house and its slowly going back to the way it was, i don't know why she is a hoarder
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Me too.. Watched old episodes in On Demand this weekend and been cleaning ever since!
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yep, my hubby is a hoarder. He has uni books from 20 years ago that he won't through away (and no he is not going back to uni and he admits that the info in some of them is out of date). He also has mobile phone broachers (prices etc) from every major phone company for the last 10 years, he has clothes that he doesn't wear anymore some which are either the same age or older than me.... I could go on but you get the idea!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I think my mom is heading that way. When we were young the house was clean now her home is in shambles and she keeps starting projects and not finishing them and is so unorganized. I tend to keep things because I do not have time to throw them away or go through the boxes but I have no problem getting rid of anything haha

Watching the show has made it easier to organize myself haha