I can't reach my calorie count of 1200

Options

Replies

• Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Leaz947 wrote: »
    You are already a healthy weight.

If you want to improve your "chubby" look, I'd suggest first eating a lot more protein. Your intake is quite low. On your drastically low calorie intake, you're going to lose muscle. This will have long-term affects on your muscle mass. Also? Up your calories.

Additionally, retaining muscle while adding strength training to your routine might stimulate your appetite so you don't find it so hard to reach your goals. It will also help you look less "chubby" and leaner at a higher weight.

Eat some chicken, some full-fat cottage cheese, some Greek yogurt.

You don't need to lift weights, you can do body weight exercises.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Saying all of that? I agree with RoxieDawn. I think, having read your other thread, that there are a lot of red flags around you and your relationship with food and your over all self-esteem.

I think you should talk to your doctor, and be honest about everything so you can get some help before this spirals out of control.

Thanks a lot for the advice!
    I don't really know how to access the medical service when it's concerning something such as dieting or medical health to be honest, the clinic which is registered as my GP only does on the day bookings and when I tried to call about something which wasn't a physical health issue they literally told me that they had more important things to deal with and to try another day, this happened 4 times...

Don't go there anymore. The least they could do was refer you.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    There's always butter

https://youtu.be/CpmW9rZ4VMs
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,750 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you're considering talking to a dr. Perhaps look into primary care alternatives if your current primary care can't be bothered to provide the service you're going to them for?

All I will suggest is that you fire up your phone and computer and plug in your information into www.smartbmi.com. Plug in your original weight, your current weight... the weight you're aiming for.... and then think about what that says about your goals.

If you want to change what you perceive to be a chubby look, and you happen to be in the bottom half of the bmi table already.... strength training while eating at maintenance is the answer.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    gabbyo23 wrote: »
    Rolling my eyes reading this and all other posts like it.

What..you can't manage a bar of chocolate? Can't squeeze a spoonful of peanut butter into your teeny weeny itsy bitsy stomach???

Rubbish. Of course you can. You didnt get "chubby" (your words, not mine) by eating like a sparrow.

I feel like your just wanting people to tell you your not fat and not to lose weight because your nasty boyfriend is messing you up.

I'm not going to say that. If you want to lose weight go ahead. You know yourself if you need to or not. And you know who your boyfriend is.

We accept the love we think we deserve.

Okay, I'm getting quite angry now.
    No, I do not want anyone to give me reconfirmations, you haven't seen me, you do not know what I look like and quite frankly I don't care about your opinion about my body.

I am asking for advice on how to eat healthy and get to my daily calorie goal without eating unhealthy things. When I say that I'm full I'm saying that I don't want to eat anything because I don't feel like it
    If you just came to say that then thank you for your comment but don't judge or assume please.

People have given you advice on that, but it's not clear that you've noticed, since you didn't respond to those posts.

Maybe you need to adjust your idea of what is healthy. Have you cut out fat from your meals? Add olive oil, butter, or other fats to the foods you eat at meals. There are some vitamins your body can't absorb without fat.

Exchange drinks with calories (preferably protein and fat, like whole-fat milk) for zero or nearly zero calorie drinks (water, plain tea, black coffee, diet soda).

Add avocado to your salads and sandwiches/wraps.
  • Leaz947
    Leaz947 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »

I am asking for advice on how to eat healthy and get to my daily calorie goal without eating unhealthy things.

But Snickers is not unhealthy :(

On Sundays I go to my grandma's house and she cooks me dinner and gives me about 2 snickers to eat (while I'm with her) because that's what grandma's do. So I don't really like snacking on Snickers during the week haha.
  • Leaz947
    Options

What..you can't manage a bar of chocolate? Can't squeeze a spoonful of peanut butter into your teeny weeny itsy bitsy stomach???

Rubbish. Of course you can. You didnt get "chubby" (your words, not mine) by eating like a sparrow.

I feel like your just wanting people to tell you your not fat and not to lose weight because your nasty boyfriend is messing you up.

I'm not going to say that. If you want to lose weight go ahead. You know yourself if you need to or not. And you know who your boyfriend is.

No, I do not want anyone to give me reconfirmations, you haven't seen me, you do not know what I look like and quite frankly I don't care about your opinion about my body.

I am asking for advice on how to eat healthy and get to my daily calorie goal without eating unhealthy things. When I say that I'm full I'm saying that I don't want to eat anything because I don't feel like it
    If you just came to say that then thank you for your comment but don't judge or assume please.

People have given you advice on that, but it's not clear that you've noticed, since you didn't respond to those posts.

Maybe you need to adjust your idea of what is healthy. Have you cut out fat from your meals? Add olive oil, butter, or other fats to the foods you eat at meals. There are some vitamins your body can't absorb without fat.

Exchange drinks with calories (preferably protein and fat, like whole-fat milk) for zero or nearly zero calorie drinks (water, plain tea, black coffee, diet soda).

The other post has hundreds of comments and meanwhile I read them all, I still haven't had time to reply to all of them.
    I listened to their advice and I'm currently on a break from my boyfriend at the moment.
    Isn't diet soda quite bad for you? I have exchanged my normal soda for either water or diet soda but everyone keeps saying that it isn't any better than the normal version.
  • Leaz947
    edited November 2016
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Glad to see you're considering talking to a dr. Perhaps look into primary care alternatives if your current primary care can't be bothered to provide the service you're going to them for?

All I will suggest is that you fire up your phone and computer and plug in your information into www.smartbmi.com. Plug in your original weight, your current weight... the weight you're aiming for.... and then think about what that says about your goals.

If you want to change what you perceive to be a chubby look, and you happen to be in the bottom half of the bmi table already.... strength training while eating at maintenance is the answer.
  • Leaz947
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    There's always butter

https://youtu.be/CpmW9rZ4VMs

Butter is awesome, but is life.
    Having said that, I think that maybe eating butter on its own would be a bit sickly :p
  • Leaz947
    Options

If you want to improve your "chubby" look, I'd suggest first eating a lot more protein. Your intake is quite low. On your drastically low calorie intake, you're going to lose muscle. This will have long-term affects on your muscle mass. Also? Up your calories.

Additionally, retaining muscle while adding strength training to your routine might stimulate your appetite so you don't find it so hard to reach your goals. It will also help you look less "chubby" and leaner at a higher weight.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Saying all of that? I agree with RoxieDawn. I think, having read your other thread, that there are a lot of red flags around you and your relationship with food and your over all self-esteem.

I think you should talk to your doctor, and be honest about everything so you can get some help before this spirals out of control.

I don't really know how to access the medical service when it's concerning something such as dieting or medical health to be honest, the clinic which is registered as my GP only does on the day bookings and when I tried to call about something which wasn't a physical health issue they literally told me that they had more important things to deal with and to try another day, this happened 4 times...

It's the most convenient place for me to go, I don't have a car and they are literally across the road.
    Having said this, I'm thinking about doing that as I had breathing problems and went to them, they logged me off with some pills. Week later I got rushed to the A&E because I couldn't breathe because my throat swelled up. The doctor at the A&E highly recommended a camera down my throat, went back to my GP a day after and they literally told me that they couldn't treat me because of the NHS budget cut....
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

The other post has hundreds of comments and meanwhile I read them all, I still haven't had time to reply to all of them.
    I listened to their advice and I'm currently on a break from my boyfriend at the moment.
    Isn't diet soda quite bad for you? I have exchanged my normal soda for either water or diet soda but everyone keeps saying that it isn't any better than the normal version.

Why do you think it's bad? Always critique the quality of your sources. Being on the Internet or in a "Health" magazine doesn't make it true.

Is there any way to strength train without going to the gym? I don't really have the money for that.

Look into you are your own gym or convict conditioning.
  • Leaz947
    Options
    Have you considered drinking a protein shake? Premier Protein has 160 cal and 30g protein. Pre made so no hassle.

Maybe throw some extra butter on something.

I'd suggest eating at or slightly above maintenance while doing resistance training.

And your boyfriend is being a dick.

That sounds pretty good but I'm not sure if I'm doing enough exercise to have that, having said that I'll definitely try it out, thanks a lot!
  • Leaz947
    Options

My BMI atm is slightly above average, having said that, this is mostly about me and a confidence booster. I probably won't make it to my goal but the whole part is hopefully my body will look better and I will gain self-esteem from that and knowing that it was thanks to the hard work that I put into it.

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

It's the most convenient place for me to go, I don't have a car and they are literally across the road.
    Having said this, I'm thinking about doing that as I had breathing problems and went to them, they logged me off with some pills. Week later I got rushed to the A&E because I couldn't breathe because my throat swelled up. The doctor at the A&E highly recommended a camera down my throat, went back to my GP a day after and they literally told me that they couldn't treat me because of the NHS budget cut....

You seriously need to change your GP, I have had bad ones and good ones, my current one is all kinds of awesome. So you have to take a bus? Worth it for decent care.

As for protein shakes, they're just a way to supplement protein intake and calories and nothing really to do with exercise. They have that association because it's easier to drink excess calories and hit protein goals when you're struggling to do it through solid food.
  • goossenschan88
    goossenschan88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, I must say I have the same problem. Started with my diet and have to eat more than I ever did before. I want to lose 3 kilo so not that much but as I have to eat way more than ever before I want to ask if its okay to eat eventhough Im not hungry. I have to eat 1400 Calories and the everage that I eat now is 1200. Before my diet Even less and I still came weight. As told because my body wants to "collect" fatt as I didnt eat enough. And its hard to reach 1400 because I always eat healthy and diet - stuff. Does anyone else have this problem of not eating enough and therefore became Weight? It feels so unlogically.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Well, I must say I have the same problem. Started with my diet and have to eat more than I ever did before. I want to lose 3 kilo so not that much but as I have to eat way more than ever before I want to ask if its okay to eat eventhough Im not hungry. I have to eat 1400 Calories and the everage that I eat now is 1200. Before my diet Even less and I still came weight. As told because my body wants to "collect" fatt as I didnt eat enough. And its hard to reach 1400 because I always eat healthy and diet - stuff. Does anyone else have this problem of not eating enough and therefore became Weight? It feels so unlogically.

You'll be better starting your own thread, hijacking someone else's isn't really going to get you targeted advice.
  • Woodmouse1
    Woodmouse1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    VintageFeline losing weight and maintaining that healthy weight involves a change in lifestyle Eating milk chocolate bars is unhealthy in all sorts of ways, eating 70% dark chocolate in moderation is ok and even have health benefits
    Don t encourage others in poor eating habits just because you are struggling
This discussion has been closed.