Did I over excercise?

Options
Hi guys,
So normally since I have classes during the week I plan to take fitness classes over the weekend and normally on sundays. Some weekends I do soul cycle, some Zumba, some yoga. This weekend however since I was home and my mom wanted to workout with me, I did a lot....first on Saturday I ran a 5k turkey trot and my calves started killing me. Last night I performed in a dance concert and my calves pain affected me a little. This morning I woke up and went to the gym with my mom and we did high intensity cross fit. All day I was super motivated and determined to get a ton of steps on my Fitbit and for some reason I just didn't sit down all day and was constantly walking around, even when watching tv and doing homework. Then, I went to pure barre at 4. I struggled in class today because it worked a lot of the same muscles as crossfit this morning. I also ate generally very healthy all day and was way under my calorie goal (not on purpose, I just wasn't that hungry). I don't feel bad now or anything but I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow morning. I didn't even realize how much I had done until after barre! Is this unhealthy?

Replies

• luv2shimmy
    luv2shimmy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Unhealthy? Not necessarily. However if you're not used to doing that much, and you suddenly ramp up the intensity/amount of exercise, you do risk injuring yourself. I'm currently nursing a soleus tear because I increased my run mileage faster than my body was ready for me to increase. I think a day or two of being under your calorie goal isn't that big of a deal, but I'd be concerned if it became a pattern, especially if you're combining it with that sort of increase in activity - that's just going to compound the possibility that you're going to injure yourself.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    So normally since I have classes during the week I plan to take fitness classes over the weekend and normally on sundays. Some weekends I do soul cycle, some Zumba, some yoga. This weekend however since I was home and my mom wanted to workout with me, I did a lot....first on Saturday I ran a 5k turkey trot and my calves started killing me. Last night I performed in a dance concert and my calves pain affected me a little. This morning I woke up and went to the gym with my mom and we did high intensity cross fit. All day I was super motivated and determined to get a ton of steps on my Fitbit and for some reason I just didn't sit down all day and was constantly walking around, even when watching tv and doing homework. Then, I went to pure barre at 4. I struggled in class today because it worked a lot of the same muscles as crossfit this morning. I also ate generally very healthy all day and was way under my calorie goal (not on purpose, I just wasn't that hungry). I don't feel bad now or anything but I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow morning. I didn't even realize how much I had done until after barre! Is this unhealthy?

if its a once in awhile thing sure, but if you are exercising like this everyday and ending up in negative calories due to the exercise,then no its not healthy.just make sure you get a rest day in at least.make sure you are fueling your workouts and you should be fine.
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water! It will help with the muscle soreness
  • luckyenebelis
    luckyenebelis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Take it easy and no your limits.be mindful of long term complications.goodluck
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Ramping up intensity and volume, add in no rest, you surely are gonna be hurting some. Unhealthy? that's a vague question... Its unhealthy to under eat and exercise like this every single day..

In the short term, just give your body time to rest and recover..