What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    nk you
    Bit of a long one . . . .

I've had a pretty rotten few weeks with life in general and my health specifically to a point whereby it's been affecting my exercise patterns, including a daily 30-mile cycle ride. The poor weather/shorter days haven't helped much either :/ This has been really annoying me as I'd got into a good routine until all of the problems started and has been thinking of changing things up to become more challenging (and fun - well, for me anyway :) ).

Today however, I finally bucked the trend. The rain had stopped by midday (and none forecast for the rest of the afternoon) and even though it was freezing cold, and very windy, I got my bike out and started out on my usual ride, knowing that I had enough time to complete it whilst there was still plenty of light.

I'd got to the halfway point and I'd really had enough. It was so cold and I was going slower than usual due to the wind and also because I'm a bit out of practice. I had reached the point of "no return" on the ride - turning left meant I'd have to cycle 10 miles further than turning right. Turning left is what I'd usually have done without thinking about it but over the last few weeks I've been using any excuse to turn right and head for home, meaning a 20-mile route instead of 30 miles.

I found myself trying to find an excuse to turn right. We needed some shopping - but I had time to complete the ride before the shops closed. I was cold - so what, I'd warm up again. I was tired - but I could rest when I got home. I was going too slowly - so what, at least I was out there doing what I needed to do. I had a pile of laundry to do - again, so what, I could do it later. The wind was making things difficult - well, it wasn't going to hurt me to go a bit slower, even if I had to put more effort in.

So, after all of these arguments with myself, some of which were really quite persuasive, I found my resolve and turned LEFT (straight up a very steep long hill, the type where you shove the bike into a really low gear and peddle like crazy).

I am so glad that I did turn left and completed my ride. I would have felt that I'd cheated myself had I turned right. And although I was absolutely freezing cold when I got home (and have only just warmed up some six hours later), and had to go straight out again to get the shopping, it feels really good to be back in my routine again. Next time will be easier and I won't even think about turning right.

I am buzzing!

Needed to read this today! Thanks!
  • LemonadeCandy_
    LemonadeCandy_ Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    RNamd23 wrote: »
    I built up the courage to start a YouTube channel about my weight loss journey. I love YouTube and it's a hobby I've thought about picking up for a long while, and I finally got brace/confident enough to do it.

What's your channel? I wanna follow- if you're comfortable sharing, that is!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!