Can not lose weight

Options

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    The convincing comes with the science to back it up.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    There is clearly no convincing my fitnesspal users of anything other than CICO. I really hope you guys see the light one day...I truly, truly do because I really want everyone to be healthy and free of sickness and disease but if GMO''s, hormones and pesticides make you happy feel free to pump you body with these toxin.

We base our knowledge on science... And, most of us were once where you were. It was my Dietitian who helped me see the light of nutrition and science. There are a vast number of knowledgeable mfp-ers who have a science background, and I trust their knowledge as there is proof to back that knowledge up.

And, I am healthy, but thanks... I choose to enjoy the rest of my life with a few small pleasures (and some huge ones! ;) )
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I realize that my aim in my posts is to never make anyone feel wrong about what they believe. My aim is to shed light on a topic in a manner that leaves people feeling informed. If I can help one person understand I'm happy. I understand that people may be opposed to seeing things differently but it is important to see toxins and their effects on the body so that you can be the healthiest person you can be. Here are a few links that I quickly Googled and skimmed based on requests for information.

Proof of toxins in food
    http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/3101043

How the body elimintes toxins
    https://www.google.ca/amp/issels.com/publication-library/information-on-detoxification/amp/

Toxins make you fat
    The body has four main exit routes for toxins: pee, poop, perspiration and pranayama (Sanskrit for breath).
    http://drhyman.com/blog/2012/02/20/how-toxins-make-you-fat-4-steps-to-get-rid-of-toxic-weight/

LOL...this is seriously the "proof" that you came up with??
  • ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Even though the argument Antoinette is trying to make is pretty much all BS, the main point he/she was trying to make is correct. CI/CO will make you lose weight, but it won't ensure you are healthy. If the OP is eating the right calories but nothing but junk food, you will still lose weight, but are going to struggle in other areas of your health. It is important to eat proper nutrition along the way, still want to get your veggies and proteins in the mix.

Arguing about GMOs is pretty pointless, no one has any claims they are as bad as people say, but I also don't believe they are harmless like many sources claim either. Just like cell phone waves, I think we're all guinea pigs right now and who the heck knows how it will end up. But to argue that sickness and disease only exists because of this is pretty funny, considering how many major historical famishes, outbreaks and illnesses are on record from people back before all this new form of gmos, hormones and pesticides existed. I would rather take the risk of these causing futures in the problem to prevent the things causing known problems in the past.

Your body doesn't need cleansing of toxins. It doesn't need more apple cider vinegar to ensure proper ph balance. You need to eat the right amount of energy to fuel your body without storing extra, and make sure you get a good amount of things like iron, vitamins, proteins and fats. That's it.
  • ericwhitt
    Options
    @singingflutelady I didn't really say anyone was, just adding my 2 cents to the debate. Since so many people just say CICO and nothing else, it really needs to be expanded to a balanced diet CICO.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    ericwhitt wrote: »
    @singingflutelady I didn't really say anyone was, just adding my 2 cents to the debate. Since so many people just say CICO and nothing else, it really needs to be expanded to a balanced diet CICO.

No one says eat "eat junk" though.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Yup. It's just a sore spot that all the anti CICOers use all the time to discredit CICO as they claim that we advocate the all junk food diet ;)

time for a flogging a dead horse gif, surely....

Yup ;) that would be fun
  • ericwhitt
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

When all you say is "CICO is all that matters" you're inferring they can eat just junk if they really want to. No, no one is advocating it, but the fact is so many people just lazily respond with CICO and expect people to go do their own research, we're a lazy society and there's still a portion of the people who are going to infer they can eat nothing but junk and lose weight and be healthy. Since the biggest perception of health in this culture is based purely on weight. You see a fat person, you assume they are unhealthy. You see a normal body weight and assume they are healthy. Where in reality that fat person could be eating loads of good nutritional food, and the skinny person eating proper amounts of bad nutritional foods.

I'm just saying for how helpful this community is, there's a lot of lazy responses that just say "CICO" and never expand on it. I know it gets tiring with how many of the same topics come up on a daily basis, but I'd rather see a carbon copy generic but detailed response than the flock of people saying eat less than you burn.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    we can reset our body? like a computer? news to me

Yep....ctrl+alt+del x3

I'm an older model, where can I find said ctrl+alt+del keys? ;)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

When all you say is "CICO is all that matters" you're inferring they can eat just junk if they really want to. No, no one is advocating it, but the fact is so many people just lazily respond with CICO and expect people to go do their own research, we're a lazy society and there's still a portion of the people who are going to infer they can eat nothing but junk and lose weight and be healthy. Since the biggest perception of health in this culture is based purely on weight. You see a fat person, you assume they are unhealthy. You see a normal body weight and assume they are healthy. Where in reality that fat person could be eating loads of good nutritional food, and the skinny person eating proper amounts of bad nutritional foods.

I'm just saying for how helpful this community is, there's a lot of lazy responses that just say "CICO" and never expand on it. I know it gets tiring with how many of the same topics come up on a daily basis, but I'd rather see a carbon copy generic but detailed response than the flock of people saying eat less than you burn.

Keep in mind that this particular poster started two threads and advice got split between the two. I know I posted a more detailed copy/paste list on her other thread and a few simple mistakes from her food diary here. If you're reading that as lazy advice, you may not have the full picture.