I can't reach my calorie count of 1200

Options
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out.
My SW was 146
My CW is 140
And My GW is about 125
I'm 5'8" and I put my goal on MFP as 135 I think, or something along the lines of that.
Anyway, my daily intake is of 1200cal as I'm very sedentary. First couple of days I was really hungry and now, not even two weeks after I'm barely able to eat 1200 calories, I've done for the day today and I haven't even hit a 1000. Am I supposed to force myself to eat?
All I really did for my "diet" is replace snacks with healthy things, try not to binge eat when I'm stressed, etc.
Anyway, why can't I hit my calorie goal? I'm happy that I'm losing weight but doesn't my body need more food? I didn't even want to have my dinner today, I had to force myself to have it.
Also, does anyone know how long it will take me to lose this much weight? I have started exercising recently but I don't really log it on MFP because it just makes my calorie count look pathetic...

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Are you using a food scale? Can you open your diary?
  • Leaz947
    Leaz947 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Hello!

Are you using a food scale? Can you open your diary?

For most things yes, and if I don't I put way more on the diary than what I am actually eating just in case.
    Just opened the diary, sorry, I'm still kind of new to this!
  • Leaz947
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    If you are at the place of needing to lose weight, you were eating way more than 1200 calories...so add some of that stuff back into your diet. Also, many people cut out a bunch of dietary fat because they don't understand that fat is actually healthy and necessary to a proper diet...so if you did that, stop.

I still eat some things but my diet consisted of chocolate bars, crisps, ice cream, pies, fizzy drinks and sausage rolls mainly.
    I would eat a whole big bar of chocolate which in itself would have about 1000 calories. Now if I have some it's two cubes, I still have fat in my diet, I just have a normal diet now, you can check out my diary if you want and spot if anything is wrong.
    Thanks!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    diary isn't open
  • timmcelyea64
    timmcelyea64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im guessing your maintenance is 1500-1700 kcal per day. 1200 kcal is 300-500 daily deficit and 2100-3500 per week. This is generally thought to be about .75-1 pound fat loss per week if things work right. If you are not hungry don't eat unless you are not getting the nutrition - a variety of whole foods. A greater deficit is more loss and if you are not active your system will down regulate to try and accommodate the deficit so it is a moving target. Exercise helps and I suggest resistance training to maintain muscle mass and prioritize fat loss. Im no expert but this is general mainstream approach.
  • Leaz947
    Options
    You are already at a healthy weight..Your goal weight would put you in the underweight category.

Aren't you the one with the horrible boyfriend who is forcing you to lose weight?

Hey, I'm the one with the boyfriend who made quite a few comments about my weight but I want to lose weight too, I have been wanting to do for a while on my own accord. But yes, he does want me to lose weight.
  • Leaz947
    Options
    TreyTnt9 wrote: »
    I still don't understand these kind of posts. How are people "barely able" to eat 1200 calories and must force themselves. Then how did you get overweight in the first place?

My BMI says that I'm on the 55th percentile at the moment of healthy weight. I'm slightly chubby, not overweight.
    And I got chubby when I was about 14.
  • Leaz947
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    diary isn't open

Just opened it, sorry.
  • Leaz947
    Options
    Im guessing your maintenance is 1500-1700 kcal per day. 1200 kcal is 300-500 daily deficit and 2100-3500 per week. This is generally thought to be about .75-1 pound fat loss per week if things work right. If you are not hungry don't eat unless you are not getting the nutrition - a variety of whole foods. A greater deficit is more loss and if you are not active your system will down regulate to try and accommodate the deficit so it is a moving target. Exercise helps and I suggest resistance training to maintain muscle mass and prioritize fat loss. Im no expert but this is general mainstream approach.

Resistance training? I'm new to all of this so I don't really know what type of training that is, sorry.
    Thanks for the comment by the way! :)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Leaz947 wrote: »

Resistance training? I'm new to all of this so I don't really know what type of training that is, sorry.
    Thanks for the comment by the way! :)

Strength training.
This discussion has been closed.