Pet Peeves!

Options

Replies

• jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    jvcjim wrote: »
    I just carry around a little gavel. And when I'm done stating my opinion/argument etc. I just pound the gavel. Plus, if somebody wants to continue to argue with me I can always pound them in the head with it... ;)
    I'm a magistrate so i often get to use a gavel, power corrupts! when men/ boys come into the courtroom with hats on and or low slung pants... $100 fine for contempt and if they whine a night in county as well, (we have warning signs) i would prefer sending them to the chair though but that is out of my purview. not a sexist policy we fine for exposed underwear as well.

it bothers me that you get a gavel and I don't. I bet you just have underwear under those robes. And if you try to argue with me I will just pound my gavel harder. (if I had one)

if i had the lags for it i would wear shorts, so i wear khakis and a shirt, on a bad day a suit but i despise them. i recently discovered i fit a lot of my old suits now.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    People that confuse 'weary' with 'wary' and 'leery' with 'lairy'.
    Also people who get a kick out of rhyming their pet peeves..
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    People who are clearly uneducated but argue tooth and nail like they are right and its even worse if they talk over and refuse to listen to any real logical fact xD -possibly happened to me and still mad xD-

So if you have more education than someone else, you're automatically right in all matters?

No, but my brother does this ALL THE TIME. I went to school for TV broadcast and he will say something that is wrong, I'll say the right thing, and he won't ever let it go. If you are not an expert on something, expect to occasionally be corrected.
  • TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Chewing with your mouth open or talking with food in your mouth...grrrrr
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    The use of "no offense, but"
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Options
    Back handed compliments ..
  • OS_KAT
    OS_KAT Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Same slim girl!!!! The absolute effin worst
  • Archer2017
    Archer2017 Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Back handed compliments ..

Yes!!

Also, when people stop practicing humility.

• evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I work in a pharmacy. My pharmacy has a drive through where you can drop off or pick up medication. I HATE when people are eating. When they come through. I have to aske them several questions to make sure im not going to kill them and they are chewing while answering me. Rude and gross
  • Archer2017
    Archer2017 Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    evilokc wrote: »
    I work in a pharmacy. My pharmacy has a drive through where you can drop off or pick up medication. I HATE when people are eating. When they come through. I have to aske them several questions to make sure im not going to kill them and they are chewing while answering me. Rude and gross

You should just hand them candy rockets, and maybe next time they'll appreciate what you do for them!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    this just happened today.. when someone leaves just a little bit of something (that something is what you eat too) and putting it back in the fridge..no, just no.
  • sizzawu
    sizzawu Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Cheaters and liars
  • TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    mjaykup wrote: »
    TeachingT wrote: »
    Chewing with your mouth open or talking with food in your mouth...grrrrr

How about when you're chewing nicely and someone decides they want to talk to you? Ugh

Give them the "hold on a second" signal as you swallow. Then, engage in conversation. :)