• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say: mascarpone.

That is all.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. Now that I like swiss cheese I think that I like every sort of cheese that is made. Except for the bland rubbery stuff.
    Some favorites

French goat milk feta
    Cabot habanero cheddar
    Boar's Head Chipotle Gouda
    Brie
    Any Really Sharp Cheddar
    Mild homemade paneer & mexican crumbling cheese

But really - the only ones I don't like are commercial mild cheddars and monterey jack (with one exception - Publix store brand Monterey Jack is buttery creamy delicious) and "Colby" because those are, in my experience, rubbery and tasteless.
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    If you are a fan of bleu cheese you CANNOT get better than Point Reyes. YUMMMMMM!!!!!!
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Goats' cheese, goats' cheese, going in my mouth, when days are hot, when days are cold, goats' cheese in my moooouth.

Christmas is a-coming which means CHEEEEESE. Anyone familiar with the Boxtrolls film? It's an actual depiction of me, please see below.

boxtrolls-portly-rind.jpg
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    Oh yes. Now that I like swiss cheese I think that I like every sort of cheese that is made. Except for the bland rubbery stuff.
    Some favorites

French goat milk feta
    Cabot habanero cheddar
    Boar's Head Chipotle Gouda
    Brie
    Any Really Sharp Cheddar
    Mild homemade paneer & mexican crumbling cheese

But really - the only ones I don't like are commercial mild cheddars and monterey jack (with one exception - Publix store brand Monterey Jack is buttery creamy delicious) and "Colby" because those are, in my experience, rubbery and tasteless.

You're my cheese sister. Earlier in the thread I said I basically liked all cheese but blander cheeses are much less interesting. The ones you listed as favorites are high on my list too, especially the pepper ones.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Humboldt Fog with a little green chile jelly is just... there are no words.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I love cheese SO MUCH and I don't eat much of it these days :( Gruyere is my favorite, followed extremely closely by Parmesean <3
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My love for cheese is pretty serious. I've been known to eat Parmesan right out of the container.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I want to try Halloumi!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Goats' cheese, goats' cheese, going in my mouth, when days are hot, when days are cold, goats' cheese in my moooouth.

Christmas is a-coming which means CHEEEEESE. Anyone familiar with the Boxtrolls film? It's an actual depiction of me, please see below.

boxtrolls-portly-rind.jpg

my nickname is fish so when i watched boxtrolls i was excited to see one was named fish! ahah
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well I grew up in France, so... gimme all the cheese.

This stuff was my favorite.

Charolais

Gosh I miss good cheap cheese.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I love cheese too. Hey I tried a Lay's potato chip smoky gouda flavor, it's good
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I just introduced hubby, who likes cheddar & bleu to Huntsman which is Gloucester & Stilton molded together. He was in love.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I actually tried a cheese recently I was not a fan of - Red Dragon. I don't want to say it was bad, but it had little flexibility. With the mustard included, it was good for sandwiches, good for stand-alone, but not much else (like omelettes).
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything but goat cheese (nasty nasty stuff) is good with me!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    Chèvre - pretty much any flavor variation. One of the most recent ones I had was a honey chèvre from Trader Joe's.
    Smoked Gruyère - I use it in grilled cheese sandwiches and a macaroni and cheese that's to die for.
    Cranberry Wensleydale - on crackers as a snack.
    Yancey's Fancy Steakhouse Onion Aged Cheddar Cheese - I have to be very careful with this stuff. So good. I can cook with it, but it usually ends up in my mouth, naked, in pieces. LOL

I think I need to stop there. I'm starting to drool and the cats are giving me a funny look.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything but goat cheese (nasty nasty stuff) is good with me!

woah woah woah... HOLD UP. How dare you discriminate towards goat cheese! Goat cheese is my favorite! Grilled raspberry, goat cheese and chocolate panini. That is all.

Goat cheese, smoked salmon, and beets salad. NOM.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    there is absolutely NOTHING that cheese does not make better!!!
  • JSaus13
    JSaus13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I *kitten* love cheese.

I'm with you!!!!!