Hundred Pushups Challenge for 2009! (January)

Options

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Okay I decided to test today and skip day 3 last week. I did 67 push ups on my test and should be on level 3 on week 6 but I think I might just move up to level 2. Kind of a confidence builder. Two weeks ago I did 50 push ups so I am glad to see such an improvement!
    Alright see you all on Monday!
    MM
  • Forpar
    Forpar Posts: 23
    Options
    Okay I decided to test today and skip day 3 last week. I did 67 push ups on my test and should be on level 3 on week 6 but I think I might just move up to level 2. Kind of a confidence builder. Two weeks ago I did 50 push ups so I am glad to see such an improvement!
    Alright see you all on Monday!
    MM

Way to go, MM.
    I repeated week 4, day 2, level 3 again but was still short by 6 on that last set. I rested 10 seconds and then finished, but I'm going to repeat that workout until I do it w/o a break.

Talk at ya'll next week.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    MM, you're such an inspiration! Up to 67!! I know I can do this to, but it does take time to build up.
    Forpar, I'm with you on repeating till you can do it. I'm on my 3rd week of week 4. The first week was level 1. Last week I started at level 3 and on my second day moved down to level 2. Today I am starting with level 2. Then I'll decide at the end of the week if I'm going to move to level 3 or test and try to move on to week 5.

So today was week 4, day 1, leve 2
    18 this isn't bad
    22 still not bad
    16 I'm feeling it
    16 I'm feeling it and maybe not liking it
    at least 25. I only got to 24! I could not get that last one out!
    Maybe it's my fear of crashing down on my face!
    But I will be back on Wednesday working past my fears!

I hope you all have a good day!
  • MISSTERI
    Options
    :tongue: I am on day three of the you suck at push ups and I am doing it. Girl style and all. I can barely bend my arms but I am doing it. So there. Ha.
  • keiko
    Options
    :tongue: I am on day three of the you suck at push ups and I am doing it. Girl style and all. I can barely bend my arms but I am doing it. So there. Ha.

YEAH:drinker: that's what counts! You are doing it:smile:
  • abullock
    abullock Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Let's here it for progress!! I am on week 2 day 1 of the "I suck at push-ups but oh my goddness I am actually improving" challenge.
    30 - what the @#$@ - I did 30!!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Way to go everyone! Awesome progress! :bigsmile: I am proud of all of you!

Well, I just about bombed out on week 6 level 2 day 1. I hate Mondays. lol. I made it through but I took a longer break before the last set and I didn't get down as low as I should have.
    50(just about wiped me out)
    51(min50)
    I really don't want to have to repeat this week. We'll see how the next two work outs go.
    MM
  • Forpar
    Options
    I can see that I'll be staying with week 4 for awhile.
    30 (min 36)javascript:add_smiley('cry','post_body')

...and I haven't figured out how to post those emoticons yet either. CRAP!
  • keiko
    Options
    I have a question for MM or anyone else who is doing both challenges and wants to give me advice on if this is bad. I feel like I'm wasting time when I'm resting so I did a set of pushups then a set of situps and repeated that though all my sets. Is that a bad thing? Should my rest be just resting? I don't like watching time tick by. Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Today is week 4, day 2, level 2
    20 This is the set where it starts to get hard
    at least 28. I got to 20 took a 20 sec break and then finished the last 8.

I'll be with Forpar doing this week again!
    On the emoticons. I just leave my curser there and then click on one:happy: then start typing again. It types out the word here but when it posts it magically puts the little face up for me. I wonder about all the pretty sparkly ones people use. Maybe someday I can figure those out.

I hope you all have a good Wednesday! See you in Sit ups land!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    kinda fell asleep on the pushups last week-- life ran over me--

Try to get back on track today-- week four, to some degree.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Forpar and keiko, I had to do week four over and over again, so don't get discouraged! You'll get through it!
    Keiko, I have thought about doing the push ups and sit ups sets intertwining but I haven't yet. I don't like laying there either. It takes about 30 minutes to get through them both. I can't remember on what week but the rests get shorter, and the purpose of that is to prepare you for doing one hundred consecutive. So if you are doing sit ups between push ups, you probably aren't finishing your sit ups in the 45-60 seconds allowed in between sets. So you are ending up giving yourself longer rests between sets, which might slow you down in your progress for consecutive push ups. Does all that make sense? It is tempting to do them all at the same time so I understand why you'd want to.
    Marla, good to see you again. Some times it's just not possible to get the work outs in but it's good to see you didn't quit altogether!
    Alright I'm about to do mine. I'll be back in a bit to post!
    MM
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hi MM-- how are you?

I've been doing pushups, just haven't been able to get the 3x a week in. Must get back to it, though-- don't think I'll ever get to 100, but I'll die trying.
  • keiko
    Options
    Thanks MM, I've never looked ahead so I had no idea about the shorter rests. I guess I'll have to rest, which is not a bad thing. Just don't want to be wasting any time.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Marla, I'm doing good thanks! Just busy busy! Not enough time to do everything I want to.

I wasn't much in the mood to do these today. I messed up and started out on level 3. lol But I went back to level 2 on the third set.
    1&2 22(s'pose to be 20)
    3&4 23
    5&6 20
    7&8 18
    9 60 (min 53)
    Waiting between push ups isn't so bad. I do get bored with the sit ups though. I'll be glad to finish that challenge. Better get to it!
    MM
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ... I guess I'll have to rest, which is not a bad thing. Just don't want to be wasting any time.

Keiko,
    I use the "rests" to do stretches instead - I'm like you ... I just can't do nothing! And the stretching seems to help me do better anyway.
  • Forpar
    Options
    Another disappointing attempt at Week 4, Day 2 :
    21 (rest) + 12 more.:huh:

But you're right, MM, ya gotta repeat and JUST DO IT! So I'll be back here on Saturday.

keiko: thanks for the tip on the :tongue:
  • keiko
    Options
    Like I said on the sit ups thread, I am glad it's Friday. Saturday is the only day I sleep in so I look forward to it all week. Sometimes I'm still up close to the same time but it's knowing that I don't have to get up and do something right away that makes it special.

Well I finished week 4 again. I'll be doing it again next week! I'm going to be excited because about 6 weeks ago I could only do a few push ups. Look what I'm doing now!
    Week 4, Day 3, Level 2
    at least 33. I did 15 rested and did the other 18.

This was hard again. But compared to 6 weeks ago I feel really good. I'm not going to beat myself up because then I will be tempted to quit.

I'm thinking that when summer comes this with the weights I'm doing will give be nice arms & shoulders for short sleeve season. I won't be one of those womem complaining about their arms.

I hope you all have a great weekend! We are supposed to get to 30F, that is going to feel really warm! Might get to go out for a walk with my dog:glasses:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Ow! Week 6 Day 3 Level 2:
    1&2 22
    3&4 30
    5&6 25
    7&8 18
    9 61(min 55)
    I started feeling it by the 5th set. By set 9, it was hurting and I was just pumping them out as fast as I could! I think I will try to go through the program again after I am done and work on getting down lower. I'm so close to the end that I don't want to push too hard and hurt myself.
    Forpar, don't be disappointed (although I have been there myself a few times). It will get easier (week 4 that is) and you will get stronger! I bet you are already seeing a difference.
    And yes Keiko, you will have great arms by summer! :happy:
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    By the way, look for a new thread on Monday! Hundred Pushups Challenge February! If I don't get it started, please feel free to start it!
    I will try to test this weekend also. Tomorrow I will be painting so it may be Sunday when I test. I hope I don't forget again!
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I got mixed up on what day it was! New thread starts tomorrow!