I can't lose weight

Options
So I've been on the fitness road for a year or more now, from fad diets to healthy eating, from not exercising to start lifting some weight & do HIIT workouts but I just can't lose the weight even tho my body have physical change in sizes, waist thigh and hips dropped a few inches but I'm just still in the same weight. I don't know whether this weight is my "happy weight" or just my habits that make it hard to lose the weight.

Replies

• madisontaylor892
    madisontaylor892 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    It could be water weight! (You can disregard my water pill)
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Losing inches equates to a loss. How much weight do you need to lose?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Hello! Have you tried taking a water pill? It could be water weight!

Disregard the diuretic part but it could be water weight. Please don't abuse/ take unneeded medication!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

OMG!! No!!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options

Bad information. You have no idea how much the OP needs to lose and even so diuretics are not a healthy way to lose weight.
  • myselfdemon
    myselfdemon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i quit smoking and alcohol and just started exercising after a long long time..!! 220LB now.. target 200 by year end! Lets see!! :smile:
  • ArvinSloane
    ArvinSloane Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    None of the things you mentioned in your OP were counting calories. Have you tried counting calories?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is about eating fewer calories than you burn. How do you measure how many calories you eat?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    None of the things you mentioned in your OP were counting calories. Have you tried counting calories?

This. OP, are you calorie counting? That's the most important thing for weight loss.

OP... your post history is quite concerning...
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10439664/ate-bad-this-week
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10466512/what-should-i-do

You don't seem to come back to answer questions, either. :/

Also, your profile states that you're obsessed with the number on the scale as well as heavy restricting. Have you been to see a doctor?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've tried a whole bunch of things, how long have you stuck at any of them for?

And I see you have a bit of concerning history - have you tried taking a deep breath, trying to move away from the obsession with the scale and just eating for health?
  • cerise_noir
    Options
    hangyeeee wrote: »

I've tried ofc I've lowered it down till 1200 before it doesn't work it only make it light headed and no energy for my workouts
    If you felt light headed, then why did you drop your calories so low? How long did you count calories for?

What is your age, current weight, goal weight and height? What do you do for exercise, and how long/often? We can help you set the proper calorie goal..

And yes, counting calories DOES work if it is done accurately (weighing all food and logging constantly). There is no one in the world that counting calories doesn't work for.
  • ArvinSloane
    edited November 2016
    Options

I've tried ofc I've lowered it down till 1200 before it doesn't work it only make it light headed and no energy for my workouts
    If you felt light headed, then why did you drop your calories so low? How long did you count calories for?

What is your age, current weight, goal weight and height? What do you do for exercise, and how long/often? We can help you set the proper calorie goal..

And yes, counting calories DOES work if it is done accurately (weighing all food and logging constantly). There is no one in the world that counting calories doesn't work for.

Started since last year November. I'm 17, 50kg and 166cm.
    I've up it till 1800 now. I usually do HIIT, strength training and cardio for 60 minutes minimum

Here's a thought--you're already at a quite low weight, so my advice is to stop worrying so much about the number on the scale. If you want to improve your body composition (look more "toned"), keep up the weight training and keep eating around 1800 to fuel your workouts.

Since the number on the scale seems to be getting you down, I'd start paying more attention to other metrics that more accurately reflect your goals such as strength and endurance numbers, measurements, or whatever works for you.

Think of it this way: If you were able to do the things you want to do and look the way you want to look, but in return it meant your scale weight might not change or might even increase...wouldn't that be a fair trade-off? So focus on the goals that matter to you, not some arbitrary number that no one but you knows.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

I've up it till 1800 now. I usually do HIIT, strength training and cardio for 60 minutes minimum

At 5'5" and 110 lbs you sound underweight. I am 5'6" with a target weight of 135. Are you sure this weight is healthy for you?
  • ArvinSloane
    Options
    You CAN lose weight, but not until you start burning more than you are consuming. This thread can go for ten pages, but that simple fact isn't going to change. If you're not weighing out food then you don't really have any idea what you're consuming.

Yeah, but the OP doesn't need to lose weight and could even stand to gain a little.
  • cerise_noir
    Options

You are already at a healthy weight, and....unfortunately, mfp is for 18+.

Eat at maintenance and continue lifting heavy.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

Have you talked to your parents and/or your doctor about your weight loss goals? At 17 you are still growing and you seem to have unrealistic weight goals. You are also too young to be using this site.