Lean Cuisine...too lean for me

Options
Lean Cuisine doesn't satisfy my hunger. Leaves me craving for more. I wonder if there is a microwavable less than 500 calorie dinner for me and my hunger.

Replies

• Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine doesn't satisfy my hunger. Leaves me craving for more. I wonder if there is a microwavable less than 500 calorie dinner for me and my hunger.

Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers is really good and filling. I know what you mean, I got a mac N cheese Lean Cuisine once, I was so hungry I was shaking, and when I was done with it I was still shaking
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I like the shrimp Alfredo Over broccoli with sriacha. Not great on protein, but filling at 300 cals
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I second the greek yogurt suggestion. I eat Fage total 2% the extra fat in it is very satiating and at 120 calories per individual tub combined with a Lean Cuisine my lunch is still under 500 calories every day. Sometimes I also add an apple or some berries and its still about 500 calories. I find myself very full and can last the rest of the afternoon.
  • yvettesarts
    yvettesarts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I order meals from Freshly. They have lots under 450 which is my meal limit and even more under 500. Much better quality than anything frozen at the grocery store.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I find Cafe Steamers even less satisfying than Lean Cuisine. Those Fit Kitchen meals, though... *drool*
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I find Cafe Steamers even less satisfying than Lean Cuisine. Those Fit Kitchen meals, though... *drool*

You could eat a banana with it
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »

You could eat a banana with it

I could eat lots of things with it. :neutral: Veggies, for instance. Bananas would be dead last on my list of things to eat with a lean cuisine or any other frozen entrees. My point is, they don't do it for me on their own. Especially the cafe steamers. To me, they're 2nd in lack of satiety only to that Michelina's nonsense.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    We eat microwavable dinners similar to Lean Cuisine (only less expensive!) ... WITH a huge pile of veggies. That works for me. :)
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they'd fill you up, but they may be the most delicious microwave meals I've had. I think they're filling.

https://www.kashi.com/our-foods/entrees/kashi-entrees-sweet-potato-quinoa

https://www.kashi.com/our-foods/entrees/kashi-frozen-entrees-black-bean-mango
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I like Evol meals, they carry them at Target and a few at my grocery. They have some different options like chipotle chicken Mac n cheese or butternut squash and sage ravioli. I would compare them to Amy's.

I also buy lean cuisine and healthy choice steamers. I get precooked sliced chicken strips ( or make them myself when I'm meal prepping) and add extra chicken to the lighter meals , or get a salad from my work cafeteria to supplement.
  • tommytorpedo
    tommytorpedo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    :)
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Boston Market frozen dinners taste pretty good, and there are quite a few hearty dishes under 500 calories. Adding some frozen green beans always helps too. (Keeps me from making way too many mashed potatoes and eating them all.)

Also, Stouffers regular meals are pretty good and honestly not way more calories than their Lean Cuisine options - lasagna is under 400, and you could add a substantial side salad or vegetables.
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hey, you could try what I do: just put everything on a bed of lettuce. If it's a rice dish, a lasagna, or a ravioli, whatever. I am vegetarian, so my frozen "meal" is usually a veggie patty or veggie riblets -> I put them on a big bed of lettuce to make them more filling, sometimes I will also add a little vinegar (and sometimes hazelnut oil) to spread out the flavor.