What were your weird pregnancy cravings?

Options

Replies

• tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    With my first,(my daughter, almost 19 years ago) an aversion to red meat for the first four months or so just the smell of it made me want to hurl. I liked bagels w lox cream cheese, tomatoes and onion a lot.... AND had never had that before. It's weird, (she doesn't like red meat to this day)My second, (my son 16 years ago) I craved smoked oysters, and sardines in mustard sauce on saltines .I haven't eaten a sardine since... AND LOTS of red meat, and cheese. He made me sick when I Smelled chicken for awhile, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE chicken. He's still a big meat and cheese eater , and loves seafood...
  • MyWeigh58
    MyWeigh58 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Butter tarts and Clamato juice. Together.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Sour jaw breakers...I could eat a whole bag in one sitting! I'd chew them till the sour was gone, then toss...my boxer Sadie would scoop it up and chew a little more! Good times...

Edited to add, my 25 yr old daughter now has cravings for sour stuff too, as does my granddaughter!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    LOBSTER

Yum! Although mybIb said no more than 1-2 servings of seafood a week.

Yes, I probably shouldn't have had as much as I did. A shop selling $10 1-lb lobster with baked potato had just opened in my neighborhood, and I went several times a week. :o
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I loved cheesy dip and nacho chips. I usually don't eat that. What surprised me most during pregnancy was my food aversions. I hated beef gravy and mashed potatoes. I also hated beef stew.

My new favorite dish is actually a cheese dip (ricotta, cheddar and mozzarella) with chips. Haha.
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Meat and milk. That was all I could eat. Every meal was basically a double cheeseburger with no bun and I drank 2 gallons of milk per week.

Wow! I could never drink that much milk.
    My mom craved tires when she was pregnant with one of my sisters. Tires. Like, the rubber things that go round and round.

Wait, what?!? Like chewing on them??
    Not mine, I've never been pregnant, but my cousin craved melons in the middle of winter last year. It was one of those things that we only get seasonally. Her poor husband spent the better part of the day searching from mall to mall to find ANY kind of melon. He finally did, it was 6x the price and it wasn't even ripe. She sprinkled some salt on it and ate it.

What a good husband!

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Not me but my mom, she craved a specific type of food with me and my siblings and ate it everyday all day. With me she only craved spicy mexican food. She ate chimichangas and tacos chips and salsa literally everyday of her pregnancy.... guess what my favorite food is? Mexican and anything spicy.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I had aversions because I was so nauseated. Especially foods that do not come back up well. I couldn't eat rice again for years. Yuck.

I lived on very cold iced tea mix for months.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Loaded Pizza Margherita and Double Dutch ChocolateTalenti Gelato.

ETA:
    * My sister's was Vanilla Pastry Cream Puff & tonnes of broccoli salad [no dressing].
    * Our mum's - Tomato juice
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Nothing. I had aversions because I was so nauseated. Especially foods that do not come back up well. I couldn't eat rice again for years. Yuck.

This was me as well.
  • elphie754
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

This was me as well.

I can only drink things that are iced cold right now. Anything warm and I feel nauseous and bring it back up. Been sticking with decaf iced mix, Sprite Zero and diet rootbeer
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I had an intense craving for cold beer and a pear when I was near the end of my pregnancy. After a few days I ended up buying some O'Doul's and going to town.

I also craved pinto beans once (weird because I loathe pinto beans), cooked an enormous pot of them, then didn't want them and left them to mold for two weeks because I couldn't face them. Pregnancy was a sexy, sexy time for me, I assure you.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    French fries with dill pickles and anything with jalapenos. I never liked jalapenos before pregnancy and now, 16 years later, I can't get enough of them.
  • alyangel123
    alyangel123 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My first was mc donalds fries, pepsi and burgers which is funny as all he'll really eat well these days is pizza annnd burgers. My 2nd was red wine which was cruel lol
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    My mom craved tires when she was pregnant with one of my sisters. Tires. Like, the rubber things that go round and round.

She said every time she drove by a mechanic or someplace with tires out front, she wanted to stop and take a bite out of one.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Cobb salad and fruit by the foot
    I had never eaten an avocado before pregnancy and never a huge salad eater but I really wanted salad often.
    There were more foods I couldn't face eating than foods I craved. I went off pizza for awhile.

Dd has grown up hating salad and vegetables. Loves fruit and candy though.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Sticky toffee pudding and garden peas (not together though) I would literally just eat a tin of garden peas with either gravy or tomato ketchup then sticky toffee pud for afters.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    "Weird" cravings? None. But I always wanted Chinese food.
  • winterbutterfly4
    Options
    Vinegar
  • elphie754
    Options

She said every time she drove by a mechanic or someplace with tires out front, she wanted to stop and take a bite out of one.

Lol. I think she wins the weirdest craving.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Vinegar
    As in just vinegar?