What would you make for a bake sale?

2»

Replies

• kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    Fudge. Fast, easy, portable, make in the microwave, tons of recipes on Pinterest, sells like hot cakes!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Thanks for the ideas! I'll ask the bake sale coordinator what they need and otherwise probably go with brownies...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,474 Member
    I used to make this melt-in-the-mouth oatmeal square. So delicious.

Not remembering the recipe is actually probably a good thing because the two things I do remember is that they were so easy to make, and they had a whole lot of brown sugar. If I did remember the recipe, they'd probably be appearing on my counter ... and then quickly disappearing ... each week.

Anyway there are a lot of interesting and different squares and slices out there. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I used to make this melt-in-the-mouth oatmeal square. So delicious.

Not remembering the recipe is actually probably a good thing because the two things I do remember is that they were so easy to make, and they had a whole lot of brown sugar. If I did remember the recipe, they'd probably be appearing on my counter ... and then quickly disappearing ... each week.

Anyway there are a lot of interesting and different squares and slices out there. :)

Yeah but it has to appeal to kids, lol. There'll be parents there too but yeah, probably mostly kids.

Also, it probably should be nut free.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited November 2016
    in Ireland we make a lot of various 'tray bakes' they are basically a no cook treat that always go down...a treat :smiley:
    e.g Millionaires slices/ Malteser Squares/ Snowballs/Naniamo bars google any of these for recipe on BBC good food website and you'll see how easy they are to make :smiley:

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Actually, if you aren't into baking, here's another idea: just popcorn. Microwave popcorn, even. Pop some popcorn and put them in individual plastic bags. "Big" pint-sized bags are really good. Kids like popcorn, it's cheap to make, easy, and if the popcorn looks like the "biggest" thing on the table, kids tend to gravitate to it. Plus, it can be pretty healthy--and not all kids are big into sweets.

Another idea is drinks or juice boxes. They tend to sell well and require little prep.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Rice krispy treats always go fast. Bonus is they're fairly cheap and easy to make in large batches. You can sprinkle some colored sugar on top if you want to make them festive.

I would eat the entire try. No doubt.
    http://butterlustblog.com/2013/07/29/party-in-your-mouth-rice-krispie-treats/
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »

I might have to make these for my husband and kids this week to see if they are worth making for cookie exchange because mah Gawd they look good
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Just saw this on my Facebook page. Decorated apple pops. Kids would LOVE these:
    http://www.delish.com/cooking/videos/a49257/how-to-make-apple-pops-video/
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    I usually make one tray of vegan chocolate cupcakes- one bowl pantry ingredients (oil, cocoa, flour etc). I saw they were surprisingly popular due to kids that are non-dairy. Plus they are delish for all people! I just do a dusting of powdered sugar on top. Easy peasy.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Anything with Bacon
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    I would make something I like, but didn't want huge amounts sitting around the house. Snag a serving or two for yourself (like cookies) then you have an easy way to get rid of the rest!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    I made this for work at Hallowe'en -- it's a great gingerbread recipe (I've made it many times over the years), especially with a lemon glaze.

http://madaboutmaida.blogspot.com/2012/12/moosehead-gingerbread.html