What were your weird pregnancy cravings?

13»

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Meat and milk. That was all I could eat. Every meal was basically a double cheeseburger with no bun and I drank 2 gallons of milk per week.

Wow! I could never drink that much milk.

I highly suggest that nobody try to drink that much milk. I ended up with kidney stones.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Not mine, I've never been pregnant, but my cousin craved melons in the middle of winter last year. It was one of those things that we only get seasonally. Her poor husband spent the better part of the day searching from mall to mall to find ANY kind of melon. He finally did, it was 6x the price and it wasn't even ripe. She sprinkled some salt on it and ate it.

I craved cantaloupe something fierce in the middle of winter when I was pregnant with my daughter. I never did find it. I also craved fish and pasta ... with no fat whatsoever... with her and later on, mashed potatoes.

When I was pregnant with my son, for the first trimester, the only three things I could eat were Swiss cheese, coleslaw, and strawberries.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Meat and milk. That was all I could eat. Every meal was basically a double cheeseburger with no bun and I drank 2 gallons of milk per week.

Wow! I could never drink that much milk.

I highly suggest that nobody try to drink that much milk. I ended up with kidney stones.

Oh no!!!
  • Smaya29
    Smaya29 Posts: 106 Member
    Watermelon and twinkies
  • elphie754
    Smaya29 wrote: »
    Watermelon and twinkies

I also have been craving watermelon and grapes
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member
    Dirt! I craved dirt with my last pregnancy! The smell of fresh dirt made my mouth water!
  • elphie754
    Dirt! I craved dirt with my last pregnancy! The smell of fresh dirt made my mouth water!

Lol. You would get along great with the person who craves tires.

Not trying to make fun or or judge, just find it funny.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    edited November 2016
    I had really bad aversions and morning sickness until about 5 months then I just wanted Manhattan clamp chowder for a few weeks. But for my entire pregnancy I craved ice. I ate bowls of it like a meal. I especially lovedd the crushed ice from 7-Eleven. Found out my iron was low and once I started taking supplements it went away. Otherwise I wish I did because I didn't really eat a lot. I missed out...lol
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Oh, how could I forget this one! With my daughter towards the end, it was the hottest summer and I was so uncomfortable. I made popsicles with Welch's frozen concentrate. And snow cones. And more popsicles. And more snow cones. My lips and tongue were always purple. I couldn't get enough of the stuff.
  • elphie754
    Oh, how could I forget this one! With my daughter towards the end, it was the hottest summer and I was so uncomfortable. I made popsicles with Welch's frozen concentrate. And snow cones. And more popsicles. And more snow cones. My lips and tongue were always purple. I couldn't get enough of the stuff.

Those sound amazing!!!!! And now Ii want grape juice lol.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Strawberry smoothies and salad with chicken, craisins, and Gorgonzola.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    I had tons of morning sickness, but bizarrely, i desperately craved homemade chips with melted cheddar cheese and piles of jalapeños. But it had to be already made, had to be homemade chips that were still a little greasy, and so many jalapeños that I could barely see the cheese and chips underneath. This local place made them like this, and I would come in every day for a few weeks to get some.

But trying to make them myself didn't work. If I saw or smelled uncooked cheese, or chips from a bag, I would get so nauseated I would vomit. Heck, I would vomit from saltines. But this mass of corn, grease, and spiciness was perfectly fine. So funny. :-)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Nothing weird but I craved spaghetti all the time and probably ate it 5 days a week. I would plan something else for dinner and then call my husband as I left work to ask "How does spaghetti sound for dinner?" Fortunately he likes spaghetti.

A relative craved KFC coleslaw during her pregnancy. Her husband joked about stopping at KFC for a bucket of coleslaw for his wife.

My aversion was the smell of Subway restaurants.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,423 Member
    Too funny - I could only gag down Subway plain turkey sandwich on white bread. And Denny's mashed potatoes. No other brands of sandwich or potatoes, or the smell of any other food, really. Probably why we only have one child.
  • JDx3OD
    JDx3OD Posts: 1 Member
    Salt and vinegar fries/wings, fried pickles and sour skittles.
  • misschip1983
    misschip1983 Posts: 67 Member
    I've had constant changing ones 6 weeks it was ready meals , 8 weeks jacket potatoes with cheese , 12 weeks chips and cheese and jam doughnuts , WK 13 mince pies and this week it seems to be cheese and crackers . x
  • zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Watermelon ...cold watermelon was my craving. My pregnancy was quite boring as I craved fruit. Lol.

I couldn't stand the smell of eggs though which I love. Couldn't drink plain water either as it made me nauseous so I used to put citrus in it ...lime, lemon or orange wedges for flavour or herbal and fruit teas.