DO NOT Gobble 'Til You Wobble Challenge!

Options

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    In!!
  • Boyer6605
    Boyer6605 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in too
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    64znyam33pks.jpg

You’ve probably heard the quote, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" You've likely heard it so many times that it has begun to lose its meaning. However, it’s not just a myth. There’s a reason that quote is so popular. Breakfast has numerous benefits for your body and mind.

Stable Energy Levels
    Eating breakfast can help get your day off to a good start and help you stay energized. When you sleep, your digestive system slows down. Many people eat lightly or skip food completely in the morning, eat heavier in the afternoon, and finish off with a big dinner (and dessert too). There is a problem with this strategy as it deprives you of food when you need it the most, which is in the morning. If you skip breakfast, your body stays in this slower state, slowing your metabolism and leading to weight gain.

Eating breakfast can help to jumpstart your digestive system. Consumer Reports agrees with the benefits of breakfast, stating, “Eating within 2 hours of waking can make a difference in the way you metabolize glucose, or blood sugar, all day. Your glucose level rises every time you eat, and your pancreas produces insulin to shuttle the glucose into your cells, where it’s used for energy. Research is finding that keeping glucose and insulin in the right balance has important effects on metabolism and health.”

Start Your Day Right
    Eating a healthy breakfast can refuel your body, and help you to eat less later in the day. When you skip breakfast, you are more likely to overeat later in the day. Consuming a healthy balance of carbohydrates, fat, and protein can fill you up, and satisfy your hunger.

Breakfast is not just an extra meal. It serves several purposes in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Need some healthy breakfast ideas?
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/art-20048294

No time to eat breakfast? Make a smoothie and drink on the run!
    http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/healthy-meals/heathy-breakfast-smoothies

Or mix up a batch of these freezable, healthy breakfast ideas.... REHEAT AND EAT!
    http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-recipes/10-healthy-recipes-freezer-meals

How can you go wrong with HEALTHY BREAKFAST COOKIES!? The mere word cookie, has me saying YES to breakfast! My kids LOVE when I make a batch of these and they get to have cookies and milk for breakfast.
    http://dailyburn.com/life/recipes/healthy-breakfast-cookies-recipes/

Are you normally a breakfast eater? Share what you typically eat for breakfast?

Your challenge for the day is EAT BREAKFAST!!!
    Jodie

Disclaimer: This program is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease.

The information provided in this program is for general educational purposes, has not been reviewed nor approved by the FDA and is not intended to take the place of advice from your medical professional, licensed dietitian or nutritionist.

You are solely responsible for your health care and activity choices. Participation in this challenge does not constitute a client-coach relationship.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm in
  • darvit207
    darvit207 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Done
    Today I had glass of orange juice & a bowl of oatmeal with banana
    I've been trying to have oatmeal with some type of fruit on most days. On weekends I'm more likely to whip up some scrambled eggs with green peppers & a little cheese on top
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Thank you!! I'm vegetarian, trying to be vegan...but that doesn't help much this time of the year...stuffing biscuits...vegetable casseroles...I'm just going to try to take it in moderation.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Oooh. I love breakfast!! I had one of my favorites for breakfast this morning, Special K Cinnamon Protein cereal and Silk Soy Light milk with black coffee. :smile: Thanks for the challenge!! This one was an easy one, but I'm sure they all won't be.
  • Syd43
    Syd43 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    This is just what I need....I'm in!
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Lucky for me, I do eat breakfast (only because I can't drink coffee on an empty stomach!).
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Had my normal baked omelettes in a muffin tin today. This one was easy :)
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    Options
    I love some of your breakfast ideas! I know if I over ate the night before, I'm not hungry for breakfast the following morning. That's going to happen on occasion, but I try to really be careful about my nighttime munching.

Congrats to all who completed today's challenge. These challenges should build upon each other, meaning tomorrow, try to complete BOTH the Day 1 AND the Day 2 challenge!

Be Well,
    Jodie
  • Syd43
    Syd43 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    I had breakfast today..2 eggs and toasted ezekial bread. A cup of heated lemon water first then coffee with skim.
  • BaseballMom2020
    BaseballMom2020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    8qo1qjcboa5m.jpg

This challenge is designed to focus on SIMPLE HABITS that will help you to not gain weight over Thanksgiving, transform your body and help you establish the balanced, healthy lifestyle you desire. I know change isn’t easy...I totally get it. Especially during the holidays....

That’s why I’m breaking things down step-by-step, to make this actionable but not overwhelming. This Challenge will help you stay on track, keep focused on your weight loss goals and feel your best... no matter how busy life gets from now until Thanksgiving!!!

Hi! I'm Jodie and I am a certified ACE Health Coach. I am overweight and I struggle right along with you. I know all too well the trials and tribulations of being overweight. I'm VERY PASSIONATE about helping others and know that SUPPORT and ENCOURAGEMENT are key factors in our weight loss journey! This is why over the next 10 days or so leading up to Thanksgiving, I will be issuing daily challenges, providing simple, easy to follow tasks geared toward keeping us on track! I hope you'll join me and be supportive, encouraging, comment, post tips and suggestions that work for you! We will have just 1 daily topic or habit that we will focus on each day.

Joining me? Are you up for a daily, simple, healthy challenge? Please be sure to comment or post "I'M IN!"

Feel free to send me a friend request!
    Let's NOT GOBBLE TIL WE WOBBLE this Thanksgiving!
    Jodie
    8qo1qjcboa5m.jpg

This challenge is designed to focus on SIMPLE HABITS that will help you to not gain weight over Thanksgiving, transform your body and help you establish the balanced, healthy lifestyle you desire. I know change isn’t easy...I totally get it. Especially during the holidays....

That’s why I’m breaking things down step-by-step, to make this actionable but not overwhelming. This Challenge will help you stay on track, keep focused on your weight loss goals and feel your best... no matter how busy life gets from now until Thanksgiving!!!

Hi! I'm Jodie and I am a certified ACE Health Coach. I am overweight and I struggle right along with you. I know all too well the trials and tribulations of being overweight. I'm VERY PASSIONATE about helping others and know that SUPPORT and ENCOURAGEMENT are key factors in our weight loss journey! This is why over the next 10 days or so leading up to Thanksgiving, I will be issuing daily challenges, providing simple, easy to follow tasks geared toward keeping us on track! I hope you'll join me and be supportive, encouraging, comment, post tips and suggestions that work for you! We will have just 1 daily topic or habit that we will focus on each day.

Joining me? Are you up for a daily, simple, healthy challenge? Please be sure to comment or post "I'M IN!"

Jodie
    8qo1qjcboa5m.jpg

Jodie

• BaseballMom2020
    BaseballMom2020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    Options
    rkj23aq1bg4h.jpg

Welcome to Day 2 of the Don't Gobble 'TIL you Wobble Healthy Habits Challenge.

How did it go for you yesterday?

Did you discover any new ideas for delicious, healthy breakfast options? No worries if you didn’t, but take a look at the recipe ideas I included to see if you want to try something new.

Today we are going to address physical activity. Before you cringe, and scroll past this post…just hang on with me for a minute here....

The most important piece of any healthy lifestyle is exercise. While diet is important, it can’t provide some of the same benefits as exercise. Making movement a priority in your day is key to establishing healthy habits. Plan your day around fitting in at least 30 minutes of exercise, at least 5 times a week. While it has obvious benefits for weight loss, exercise offers lesser known benefits as well.

Boost Your Mood
    Exercise can help boost your mood by increasing your endorphins. These “feel good” hormones flood your brain while you exercise, and continue for hours even after your workout has ended. Exercise has been referred to as a natural antidepressant. It doesn’t have to be high intensity either. Even low-intensity exercises have mood-boosting benefits. So start by just talking a WALK! New to exercise, start with a 5-10 minute walk and add 1 minute each day!

Improve Your Sleep
    Regular exercise can also benefit your sleep. It can help strengthen your circadian rhythms, which not only impacts your sleep but how refreshed you feel when you wake up. Psychology Today addresses the impact of exercise on sleep, stating, “A recent National Sleep Foundation poll found that regular exercisers were significantly more likely to report sleeping well on most nights than people who were not physically active. Research has shown exercise can help to improve not only the quantity of sleep but also the quality: studies show daytime physical activity may stimulate longer periods of slow-wave sleep, the deepest and most restorative stages of sleep.”

Make Small Changes
    Like anything else, exercise is a habit that is developed over time. Don’t be afraid to start small. If you can’t commit to 30 minutes of exercise at once, then break it down into smaller chunks. Just start taking steps to work towards 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. You will be benefiting your healthy lifestyle, and establishing new habits for years to come.

What type of activity can you commit to this week?

Live Healthy,
    Jodie

P.s. These challenges should build upon one another so make sure to complete BOTH Day 1 and Day 2 Challenges!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    First off...I'm in! I totally forgot to post that part hah! For the first challenge, I've been trying to get breakfast in every morning lately. I am diabetic and if I skip, I notice that I feel much worse by lunch and wind up just going whole hog (which means eating fast food and way too much of it!!). So I try to either get in a yogurt with granola, or eggs. Today was a banana and a cutie. I didn't realize that someone ate the rest of my yogurt LOL!!!

On the physical side, I will be starting DDPYoga in the morning for at least 5 days a week. And I'm going to try to get in at least 30 mins of walking on my lunch on good days or days where I don't have 80 other things to do during lunch. LOL
  • tag2013
    tag2013 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've been in the routine of exercising 6 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes per day for the last 2-1/2 months (hoping to make this a permanent lifestyle change). I exercise on Mon, Tue, Thur and Fri mornings for 30 minutes before work. I've been taking Wednesday morning as a rest day. On Sat and Sun I try to get in a minimum of 60 to 90 minutes per day, if weather permits on the weekends I try to get outdoors for a change of pace. We have a nice little gym set up in our home with treadmill, elliptical, recumbent bike, Nordic track, a small weight and yoga area. We've both used that equipment on and off over the years and are hoping that we've both turned a corner together in making this a permanent lifestyle change. I feel very fortunate that my boyfriend is super supportive of my journey for 10 years now.

Thanks Jodie for your motivational words here......you're going to make a great health coach!!

Terry :)
  • Kfletch1959
    Kfletch1959 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hope I'm not too late. But I'm in
  • crystalc33
    crystalc33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A little late but I'm in!

I just started forming good habits using the fabulous app which I highly recommend. Its not a fix all but it got me to start and keep a few good habits and keep them already. (Keeping them is always the hardest part)

My breakfast usually consists of oatmeal with a tsp of brown sugar, whole wheat toast with1 serving of jelly or butter and sometimes I add in a hard boiled egg or some apple.

When I read about a healthy breakfast I always seem to skip the protein part of it. Do you have any ideas for protein or what kinds of things do you guys eat to balance it all out?

For exercise, I have been doing some arm weight exercises and push ups for 8 mins every morning. On Mondays and Thursdays I have been running a mile first thing in the mornings and ride my bike to school one day a week as well.
    I feel like I have to start small and work my way up, because when I have done exercise for 30-60 mins everyday in the past I have always started strong but get tired and end up completely stopping after a week or two
    So my hope is I can start small and work my way up to more exercise so I don't get discouraged.

Good luck everyone!
  • darvit207
    darvit207 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Done & Done! I did 16 minute cardio HIIT chair workout this morning & 20 minute on the stationary bike at lunch. Still can't walk because of the sprained ankle. Normally walk 3 to 4 days a week. Breakfast today was oatmeal with a little bit of raisins.