Ladies who workout : what do you do with your rings?

Options

Replies

• Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I don't take my rings off for exercise, I don't need to take them off for running obviously, but for my kettlebell workouts, they are covered by my exercise gloves so they don't get damaged.
  • Pocket__Cthulhu
    Pocket__Cthulhu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't wear my engagement ring because I have a bad habit of breaking jewelry and I'm terrified of marring it, and my wedding band is titanium with inlaid wood. It won't break or ding or wear, but it does get really uncomfortable with a barbell in my hands.

I wear those leggings with the tiny and practically useless pocket over the rear, but they're useful for a wedding band!

Rainbowbow, hey now. Some of us just have freakishly small fingers. Mine's a 4 1/2 and I'm totes 'merican. I totally agree with the locker thing. I wouldn't trust it out of my sight, and it really isn't "high value" as far as rings go.
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    on my necklace.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I leave them in my locked car.
  • Athena_fit
    Athena_fit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for you answers! You got me thinking it might be silly to get a ring that I will have to take of almost two times a day (cooking and gym) + the fact that I will stress about it at the gym. I like the idea to put it on chain around my neck, I will look into that. Even with a plain basic ring I will have to do that...I still have to think about it.

Whatever i decide you convinced me to never wear it while lifting hehe!

Thanks again!
  • Jeannie3099
    Jeannie3099 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I leave it in the safe at home.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    It has never occurred to me to take my rings off when I lift. I do have small callouses but I would have those anyway since I walk with crutches and the callouses have been caused by holding the handles of the crutches. I don't do deadlifts, but I do free wights.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I'd be too worried about a gold chain breaking unless it was like Mr-T gold chain... I've broken many chains in my life, I don't even bother wearing necklaces anymore.

I mostly run for exercise, so I don't take them off for running, but since I started cross-fit when we lift heavy bars I'll tuck them into the waistband pocket of my leggings.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER wear my wedding ring to the gym. Gold rubbing against a barbell would absolutely ruin it. So I bought a cheap black wedding band that I wear instead.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Athena_fit wrote: »
    Thank you all for you answers! You got me thinking it might be silly to get a ring that I will have to take of almost two times a day (cooking and gym) + the fact that I will stress about it at the gym.

Are you talking about not getting a ring at all now?

Even before I started exercising, I took my rings off at bedtime and when I bathed. It's not a big deal to not wear your wedding/engagement rings 24/7.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER wear my wedding ring to the gym. Gold rubbing against a barbell would absolutely ruin it. So I bought a cheap black wedding band that I wear instead.

I thought this might be going in a totally different direction, lol.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Every metal known to man makes me itch. I had to stop wearing jewelry years ago.

Pity. I've shrunk back down to fit into my original size 4 engagement and wedding rings and now I can't wear them. (I wouldn't wear them to the gym.)

Do i just have sausage fingers or are our sizing systems different? I could have sworn i wear like double that size in rings.

Anyways, OP i would recommend wearing it on a necklace with you at all times. I don't trust putting my rings in my purse or in a locked locker. I know that might seem a little crazy but i'd rather have something so expensive with me at all times.

Not that i have a wedding ring, but i do wear a couple rings, earrings, and necklaces of high-value (sapphire, diamond, or amethyst) and I've had stuff stolen out of my locker and i've had my purse stolen before.

How tall are you? I'm really short and have tiny hands. I'm not so sure that I have a small frame because my shoulders are broad, but my wrists and hands and feet are really tiny. I wear a much smaller than average ring size because of this.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Thank you all for you answers! You got me thinking it might be silly to get a ring that I will have to take of almost two times a day (cooking and gym) + the fact that I will stress about it at the gym.

Even before I started exercising, I took my rings off at bedtime and when I bathed. It's not a big deal to not wear your wedding/engagement rings 24/7.

I agree with this. I wouldn't let gym time affect what ring you get. I could see your job maybe effecting it, like not wanting one that sticks out if you wear gloves, etc. You should get a ring you love!! And just show it love by not wearing it to lift weights, lol. I mean, technically you're not supposed to wear any jewelry in water and to bed anyway, right? Or at least that's what they said in the olden days, lol
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Every metal known to man makes me itch. I had to stop wearing jewelry years ago.

Pity. I've shrunk back down to fit into my original size 4 engagement and wedding rings and now I can't wear them. (I wouldn't wear them to the gym.)

Do i just have sausage fingers or are our sizing systems different? I could have sworn i wear like double that size in rings.

Anyways, OP i would recommend wearing it on a necklace with you at all times. I don't trust putting my rings in my purse or in a locked locker. I know that might seem a little crazy but i'd rather have something so expensive with me at all times.

Not that i have a wedding ring, but i do wear a couple rings, earrings, and necklaces of high-value (sapphire, diamond, or amethyst) and I've had stuff stolen out of my locker and i've had my purse stolen before.

How tall are you? I'm really short and have tiny hands. I'm not so sure that I have a small frame because my shoulders are broad, but my wrists and hands and feet are really tiny. I wear a much smaller than average ring size because of this.

I'm 5'4, I just checked and I wear a 6 apparently so nevermind. Still!
  • Athena_fit
    Athena_fit Posts: 55 Member
    Options

I agree with this. I wouldn't let gym time affect what ring you get. I could see your job maybe effecting it, like not wanting one that sticks out if you wear gloves, etc. You should get a ring you love!! And just show it love by not wearing it to lift weights, lol. I mean, technically you're not supposed to wear any jewelry in water and to bed anyway, right? Or at least that's what they said in the olden days, lol

Not no ring at all, just not such a flashy bling.
    I don't know, I still have to think about it.
    I really want it, but I fear its not at all practical for my lifestyle.

I'm might be less worried about a 800$ gold wedding band than a 5000$ diamond ring when taking it off at the gym (can't always go back home before going) . It's not even that big (0.3 carat) but for me its like a really a big deal! I guess with time i'll get use to it though and it wont stress me as much.

I will have to take it off and not loose it, no matter what. And that is challenge for me haha.

But yeah, I had doubts I could lift with it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for you answers! You got me thinking it might be silly to get a ring that I will have to take of almost two times a day (cooking and gym) + the fact that I will stress about it at the gym. I like the idea to put it on chain around my neck, I will look into that. Even with a plain basic ring I will have to do that...I still have to think about it.

Whatever i decide you convinced me to never wear it while lifting hehe!

Thanks again!

I take mine off all the time. It's not a big deal- you are no less married if you aren't wearing it.
    I take mine off at 5:30 and don't put it back till the next morning.

Not a big deal.

Buy your ring- enjoy it. Take it off and keep it safe- and then put it back on.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Not no ring at all, just not such a flashy bling.
    I don't know, I still have to think about it.
    I really want it, but I fear its not at all practical for my lifestyle.

I'm might be less worried about a 800$ gold wedding band than a 5000$ diamond ring when taking it off at the gym (can't always go back home before going) . It's not even that big (0.3 carat) but for me its like a really a big deal! I guess with time i'll get use to it though and it wont stress me as much.

I will have to take it off and not loose it, no matter what. And that is challenge for me haha.

But yeah, I had doubts I could lift with it.

I have alot of nice jewelry that my husband bought me. I don't see why you can't wear your special ring when you go out, or are not cooking or exercising--save it for special occasions.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    There are thes new bands made out of rubber or something for people with tough jobs etc they come in different colors as an alternative wedding ring to wear that won't bend break or lose stones. It starts with a q I think can't remember
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    There are thes new bands made out of rubber or something for people with tough jobs etc they come in different colors as an alternative wedding ring to wear that won't bend break or lose stones. It starts with a q I think can't remember

qaulo? qalo- whatever- IMHO they are stupid.
    Just a waste of money- and more importantly time/something else to keep track of in your day to day life.

just take your ring off and don't wear it- then put it back on.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

qaulo? qalo- whatever- IMHO they are stupid.
    Just a waste of money- and more importantly time/something else to keep track of in your day to day life.

just take your ring off and don't wear it- then put it back on.

And fugly*