What's your breakfast? under 300 calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• cwalbrj
    cwalbrj Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm a working girl, so quick and easy is my style in the morning ! I usually have a Lean Pocket. Another favorite is a 100-cal english muffin toasted, 4 slices of lean ham (60 cals) heated in the microwave, with a slice of fat-free cheese (30 cals). 190 cals total. Hot, filling and delicious.
    Either way, I heat up what I'm going to eat, wrap up in a napkin and eat on my way into the office. It works. For mid-morning snack I usually will have a fat-free Yoplait yogurt . I'm still at or under 300 cals by lunch time. :blushing: Joni
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    This morning...

Thomas - English Muffins - Multi-Grain Light, 0.5 muffin 50
    Bolthouse Farms - Strawberry Banana Fruit Smoothie, 1/3 cup
    Bananas - Raw, 0.5 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)
    Dannon Light and Fit - Vanilla New Taste, 0.33 cup
    Jif - Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 tablespoons 95

277 cals total. I make smoothies with the fruit juice, banana, and yogurt. I made a small one this morning to save calories for a snack - cookies! hehehe
  • krush
    krush Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    2 eggs scrambled with my favorite veggies...spinach, mushrooms, and diced green chiles and a sprinkle of lowfat shredded cheese with 1 slice of Ezekiel bread.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of cereal, too. I like Fiber One cereals - especially the new frosted shredded wheat! 200 cals for 1 cup, but has tons of fiber and is really filling.

Raisin Bran, Cracklin Oat Bran, Kashi Go Lean Crunch, you name it! I keep a box of Cocoa Puffs in the house at all time for a light chocolaty snack (or dessert even!)

Hmm, fruit salad is nice - dip it in vanilla yogurt.

Toast, homemade ham/egg/cheese english muffin sandwiches.

Hashbrowns are surprisingly low in calories.

I eat a lot of different things. Just be sure to measure the portions!
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm having a good time with plain yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, with either granola or Kashi cereal (today I used the harvest wheat one).

Great options posted today!
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Luckily I have the healthy dining commons right downstairs but I had whole wheat blueberry pancakes today. They were good and very healthy.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    i am doing the special k diet... so i have a serving of Special K Yogurt and Fruit Ceral and 2% Milk. Its about 240 Calories. I love it. I also switch back and forth to the Red Berries as well

I USE TO EAT SPECIAL K TOO BUT IT IS SO EXPENSIVE! So I had to start eating eggs and toast and turkey sausage links, egg sandwichs, and now I bought Raisin Brand cause it was on sale + 1.00 off!
  • abillings9
    Options
    One whole wheat english muffin toasted with 1 Tbsp p.b. and 1 Tbsp strawberry jam. I put it together like a toasted pb&j sandwich..
    265 cals total.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    light n fit yogurt
    original fiber one cereal mixed in
    a banana
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I make myself a little "picnic" and eat it when I get to work.

Hardboiled egg (80)
    Ounce of really good quality blue cheeese (100)
    5 Carr's Table Crakers (70)
    Some berris or grapes (50)

300 calories. Since I used really potent stinky blue cheese a little is all you need and the high fat content keeps me satisfied.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    edleim: I love making "breakfast picnics"! I have noticed I do this quite often. I sometimes eat small portions of several different foods for breakfast.
  • missida
    missida Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks everyone I loved all the responses good ideas for breakfast thanks.
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    1 pkg Oatmeal (regular flavor)
    1/2 C. 1% lowfat milk
    Sliced up small Fuji apple in it
    1/4 Tsp. brown sugar
    Hot tea

I'm addicted to this breakfast!!!!!!!!!! :smooched:
    Options
    1 scrambled egg with 1 oz. of cubed ham put it on a reduced fat flatout bread 1 slice of cheese. Roll up and enjoy. 240 cals
    OR
    1 breakfast bar 90 cals.
    1 pkg of instant oatmeat made with water 130 cals
    total cals. 220
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Package of banana bread oatmeal, 1/2 banana chopped into it, 1 TBSP walnuts or pecans, 1/4 cup skim milk. 298 calories

Package of cinnamon or maple & brown sugar oatmeal, 1 TBSP raisins, 1 TBSP almond slices, 1/4 cup skim milk 270ish calories

2 egg white, 1 whole egg omelet made with mushrooms, onions, green & red peppers, and 2 slices Oscar Mayer redi-serve bacon, sprinkled with fat free cheese. About 250 calories

Fruit parfait made with berries, bananas, kiwi and lowfat yogurt, sprinkled with Kashi Go-Lean. About 200-250 calories

Kashi Go-lean (1 cup) with skim milk, berries or bananas. About 225-250 calories