How can l loose weight with 2 kids??

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Right now my weight is 182 and l have two daughters?? How can l do some exercise from my house??

You can exercise by swimming, walking, hiking, biking, doing DVDs or active video games, playing outside with your daughters, climbing, running, skipping, dancing, doing calisthenics, etc.

You can lose fat by eating less than you need to maintain your weight.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Holy derail Batman. :noway:

Baby

Baby baby

Baby baby baby baby baby baby

Ovary twang

How are you? How was it? How's the gorgeous little one?

(Now that lady is a derail @Chef_Barbell)

:laugh: She's great and I am feeling good. :)
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it difficult at times myself, and I only have one child. But one thing that has helped me exercise more - taking the dog for a walk with my daughter (unless my hubby is home, then she'll stay home). Not sure how old your kids are, but one thing my daughter enjoys is gymnastics/stretching, so we'll sometimes do Pilates or easy yoga together. Also, there's lots of videos available online or even DVD's/VHS tapes at the library.

Another option (if this is feasible), is to take a walk while doing errands. Whether there are business within walking distance from your home, or parking farther away when you go to stores, you can get some additional steps in that way too.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    I'm finding it difficult at times myself, and I only have one child. But one thing that has helped me exercise more - taking the dog for a walk with my daughter (unless my hubby is home, then she'll stay home). Not sure how old your kids are, but one thing my daughter enjoys is gymnastics/stretching, so we'll sometimes do Pilates or easy yoga together. Also, there's lots of videos available online or even DVD's/VHS tapes at the library.

Another option (if this is feasible), is to take a walk while doing errands. Whether there are business within walking distance from your home, or parking farther away when you go to stores, you can get some additional steps in that way too.

People still have VCRs? :laugh: :huh: :noway:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

V.....C......R?
    :noway:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

V.....C......R?
    :noway:

My daughter was reading a book recently and stopped to ask me what a VCR was. My husband piped up to say that he bought me one as a gift when we were dating a million years ago. :smiley:
  • angelana867
    angelana867 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yes sometimes l go for walks because one has 2 years and the second has 5 months, l do my best and l don't like excuses. Sometimes l go for hiking every third day.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Right now my weight is 182 and l have two daughters?? How can l do some exercise from my house??

Being that you have chosen to repost AngelAna, without responding to those who'd actually attempted to make suggestions, will I request the following:

Height:
    BF %
    How many months postpartum:
    Activity level:
    Are you eating off of your girls plates?
    Your typical day's menu?

ETA: Appreciate that you have additional information above my post.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If your youngest is 5 months, I am going to guess that you are still getting up in the night a lot. I would say continue to walk/hike when possible but prioritize diet and sleep.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    If your youngest is 5 months, I am going to guess that you are still getting up in the night a lot. I would say continue to walk/hike when possible but prioritize diet and sleep.

Agree with this post.

Are you nursing your little girl?

• akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You just have to be a little creative to exercise with little ones. I tend to run on the treadmill while my twins nap (they are 14 months ) and my 3 year old watches a video. But, recently I joined a challenge and was given the task of hiking 4 miles outside. I thought about making an excuse but instead I figured out how to do it. Luckily, I could break it up into chunks. I live in the middle of Alaska so I bundled us all up. 3 year old and one twin went into 2 sleds with pull ropes and the other twin got bundled into a front carrier. It was actually great fun and while I probably won't do it tomorrow as the temperature is supposed to drop into negatives, I will be doing it fairly often to get us out into the fresh air!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    WOW.... some of these comments in here. SMH.... Sometimes people just want to exercise to feel good. Calorie deficit has not a thing to do with getting in some exercise time for health and sanity. I have not seen "excuses" mentioned, or any complaint. JUST a simple question asking for advice in exercising from home. It is these types of assuming and judgmental responses that drive people away from these forums. Does anyone think before posting an answer? I assume not. That being said......

And, who are you to scold? ;) Point that finger out and there are always three more pointing back at you. That being said....

The title, a question, is "How can l loose weight with 2 kids??", and then the question is furthered with how to get more exercise.

Answer to the OP: all you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit. No exercise is actually necessary. However, if you would like to exercise, have you thought of looking on You Tube for videos, or taking the kids for a long walk, or just turning on the music and dancing around with them? You can also do other exercises while they nap, or have significant other (or family member, friend) babysit them while you go do your preferred exercise.

I might ask you the same question! When people post for advice there is no need for the nasty comments and judgement. A simple question should not be met with an arrogant and condescending attitudinized. If a person doesn't have constructive advice why comment? SMH....

Nah...I didn't scold. ;)

The advice I see has been constructive. Therefore, since you see things differently, constructive is in the perception. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Wiggymommy wrote: »
    I'm a single mom of two kids, finishing a bachelors degree in business management (graduate in december and it's not online) and working 30 hours a week and I find time to lose weight! By the way kids are 5 and 4 so not grown enough to help. I bought a cheapo elliptical and a 10 food scale and now that I am ACTUALLY interested in losing weight it hasn't been that difficult. It isn't easy either but before I sprained my ankle (which is nearly healed) I woke up at 5 in the morning to work out before they were awake. You can do this! Think of how healthy you want to be for your babies! It's a great motivator

You, I like. You are very inspiring. :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Wiggymommy wrote: »
    I'm a single mom of two kids, finishing a bachelors degree in business management (graduate in december and it's not online) and working 30 hours a week and I find time to lose weight! By the way kids are 5 and 4 so not grown enough to help. I bought a cheapo elliptical and a 10 food scale and now that I am ACTUALLY interested in losing weight it hasn't been that difficult. It isn't easy either but before I sprained my ankle (which is nearly healed) I woke up at 5 in the morning to work out before they were awake. You can do this! Think of how healthy you want to be for your babies! It's a great motivator

You, I like. You are very inspiring. :)

Agreed.
  • Debster634
    Debster634 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Debster634 wrote: »
    My thoughts as well. This is exactly why I seldom post. Someone asks a simple question and the hyenas circle. Insulting someone by insinuating that they are unmotivated is just hurtful. She is looking for suggestions so that she can find something that works for her own situation. Kindness and understanding go a long way. We are all trying to obtain our own goals; that's why we're here.

A bit extreme I would think especially since OP hasn't come back and made clear exactly what the problem is.

• Debster634
    Debster634 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    No, not extreme at all considering all of the attacking that is being done here! Very sad.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    Debster634 wrote: »
    No, not extreme at all considering all of the attacking that is being done here! Very sad.

Seeing as how the OP wasn't offended, maybe you should white knight somewhere else.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    If they are very young, get a double stroller and walk with them. Find a jogging path or use sidewalks. If you have the means, lots of gyms have childcare available.
    If they are older maybe take them walking or hiking. I make it interesting for my 5 yr old by making a list of things to look for on the hike (shiny rocks, colored leaves, flowers, etc). There will be lots of stopping but you can walk in place during stops.
    I got a Fitbit Flex a year ago and find that it helps push me to get more steps. I park farther away from the grocery store, etc.
    find a playground that you can get exercise in while your kids, do too. You can do body weight squats, push ups (on ground or against a bench), chin ups if there are bars, lunges, planks.
    Also, if it's really, really difficult to exercise with the kids (it really can be. My kid wants to be with/in me 24/7) trade babysitting duty with a friend who also wants to exercise (or just take a nap). Seems like another parent wouldn't mind having an hour to themselves to exercise, too. Good luck!
  • likeahelicopter
    likeahelicopter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Run aboot with them baith under yer arms.