New Year's Resolution and Goals... how are you doing?

Options
So, how is everyone doing on the 2016 New Year’s Resolutions or your goals for 2016.
Me, not so much this year…. But I’m not quitting…. In fact, I’m looking forward to what 2017 and making my goals now.

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Actually, my New Years resolution is still sticking. Down 55 pounds and going strong. Now...for 2017, quit smoking. Keep up your positive attitude and 2017 will be your year!
  • Getfitat54
    Getfitat54 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

That is GREAT!!!! A true inspiration.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I don't even remember what they were.. so I'm guessing that means I didn't hit my goals. :D
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I lost 63lbs since last year so that was exciting. I got lazy this summer, but im back at the grind and hope to loose another 20 by Jan 1st :)
  • Getfitat54
    Options
    I don't even remember what they were.. so I'm guessing that means I didn't hit my goals. :D

Love the honesty. WIth that being said... maybe we should not only set annual goals, but maybe monthly goals as well.

• Getfitat54
    Options
    I lost 63lbs since last year so that was exciting. I got lazy this summer, but im back at the grind and hope to loose another 20 by Jan 1st :)

WOW, lofty goals, but you are on the right track!!!! Keep pressing on.... If you've come this far.,.. you can bring it on home.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I never make New Years resolutions.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Getfitat54 wrote: »
    So, how is everyone doing on the 2016 New Year’s Resolutions or your goals for 2016.
    Me, not so much this year…. But I’m not quitting…. In fact, I’m looking forward to what 2017 and making my goals now.

My 2016 New Year's Resolutions included saving a set amount by the year's end, decreasing my OCD tendencies and squatting 200 lbs. (in addition to making a more regimented fitness routine).

I'm proud to say that for the first year EVER, I hit (or came close to hitting) all of my goals. I can squat 200 lbs., easily lift 5-6 x week and have completely changed the composition of my body, decreased my OCD (for the most part) and ALMOST got to the savings amount that I wanted (had to buy a new car so that was a set back). Excited to see what 2017 brings.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I'm doing with regards to my main resolution to lose all my excess weight, but I think I'm doing well with the others. Among other things, I've promised myself that I'd:
    Draw nearer to my Higher Power (going well)
    Read more (been slacking but will catch up)
    Be more assertive/stand up for myself (could be better but I can't complain)
    Find a better life-balance (still not found but I'm thinking about it)
    Think positive (has been hard due to a current medical challenge, but I'm working on it)
    I set some big goals that I think I could carry on/should try again next year, but I'm pleased overall.
  • Getfitat54
    Options
    @peaceout_aly congratulations lady. That IS awesome. I'm excited to hear what you have set for 2017 and watching you hit those goals as well. Keep on keeping on strong till the end of the year..... only 43 more days.