What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words, they're truly appreciated!

My little guy's name is Miles.

Sorry about your dog.

I spent the day at the hospital in emergency with my dad. We were in the area with terminal patients since he's dying because of his cancer.

Life gets put into perspective when one visits the emergency room.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Sorry about your dog.

I spent the day at the hospital in emergency with my dad. We were in the area with terminal patients since he's dying because of his cancer.

Life gets put into perspective when one visits the emergency room.

Wow. So sorry to hear that.
    My grandfather passed two weeks ago due to his cancer. Its such a horrible disease.

Grace and peace to you and your family.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with something similar, so my heart goes out to everyone dealing with a loss today. I lost a good friend and fellow disability supporter to cancer earlier this week. Nobody knew until the very end.
  • drivennightrunner87
    Options
    Losing more weight (as always)
  • synchkat
    Options
    slcruz24 wrote: »
    The last few days I've been wrecked with having to do this colonoscopy and truthfully the hardest part was the the 3 liters of Colyte I had to ingest. The good news is no colon cancer detected. I am a cancer survivor (Prostate) and anytime I have to go in for a routine cancer check-up I hope for the best! Cancer is a crazy disease that sees no age, race, color or origin. Be a friend to some that has cancer or someone who has a loved one with cancer because in many cases the affects of cancer is exponential! To all my MFP's that are one way or another affected by this horrible disease let's keep fighting! Men just like women and mammograms please don't be too proud to get a prostate exam it can save your life like it did me.

C-word fighter, C-word survivor!

Wow that's awesome and I can understand your fears going into any appointments. My dad is party in the condition he's in right now because he was afraid he'd have to have an uncomfortable procedure like he had when he had his cancer surgery. So now he's suffering in other ways.
    It's an awful disease but don't fear it...fight it!
  • Mrmiller0422
    Mrmiller0422 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I was just thinking about how sexist and intolerant it is that MFP has so many Help! My Boyfriend Is A Jerk And Is Mean To Me And He Says I'm Fat And Is So Controlling! threads.

Aren't there any men at MFP that have similar horror stories about their women who would like to finally admit to it?

That's why I have an ex
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    So many things but I am thinking about my brother and hoping his lawyer-who's happen to be one of the best in Chicago, can win his case and bring him back home us.
  • slcruz24
    slcruz24 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The last few days I've been wrecked with having to do this colonoscopy and truthfully the hardest part was the the 3 liters of Colyte I had to ingest. The good news is no colon cancer detected. I am a cancer survivor (Prostate) and anytime I have to go in for a routine cancer check-up I hope for the best! Cancer is a crazy disease that sees no age, race, color or origin. Be a friend to some that has cancer or someone who has a loved one with cancer because in many cases the affects of cancer is exponential! To all my MFP's that are one way or another affected by this horrible disease let's keep fighting! Men just like women and mammograms please don't be too proud to get a prostate exam it can save your life like it did me.

Wow that's awesome and I can understand your fears going into any appointments. My dad is party in the condition he's in right now because he was afraid he'd have to have an uncomfortable procedure like he had when he had his cancer surgery. So now he's suffering in other ways.

• slcruz24
    Options
    Great words! @Dont fear it, fight it!" That is so true. My dad is fighting two different cancers now and has beaten one already. Doctors tell him old age will get him before cancer!
  • slcruz24
    Options
    sw33tp3a_1 wrote: »
    So many things but I am thinking about my brother and hoping his lawyer-who's happen to be one of the best in Chicago, can win his case and bring him back home us.
    sw33tp3a_1 wrote: »

• slcruz24
    Options
    I hope he makes it home to you guys.
  • synchkat
    Options
    Great words! @Dont fear it, fight it!" That is so true. My dad is fighting two different cancers now and has beaten one already. Doctors tell him old age will get him before cancer!

Yay for your dad.
    Found out my 30 year old cousin has testicular cancer. Boooo cancer
  • slcruz24
    Options

Yay for your dad.
    Found out my 30 year old cousin has testicular cancer. Boooo cancer

• slcruz24
    Options
    Tell him to keep fighting. Did they catch it early?
  • synchkat
    Options
    Ya i think so.
    Funny thing is he works in cancer research.
  • slcruz24
    Options
    Ya i think so.
    Funny thing is he works in cancer research.

• slcruz24
    Options
    That's pretty awesome! Good for him.
  • synchkat
    Options
    He can cure himself :)