Cutting till Christmas ❄️

Options
ktfranke
ktfranke Posts: 217 Member
Any body else want to join me for a 6-7 week cut?! I started yesterday! My goal is to drop 5-6lbs of body fat! I'm 5'7" and 143lbs. I'm somewhere around 20%bf and would like to get down to maybe 18%?! I'm eliminating refined sugars and processed foods. My maintenance calories are between 1,900-2,300, so I'm gunna cut down to 1,500-1,600 calories a day. My macro goal is to be somewhere around 40-50% carbs 30-40% protein and 20% fat. Lots of lean protein and consistency with lifting and HIIT workouts!

*I'm happily married, so i will not be friending any guys!

Replies

• cmazurek85
    cmazurek85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What will your typical daily diet look like?
  • ktfranke
    Options
    Here's kind of an example day of eating:
    Breakfast: oatmeal & eggwhites
    Snack: Greek yogurt/nuts & seeds
    Lunch: chicken spinach salad
    Or turkey vegetable soup
    Or stir fried chicken and bell peppers
    Snack: protein shake/mozzarella or Swiss cheese with turkey lunch meat
    Dinner: tilapia fillet or steelhead fillet with roasted veggies

• alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Sorry to see you aren't friending any guys, but I completely understand. I was married for 26 years. My macros are a bit out of whack right now, but we have the same goal. Good luck to you and have a happy holiday season!
  • mccormf1
    mccormf1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You should have your bf% checked before and after. Who set up your macros? Are you someone who burns through carbs better than protein?
  • ktfranke
    Options
    mccormf1 wrote: »
    You should have your bf% checked before and after. Who set up your macros? Are you someone who burns through carbs better than protein?

I'm following a program called "thinner leaner stronger." And their suggestion for cutting is to keep fat around 31g for my height and weight etc. My Bf% is probably a little inaccurate, I'm just using my scale right now! I'm keeping my protein high so that I can still fit and not lose muscle..
  • mccormf1
    mccormf1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I hear you I've never had mine checked but I know I've cut a few % so was thinking of having mine checked to see where I'm really at. Only questioned the carbs because most cutting programs I've seen either have equal carbs/protein or slightly higher protein but if your going by a set program that works go bananas. Good luck with the cut
  • ktfranke
    Options
    5 days in, and I've drop 3lbs of water and bloat! Feeling good!! Though hungry at times... especially in the evenings!
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'll join ya!
  • ktfranke
    Options
    Thanks for friending @BabyLovesToRun!!
    What are your goals?!
    Good luck on your journey!
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'll join you! I've gained a few pounds back over this year due to general stress and life getting in the way of sticking to being healthy! My long term goal is to get back down to about 130lbs, but for now I'll settle with a lb a week. I'm not actually sure how much I weigh right now (I think around 140), so I'm going to borrow my housemates scale tomorrow so I've got an accurate starting point. I know scale numbers are just numbers but I know when I was last around 130 I felt and looked great so that's why I want to get back to that point!
    I'm not really setting any macro %, I'm just going with a general 'be healthy' approach with the occasional treat! I'm trying to keep below about 1400 calories and I'm getting back to the gym after a while of not being able to go.
    I have grad ball in June, so that's my very long term goal date, I want to look and feel great for that!
    I know from past weight loss experiences I need to keep in touch and motivate/get motivated by other people, or I end up getting fed up and giving up! So if you don't mind me joining you I'll check in every day/other day and we can motivate each other to our goals! :smile:
    Em
  • ktfranke
    Options
    Awesome @emilymaya16 thanks for joining! Stay strong & good luck with your goals!
  • KristinHR01
    KristinHR01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    ktfranke wrote: »

I'm following a program called "thinner leaner stronger." And their suggestion for cutting is to keep fat around 31g for my height and weight etc. My Bf% is probably a little inaccurate, I'm just using my scale right now! I'm keeping my protein high so that I can still fit and not lose muscle..

That was a great book. Everyone should read it.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Sounds like what I'm wanting to do. I have to have a lower weekly deficit because I'm no good on the weekends. I was 149 last weekend due to some serious water weight from shoving carbs in my face. I'm 142 today. I'd love to be about 133-135. I'm 5'4".

I'm not taking any friends but I'd be interesting in using the thread for accountability.
  • ktfranke
    Options
    Welcome @bbell1985! Good luck with your goals! Keep us posted on your progress!
  • ktfranke
    Options
    Today is a refeed day! So I'm not being strict on my calories and macros as much! And it's the one day of the week I don't work out! Lost a whole pound on the scale yesterday, which seems crazy to me! I've lost 4.6lbs in one week
  • mrsmunde
    mrsmunde Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'll join the cut til Christmas! Put on 8 lbs over the summer. Blugh!
  • mrsmunde
    Options
    Can you friend request me?
  • mrsmunde
    Options
    ktfranke wrote: »

That was a great book. Everyone should read it.

I second that!
  • ktfranke
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for joining @mrsmunde! You can totally crush 8lbs by Christmas!
  • Jenmarcuson
    Jenmarcuson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I am at 147 right now and would like to get to 139 by Christmas.