What Protein Shake Powder do you Recomend?

13»

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    How about soy protein isolate? I notice that not even one person mentioned soy protein isolate powder only whey.

Isolate tends to be much more expensive than just whey, and the last one I tried had a very off-tasting vanilla flavor. The only real reasons you'd prefer isolate over whey is if you're trying to get a pure protein source without the excess phosphates and potassium usually found in whey/milk, or if you're lactose-intolerant.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    xvolution wrote: »
    How about soy protein isolate? I notice that not even one person mentioned soy protein isolate powder only whey.

Isolate tends to be much more expensive than just whey, and the last one I tried had a very off-tasting vanilla flavor. The only real reasons you'd prefer isolate over whey is if you're trying to get a pure protein source without the excess phosphates and potassium usually found in whey/milk, or if you're lactose-intolerant.

Wasn't she asking about soy protein?

Actual isolate is still made from whey. On my container it says "100% whey protein isolate"
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    edited September 2016
    Isolate means the protein has been isolated, rather than just concentrated. Both soy and whey protein can be isolated. A protein isolate has the most protein per gram. It's almost pure protein. My unflavored whey protein isolate is 25g protein for a 28g serving.
  • thrivelevel
    thrivelevel Posts: 1 Member
    You were given several great product reviews! Which one did you decide to go with?
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member

The reason I try to stay away from soy products is the increase chance of breast cancer from consuming too much soy. I have a strong family history of breast cancer so try to stay away from soy because of this.