New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The GNC guy gave me two cereal bars. He talked up the FitJoy peppermint so I bought one. It was alright. Walmart used to carry the LifeChoice mint high protein bar that matches taste and texture almost exactly. I also tried the waffle cereal bar. Definitely cereal bar style and a light maple flavor. Pretty yummy and would get again if I get a good deal.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the cereal bar reviews guys, didn't make it to vitamin shoppe today.

Trader-Joes-Pumpkin-Spice-Almond-Beverage-icon.jpg
    Tried this and was surprised how thick it was! I didn't expect it to be as thick as a smoothie almost. It was very good. It had a bit too much nutmeg for my liking and I think I would prefer the silk pumpkin spice although they discontinued their pumpkin stuff.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah One bars -I think I found a protein bar that is 1000x better than Quest (though I pay $2.99 per bar at 7-11. It's the only place I can find them).
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Oh Yeah One bars -I think I found a protein bar that is 1000x better than Quest (though I pay $2.99 per bar at 7-11. It's the only place I can find them).

yep love those bars
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

Expensive, but they are at Wal-Mart, GNC & Publix in South Florida.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Stock up on Black Friday or Cyber Monday!
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Stock up on Black Friday or Cyber Monday!

I'm saving a GNC coupon for that weekend.
  • tashalloyd330
    tashalloyd330 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Also this. 4ad3hrz6727e.png
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Meh I tried the Quest Cinnabon Beyond Cereal bar today (cannot gripe too much since it was free) & it was mediocre at best. At least in my opinion I could barely taste any sweetness & hardly detected any cinnamon (some of this could be due to the fact I have a cold).

I also bought & tried the Gingerbread Shake that @hgycta tried & didn't find it that appealing. I hardly noticed any Ginger flavoring & was disappointed. Maybe it would have tasted better cold, but definitely not a repeat purchase.

I asked the associate if they had any of the new winter Fitjoy bars, but she said they should be coming in soon.

I never had mine chilled so I don't think that would make a difference, that's a shame you didn't like it!

I went to GNC and the Vitamin Shoppe to pick up the free Beyond Cereal bar (Vitamin Shoppe said it was only the first 25 customers so I didn't get one), and GNC gave me the Waffle flavor. Just like LITERALLY every other Quest product to be released out of their labs it had more calories than the labs version, but I don't think it tasted any different. Nothing special, but I didn't like the Waffle flavor to begin with. In the labs the cinnamon crunch and chocolate were my favorite, so I'm surprised you didn't find it sweet because that's the very reason I liked it. Hopefully they didn't make it less sweet!
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    These. fdo7iabq0rut.png

Shame those are so expensive. Im waiting for a coupon or something. Too little in the bag for a close to 4$ price tag
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Green Giant veggie tots? I haven't found a store near me that carries them.
    Please review if you have tried them!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    These. fdo7iabq0rut.png

Shame those are so expensive. Im waiting for a coupon or something. Too little in the bag for a close to 4$ price tag

I tried the cauliflower ones and LOVED them!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love veggie tots but I'm too lazy to make them, lol. Hopefully they get on sale.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    joans1976 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Green Giant veggie tots? I haven't found a store near me that carries them.
    Please review if you have tried them!

I tried both the cauliflower and the broccoli and cheese. My boyfriend and I weren't crazy about the cauliflower. It was really plain and the center was like a mashed potato consistency. However, we both liked the broccoli and cheese. They are a little heavy but actually has chopped broccoli. Really tasty.

My friend had the cauliflower with me and she didn't think they were that good either, she said kinda like mashed potato not tater tots. (But she eats regular tator tots all the time lol)

I am a huge fan of cauliflower I can just eat it plain so that may be why I liked them so much. I dipped them in hot sauce and ketchup with lots of spices added.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll try to make room in my budget lol
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this? I saw it at Walmart while grabbing my weekly supply of Dannon Greek yogurt.

fthea8udqqsn.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »

Expensive, but they are at Wal-Mart, GNC & Publix in South Florida.

Do you mean Quest or OhYeah?