5 months of no results

Options

Replies

• czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't eat exercise calories back, I eat about 1400-1500 total calories every day.
  • KWlosingit
    KWlosingit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My fitbit is pretty much spot on for my totally calories including exercise. My exercise is pretty much just walking 10,000-13,000 steps per day. I eat every calorie it give me.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I don't eat exercise calories back, I eat about 1400-1500 total calories every day.

Hmm then it seems that's your maintenance calories and to lose weight you'll need to drop it down lower.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Or exercise more
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yeah most likely daily calorie goal set too high or eating back too much exercise calories. I honestly wish people would just throw away their fit bits.. it always way overestimates calories.

My Fitbit One is spot on for me. I've had a fitbit since the company started so I've played around with it a lot and found it to be very accurate for me.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    @czechwolf52 , you received a couple requests to make your diary public for review, and should consider doing so.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Diary is still closed...

Can't even give a reasonable explanation or conclusion for someone that has been dieting for 5 months and no results without reviewing the diary..
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yeah most likely daily calorie goal set too high or eating back too much exercise calories. I honestly wish people would just throw away their fit bits.. it always way overestimates calories.

Mine doesn't, mine is pretty much spot on. It's not an HR one.
  • czechwolf52
    Options
    Diary is open. i thought i did it yesterday.
    Eat less or move more. It really isn't hard.

I know the basics of weight loss. I've lost weight before using this method but it's not working for me now. I've maintained before at 2000 so 1400 shouldn't be maintaince for me
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I just took a quick look at two days. There are a number of "slices" and "pieces" and other non-weight items in your diary. Those items really should we weighed, first of all. It may seem tedious, but those items may be throwing off your Calorie counts.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell as there's cups, oz and grams in your entries, are you weighing calorie dense items such as meat on a food scale?

When did you last see a loss on the (people) scale?
  • czechwolf52
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I just took a quick look at two days. There are a number of "slices" and "pieces" and other non-weight items in your diary. Those items really should we weighed, first of all. It may seem tedious, but those items may be throwing off your Calorie counts.

I assure you that I weigh most everything and look at serving sizes. For example, the sargento cheese slices has a serving size of 3 slices but I only had 2 of them, or .67 servings. I also know things like meat "shrinks" when it cooks so I make 3 cooked ounces a serving. If I eat at home I weigh everything, unless it's individual slices or wrapped.
  • whyzgi
    whyzgi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You started lifting weights for the first time and you've been training intensely for some time now. Is it possible that you're gaining muscle faster than dropping fat?

Did you take any biometrics upon starting with the personal trainer? % body fat, body part measurements? How do they compare from then until now?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I assure you that I weigh most everything and look at serving sizes. For example, the sargento cheese slices has a serving size of 3 slices but I only had 2 of them, or .67 servings. I also know things like meat "shrinks" when it cooks so I make 3 cooked ounces a serving. If I eat at home I weigh everything, unless it's individual slices or wrapped.

Individually wrapped items can be off by 20% by USDA guidelines. You really need to weigh EVERYTHING in grams and log it as such. With the small deficit, this can be a killer.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Yeah - you really should weigh those items. There was a thread a couple of months ago where the woman finally decided to weigh the prepackaged food she had been eating and found the weight listed on the package was nowhere near the actual weight - the Caloric total was muuuuuuuuch higher.

One individual item - such as a slice of cheese - being off? Probably not going to be a big deal. But several items? That could easily add up. And since you're not losing weight, that's the easiest thing to verify.
  • czechwolf52
    Options
    It's hard to tell as there's cups, oz and grams in your entries, are you weighing calorie dense items such as meat on a food scale?

When did you last see a loss on the (people) scale?

Consistent weight loss? Months. I was making process in May and I had one weekend where I had 4 parties in 24 hours and I gained 2 pounds overnight. I knew I ate over my a goal, but I didn't even eat anywhere close to 7000 over maintenance. In late June/early July when instarted working out with a trainer more I was losing about .75 pounds a week eating 1500. My trainer wanted me to cut to 1300 to speed up weight loss and then my weight went up a few pounds. My weight went from 149-147-151. Now it's hoovering around 148.5.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    The story about the shrinking cooked meat being logged as 3oz. Does this mean you're eating prepared meals from other sources not prepped by you? I have no issue with this, but since you're not losing you might consider making all your food yourself for maybe about two weeks just so you can log 100% accurately and see how that affects the scale