Was just given an Isogenix sales pitch last night

Options
quiltlovinlisa
quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
edited November 2016 in Food and Nutrition
And was told how bad my homemade soup is for the body, fat makes you fat and the apples my kids eat have NO nutrition in them, what-so-ever.

I'm sold.

There was also this obsession with buying organic. I dared not say that I don't buy organic because I didn't want to hear how I was poisoning my family.

Fun times. I can never have that 20 minutes back.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    :/ Blech.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I get sale pitches ALL THE TIME. Apparently itworks would cure my Crohn's if I took it. Yeah, no. Gotta love being BMI 20 and getting weight loss product pitches lol since I definitely need to lose weight.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i have a running bet with a friend of mine on a triathlon forum whenever a question about nutrition is asked - how long before Isagenix or Beachbody are mentioned (followed of course with a, I can help you sales pitch)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    They covered a lot of woo in 20 minutes!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Being told how bad my homemade soup is. My homemade soup full of veggies, chocked full of veggies, and protein. That killed me a little bit inside.

Also, being told about the family saving $275 a month on groceries because of their investments in the shakes. Uh, I feed my family on $400 a month. My family of SEVEN. When I say there's NO budget, I mean, there is NO budget.

Of course budget is moot because I'm not buying but still. The whole thing was crazy.

• deannalfisher
    Options
    Being told how bad my homemade soup is. My homemade soup full of veggies, chocked full of veggies, and protein. That killed me a little bit inside.

Also, being told about the family saving $275 a month on groceries because of their investments in the shakes. Uh, I feed my family on $400 a month. My family of SEVEN. When I say there's NO budget, I mean, there is NO budget.

Of course budget is moot because I'm not buying but still. The whole thing was crazy.

sounds as good as the beachbody one that told me i'd be better off switching to them from a gym membership because the cost of their shakes was cheaper than what I could buy at the gym (and I wouldn't need babysitting if I worked out at home)...which made the assumption I buy shakes at the gym (which I don't) and need babysitting for kids (which since I have no kids)...
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options

sounds as good as the beachbody one that told me i'd be better off switching to them from a gym membership because the cost of their shakes was cheaper than what I could buy at the gym (and I wouldn't need babysitting if I worked out at home)...which made the assumption I buy shakes at the gym (which I don't) and need babysitting for kids (which since I have no kids)...

Same type of logic for sure. What, you didn't buy either?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I get pitches like that all the time. one woman even said the product she sells will reduce bad cholesterol,it gave her more energy(that would be the caffeine derivatives),her blood pressure went down,she sleeps better, and some other malarkey,oh and it helped her MS or some crap like that
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Being told how bad my homemade soup is. My homemade soup full of veggies, chocked full of arsenic, and uranium. That killed me a little bit inside.

Urghh I'm not surprised it's killing you inside, stop eating poison!!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    I get pitches like that all the time. one woman even said the product she sells will reduce bad cholesterol,it gave her more energy(that would be the caffeine derivatives),her blood pressure went down,she sleeps better, and some other malarkey,oh and it helped her MS or some crap like that

There was talk about more energy too, thankfully the details are buzzing out of my head.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I dont understand why people refuse to accept the concept of CICO. It is not the shakes it is the calorie deficit that u lose weight. In fact i'd rather get my nutrients eating real food then drinking all those expensive shakes. I have a friend on Facebook always posting how great she feels, how she's lost over 20 lbs. you can feel great too!!! I want to tell her you can get all that eating food as well but i dare not start a riot.
  • deannalfisher
    Options
    Being told how bad my homemade soup is. My homemade soup full of veggies, chocked full of arsenic, and uranium. That killed me a little bit inside.

Urghh I'm not surprised it's killing you inside, stop eating poison!!

I only put arsenic in elderberry wine.

arsenic - i heard belladonna was the correct addition to elderberry wine ;)
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Would have told them *kitten* you and the horse you rode in on
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    How did you get away? I get infuriated when people try to push this kind of MLM crap.

I started in a new department at work and during the first week a girl from another department was having her lunch in our break room. (Long story.) She was saying how she drinks three shakes a day in place of meals and for the first 2 weeks you can only eat boiled eggs, carrots and peanut butter besides the shakes.
    "I'm tellin you girl, this diet is amazing! It has saved people's lives! I mean 500 and 600 pound people losing 300 pounds in 6 months!"
    The other co-workers reply: "But I really like food. I like to eat FOOD, not drink shakes."
    Crazy woo person: "Oh it's just for 2 weeks then you can add in stuff, healthy stuff. Like 2 shakes a day and then a healthy dinner like chicken breast and salad."

I wanted to bang my head against the wall. The only thing that stopped me is I am new to this department and that what I wanted to say would have fallen on deaf ears.
    Also, crazy woo person was not at a healthy weight but to be fair I have no idea how long she had been drinking her magic shakes.