Protein

Options
2»

Replies

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cottage cheese (or both mixed together), chicken, eggs, beef, fish, dry roasted edamame, Quest/Oh Yeah/Atkins bars. I swear I am the reason why my local grocery store has to have a huge aisle dedicated to Greek yogurt and cottage cheese.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. Offhand I'd guess that 70% of the food items I consume have at least some protein.
  • SteveWolf66
    SteveWolf66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Turkey is great!! Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Eggs, meat, and a daily protein bar*, primarily.

* I figure that if I'm going to want something sweet to snack on, it might was well be a 200ish Calorie bar with 20ish g of protein, as opposed to a 250+ candy bar with maybe 4 g of protein.

I could add protein bars. My calories goals are low so I tend to look for the lowest calorie options. I do love them though. I drink at least one protein smoothie every day.
    Picked up a protein mix of beans, lentils, and such today in the frozen section to add to my morning egg white omelet. I try that. Love all the great ideas! Most I do, just probably not enough.
    My diary is open too and I am open to suggestions from anyone that may know more than me.
    Happy Thanksgiving
  • Steelpit202
    Steelpit202 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My main protein sources are chicken, eggs, cheese, greek yogurt, milk, beef, fish, protein bars, and whey protein powder. I do sometimes wonder if maybe I'm going a little too high, though. I've recently been going over 1g/lb of bodyweight (I weigh ~142 and I'm trying to bulk). My average has been ~150ish grams or so.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    johunt615 wrote: »
    Sludge made with casein, two types of yogurt, FF cream cheese, and other miscellaneous additions to make macros work.

Can you give it a better name then "sludge"? :) The recipe sounds good but the name not so good:).

Nope. That's what it's been called since 2009. Seriously, that's the name you need to search if you want to find the good recipes. Do a Google search for Sludge Eating Now, and read through those threads on bb.com. Some of those guys get borderline Martha Stewart with this stuff, and the results are amazing. All of my recipes and ideas for it have been poached from there and modified to fit my needs.

The original sludge was just PB, protein powder and water. It's come a long way in the following seven to eight years.
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    Sludge made with casein, two types of yogurt, FF cream cheese, and other miscellaneous additions to make macros work.

Can you give it a better name then "sludge"? :) The recipe sounds good but the name not so good:).

Nope. That's what it's been called since 2009. Seriously, that's the name you need to search if you want to find the good recipes. Do a Google search for Sludge Eating Now, and read through those threads on bb.com. Some of those guys get borderline Martha Stewart with this stuff, and the results are amazing. All of my recipes and ideas for it have been poached from there and modified to fit my needs.

The original sludge was just PB, protein powder and water. It's come a long way in the following seven to eight years.

The name is gross, but I am open minded enough to try it. Can't wait for my husbands response when he asks me what I'm making!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

The name is gross, but I am open minded enough to try it. Can't wait for my husbands response when he asks me what I'm making!

Just call it protein sludge, and it seems to lose some of the "ew" feeling.
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    Lol I can do that! I just want to see his face when I say I'm making sludge! It would just be funny!
  • chiplee22
    chiplee22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    protein shake ( casein ) , greek yogurt, fish, chicken, gluten free granola for a snack
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    chiplee22 wrote: »
    protein shake ( casein ) , greek yogurt, fish, chicken, gluten free granola for a snack

What kind of granola? I haven't found any very high in protein.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I'll do Martha Stewart if Snoop Dogg's around to help:).

Ok I will google Sludge but man sounds yuckie.

ETA - Ok there is pancakes and biscuits and gravy looking stuff on there. Hummmm
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    On a typical day it's chicken, whey, milk, & miscellaneous (in that order). A couple days per week I'll sub out some chicken for steak or a 90% lean burger or sub out the whey in my breakfast for eggs.

Totally what I was going to say.
    Greek yogurt too.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Greek yogurt

Morning snack: almonds

Lunch: usually tuna

Afternoon snack: hummus and vegetables

Dinner: beef, chicken, pork or fish.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

I'll do Martha Stewart if Snoop Dogg's around to help:).

Ok I will google Sludge but man sounds yuckie.

ETA - Ok there is pancakes and biscuits and gravy looking stuff on there. Hummmm

Yeap, that thread has a lot of variety in it. I've also learned that with the addition of egg whites and baking powder, most sludge recipes can be turned into awesome things like brownies, cookies, pancakes, etc.
  • chiplee22
    chiplee22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    the gluten free granola is UDI'S GLUTEN FREE GRANOLA It is found in the gluten free section of supermarket. I use it as a snack
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    I'll be looking for that granola. Thanks!
  • jattardi
    jattardi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like protein bars. I tried Quest bars for a while but they're gross. PowerCrunch bars are really good, though.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    jattardi wrote: »
    I like protein bars. I tried Quest bars for a while but they're gross. PowerCrunch bars are really good, though.

I've actually considered getting some of those to break up and use as a topping for my sludges. I've never eaten one, but they LOOK like the texture should be more what I am looking for. Luckily, if they work well for it, my local Walmart carries like ten different flavors of them.