Low carb diet

Options
misscutie090
misscutie090 Posts: 1 Member
Anyone have some low carb recipes or things they prepared easily, but still low carb?

Replies

• silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Any combination of meat, eggs, cheese, butter and cream. Cook in butter, oil, crisco, coconut oil....
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    bacon
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    shepherds pie, using cauliflower instead of potato. i barely got any! my kids loved it :)
  • countrysweet1127
    countrysweet1127 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mostly stuff you prepare not things you can stick in the microwave.. meat,eggs,veggies.. i like trying different omelets
  • bassklan
    bassklan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    pinterest or ibreatheimhungry.com... Keto and low carb is the way to go! Cheeseburger pie, crack slaw, taco meat without the taco... mmmmmm...
  • mrssto78
    mrssto78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

CHERI'S CREAMY SOUTHWESTERN TACO SOUP
    1 pound ground beef
    2 3/4 ounces onion, chopped, 1/2 cup
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon cumin
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    8 ounces cream cheese, softened
    2 10-ounce cans Ro-tel tomatoes, undrained (tomatoes with green chilies)
    2 cans beef broth
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    2 teaspoons salt, or to taste

In a large soup pot, brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic; drain. Add the spices and cook a couple minutes. Drop the cream cheese in bits into the meat. With the back of a big spoon, smash it into the meat until no bits of white remain. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.

I made this the other day and it was delicious. A big switch up from the bland LC choices.

I also make BLT's frequently. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and put parchment paper on a baking sheet (you don't have to, but it cleans up easier). Cut a package of bacon in half and weave 5 pieces together. Place how ever many weaves you make on the baking sheet and bake until the done-ness you prefer (about 15-20 min for my oven). I spread mayo on the bacon and add a slice of tomato then wrap with lettuce leaves. I tried using bacon as the bread, but it was way too messy. Haha.

This recipe for Talapia is amazing as well.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/50644/broiled-tilapia-parmesan/

If you would like more recipes just let me know :)

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Mostly stuff you prepare not things you can stick in the microwave.. meat,eggs,veggies.. i like trying different omelets

This doesn't even make sense...
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    OP: (or anyone else...): Just google "Paleo" and you will find more low carb recipes than you could cook in three lifetimes. Unfortunately, Paleo adherents do not generally count calories, so you will have to figure that out for yourself (like I did).

Eat well...!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have a group on here Keto Recipes and Support.
  • delicaterealms
    delicaterealms Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    when i focus on meat and protein, my carbs tend to be low! my weaknesses are fruits and empty cal snacks, which really make my carbs and sugar go over the limit ):
  • momma_rose
    momma_rose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

This doesn't even make sense...

I think she meant nothing like a frozen dinner or pizza already made etc.
  • AnarchistKitchen
    AnarchistKitchen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I made this the other day. I LOVE it. I made this on the george foreman grill which cooks everything super fast. This is Indian Cauliflower "Rice". It's soooo good. Just mix spices in with cauliflower rice and grill (or put in the skillet). Easy!
    https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2016/11/12/vegan-indian-cauliflower-rice-paleo-george-foreman-grill-recipe/
    5zlf4ag6f8jj.jpg
  • jennkholland
    jennkholland Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles with meat sauce. Low in carbs and calories yet delicious and filling
  • judylongo69
    judylongo69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eggplant pizza!! I use Walden Farms no carb pasta sauce. It's actually great!!! For toppings I use mozzarella cheese and hamburg.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Anyone have some low carb recipes or things they prepared easily, but still low carb?

Just type anything that sounds good to you into google with the word low carb or keto after it and you will get a butt load of recipes. Parmesan crusted pork with brussel sprouts was a good one. Tuna patties, salmon patties, low carb waffles, chia seed pudding, cloud bread etc etc etc. There are a lot of recipes online.
  • lisahavneraas
    lisahavneraas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you been on Pinterest? So many great recipes and blogs for low carb eating. One of my favorites is roasting a variety of veggies and serving it with some slow cooker shredded chicken or a couple eggs on top. Easy and delicious
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles with meat sauce. Low in carbs and calories yet delicious and filling

I made "Zoodles" for the first time this week with Chicken Parm (not breaded). Came out great and was delicious
  • carolann1974
    carolann1974 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found the following recipe to be so satisfying because I like cereal and crunch. Enjoy!
    For breakfast-
    NUT MEAL (hot "cereal")
    1/3 c chopped raw nuts ( almonds, pecans, walnuts mixed our your favorites)
    Toast in a dry frying pan till browned.
    add them to-
    2 eggs mixed
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    dash of salt
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    Melt 1-2 Tablespoons of coconut oil in same pan add egg mixture and cook like scrambled eggs.
    Serve with small amount of heavy cream and Truvia or Coconut sugar.